Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Uncomfortable seat

Go down 
+21
oldwingguy
hardee41
DaveR
honda_silver
toolboxjesse
johnd
Colin B
Gyro
MikeO
bikerboy
hotwings
tarmacburner2
lcseds
steveR
Meldrew
RamblinRedhead
old fart
dspevack
john grinsel
tinman
Disturbed
25 posters
AuthorMessage
Disturbed
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Disturbed

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2013-04-14

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 1:50 am

Any one know where to purchase an aftermarket seat geared more for long distance?
Or has anyone had one reupholstered to fit better?
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:07 am

Day long Russel. are one of the best. Smile
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:37 am

As veteran of over 1.5 million miles----save your butt=wear no underwear and your money, too on seat purchase. Or get in shape/ride more.

My 74 year old butt, on Sunday, lived thru (no pain) 15 hours (unplanned) on seat of my new TU250 Suzuki==no underwear. Try it.

Ride everyday.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:45 am

74 year old seat brownies on the seat. affraid
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:04 am

Russel and Corbin are Seat manufacturers that will make for the Swing.

There are people that swear by both, and hate both.

However I know of no one that has used both extensively and can give you a comparison.

Both are better than stock, but there is also the JG solution above.

Let us know of your choices.
Back to top Go down
old fart
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
old fart

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 8:08 am

airhawk seat cushion
been to Alaska on one.
Back to top Go down
RamblinRedhead
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-03-14

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:43 pm

I've ridden long days with just a sheepskin on the stock seat, and been happy as a lamb (not the one who gave up its fleece, though). I agree with getting in shape if you're going to do long rides. I do a lot better since I lost a lot of weight, and exercise a lot more. I wear biker shorts (with the chamois pads) underneath my riding suit. I used to get odd looks if I took the suit off and people saw my chubby old butt in those shorts.

Last time I stripped off the suit on a hot day, I got whistled at......and several offers to buy me a drink (at a 7-11, that is). I might be old, but I rocked the biker shorts!

I think biker shorts generally look a lot better on guys than on ladies, so I definitely think all you guys could pull it off with style. And we women would get more glimpses of those sexy male gams.....

Okay, focusing back. Every motorcycle I have owned, the seat has always been the most complained about feature (followed closely by the stock windshield). I must have a tough butt, because I never had issues with any of the seats, and I think the SWing seat is extremely comfortable - better than all the others I've tried. Windshields, I have more trouble with.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 12:59 pm

I find my Airhawk is unnecessary as the Silver Wing seat suits me fine even on all day rides. For many years now all the shreddies I wear for riding and touring are easy wash, lightweight, breathable and have no seams near my delicate arse cheeks to cause 'monkey butt'. It works for me! Wink
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:36 pm

old fart wrote:
airhawk seat cushion
been to Alaska on one.

Yep, love my Airhawk too and have sold several folks over the years on them too! I should get commission I reckon Smile

Longest day in the saddle was 13hrs on a Swing and 9 hours on a Transalp. I found the Swing very comfy, but as a bit of a lardy arse these days, the fact that all the body weight is on yer bum, means teh seat HAS to be good. On a conventional bike, some weights is on the legs too.
Back to top Go down

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:59 pm

I got one of these when I removed the butt-rest, it does very nicely:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JMK7N8
Back to top Go down
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:01 pm

I think the Swing seat is pretty good. I use the ultimate beadrider on it for airflow though.
Back to top Go down
Disturbed
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Disturbed

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:01 pm

What size do you have that best fits the swing?
Back to top Go down
Disturbed
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Disturbed

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:02 pm

The Airhawk seat size?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:41 pm

The Airhawk has already been a topic on here a few times and all the info you need is already there under Airhawk Seat or Airhawk Seat Cushion in the Accessories and Modification Section.
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:01 am

Never had a problem with the seat (must be one of the few who can say that). But one thing I do use when it is really hot is a Beadrider to get some cool air underneath me.

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:34 am

The wife and i can travel on the swing for about an hour then were due for a five minute break, otherwise the ole numb butt starts to set in. Was looking at the airhawk cushion the other day at a mc shop but had to walk away after seeing the price. It looked like a good product. Its on the someday list!
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:36 am

AirHawk expensive but it works ! Also portable between different machines.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:47 am

hotwings wrote:
The wife and i can travel on the swing for about an hour then were due for a five minute break, otherwise the ole numb butt starts to set in. Was looking at the airhawk cushion the other day at a mc shop but had to walk away after seeing the price. It looked like a good product. Its on the someday list!

Have a look at your underwear, are there any seams that you're sitting on causing pressure points and hot spots to your delicate butt.

RamblinRedhead has got the right idea wearing cycling shorts, and there's lot's of seamless high tech underwear available online or in outdoor stores.

Last edited by Meldrew on Thu May 16, 2013 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 6:51 am

IMHO one should have a break every hour or so anyway - numb bum or not.

