Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» fitting taper roller bearings to headstock and adjustment
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 10:04 pm

» Questions - Full fuel tank drained out last night!
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 9:17 pm

» Hi from NZ
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby No-Skates Today at 8:44 pm

» Map sensor
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Pindar Today at 5:46 pm

» General maintenance for a '02 Silverwing 400
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 11:35 am

» TMAX 500 Misfire
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Yesterday at 5:45 pm

» Almost a barn find
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Yesterday at 1:14 pm

» Dealer rebuilding 2006 SWing forks says the fork pipes are “scored”?
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Mon May 16, 2022 12:18 pm

» High fuel consumption?
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Pindar Mon May 16, 2022 11:44 am

» Might have bought the wrong SWing.
Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Mon May 16, 2022 5:00 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield

Go down 
+31
hotwings
Bash On!
johnd
WingMan02
GerardButlersHamster
Dramhunter
DickO
Mr Magic Fingers
Scoundrel
ekimsepol
Day Trippin
"Hi Yo"
JeffR_
Chilliwing
Colin B
eddy
Scroller
exavid
GHM-PM
tarmacburner2
MikeO
jmaslak
CathyN
model28a
Meldrew
john grinsel
adventure boy
1Wingman1
hobbykim
RamblinRedhead
Pastor Ron
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alan k
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-04-28

Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 7:51 am

Well I ordered the Givi af214 airflow , it arrived one week after and tomorrow I will attempt to install .
I've read all the advice given and feel competent that I can do it (famous last words )
Will let you know if successful or not - what could possibly go wrong !!
Thanks for all the info . Alan
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 12:50 pm

The instructions are dismal but if you look carefully at the pictures it does help... some.
Back to top Go down
Alan k
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2016-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Thanks Paul . I fitted the screen this morning without many problems . The credit card tip was really helpful in removing front cover . I fitted the brackets as I figured they would not include them if they weren't necessary . The left bracket drilled out and fitted easily but the other side was took about 1/2 hour to get the hole drilled in the right place , but all went well and total time taken was almost 2 hours . I reckon I could do another in about an hour .
A road test was then called for and it is really windy today so it was a good opportunity to se if buffeting was reduced and I am really pleased with the difference especially over 50 mph .
Thanks again to all the forum members for their invaluable advice . Ride safely Alan .
Back to top Go down
Mech 1 twa
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Mech 1 twa

Number of posts : 1245
Registration date : 2016-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield   Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 6:08 pm

This is the best windshield for SW. You will be happy with it.
I love mine. Good in any weather, hot- cold.
Back to top Go down

Update to AF214 GIVI AirFlow Windshield
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3