The Automobile Association here used to say when driving one can drive for two hours, have a 40+ minute break then drive for one hour at a time after that with a short break inbetween each hour. I've stuck to that since 1966 and it works well.

I am fortunate in finding the Silverwing seat very comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 8:53 am

MikeO wrote:
IMHO one should have a break every hour or so anyway - numb bum or not.

The Automobile Association here used to say when driving one can drive for two hours, have a 40+ minute break then drive for one hour at a time after that with a short break inbetween each hour. I've stuck to that since 1966 and it works well.

I am fortunate in finding the Silverwing seat very comfortable.

My bladder will not let me go more than an hour or hour & a half without a break anyway. (HBP meds & diuretics) I envy those people my age who can go hours without a bathroom break. Even with the necessary bathroom stops, I am noticing an accumulated effect on my backside after several hours of riding. I'm looking hard at the Airhawk cushion.
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Number of posts : 586
Registration date : 2013-03-20

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:31 am

If you intend to buy an Airhawk, splash out and buy the more expensive neoprene version, rather than the Airhawk2, which is made of PVC.

I had the latter, and jolly good it was too, until it perforated. It was only a tiny hole, but I never found an adhesive that would repair it (the maker does say that, to be fair). The neoprene can be fixed and comes with a puncture repair kit.

Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Memory foam   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:48 am

Check out the comfort max gel pads from the ultimate in riding comfort Made in the USA.www.amspecialtiesusa.com
Not cheep but you can put it on and ride for hr. The one I bought was $114.95 a total of $134.53
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:53 am

Colin B wrote:
If you intend to buy an Airhawk, splash out and buy the more expensive neoprene version, rather than the Airhawk2, which is made of PVC.

I had the latter, and jolly good it was too, until it perforated. It was only a tiny hole, but I never found an adhesive that would repair it (the maker does say that, to be fair). The neoprene can be fixed and comes with a puncture repair kit.

The design of the "R" looks like the best choice for me, and it is Neoprene.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 10:42 am

Colin B wrote:
The neoprene can be fixed and comes with a puncture repair kit.

I bought my neoprene Airhawk about 8 years ago and didn't get a puncture repair kit with it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:05 am

Meldrew, just because you ARE paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Twisted Evil

tongue

Gyro, don't inflate the Airhawk too much, otherwise you'll feel no benefit. You'll just roll around like on a balloon. The air should be able to displace as you sit to give even support.

I found the best way was to inflate it to almost full. Then sit on it and slowly release the pressure until you feel yourself "bottoming out", as it where. Then put a puff or two back in.

Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 11:22 am

Colin B wrote:
Meldrew, just because you ARE paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Twisted Evil

tongue

Gyro, don't inflate the Airhawk too much, otherwise you'll feel no benefit. You'll just roll around like on a balloon. The air should be able to displace as you sit to give even support.

I found the best way was to inflate it to almost full. Then sit on it and slowly release the pressure until you feel yourself "bottoming out", as it where. Then put a puff or two back in.

Revzilla.com has a couple of videos on the Airhawk line. That is the method they recommend. Cool
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 3:20 pm

john grinsel wrote:
Or get in shape/ride more.

Funny you mention that John- I recently lost 60+ pounds and found my butt hurting more on long drives- now my darn tailbone sticks out and puts more pressure on my spine! Thank goodness for my Airhawk!

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:21 pm

Life is cruel,and then there's John. Smile
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 12:22 am

Colin B wrote:
I had the latter, and jolly good it was too, until it perforated. It was only a tiny hole, but I never found an adhesive that would repair it (the maker does say that, to be fair).

Would this work on the polyvinyl?

https://www.silverwing600.com/t5302-airhawk-seat#50225
Back to top Go down
Colin B
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Colin B

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:50 am

Thanks, I'll investigate.

The problem I have is that the tiny hole is in a difficult position, between two bubbles, so patches don't lie flush.

Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 10:04 pm

My 2005 seat is uncomfortable for me even though I have a good back rest etc. for some reason, I always seem to be sliding forward on the seat so have to brace my feet to keep pushed back in the saddle. I am thinking quite seriously of taking it to a professional shop and see if it can be made lower toward the back rest so I don't slide forward. Other wise it is o.k.
Any simple way to fix this?
Back to top Go down
hardee41
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hardee41

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2016 10:59 pm

Try a sheep skin before you spend a lot of money; works great for me!
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 12:07 am

I shaved 1" of the back side with a electric knife and tapered the side leaving the front of the seat un cut making a pocket to stop me from sliding .That was my first mod .
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 3:19 am

I had a non-slip tray mat on my seat. It worked wonders.

I still use it but under a bead-seat pad.

No 'migration' problems at all.
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 7:02 am

The first ride was OMG this seat has to go then I moved the butt rest all the way back and added a sheepskin, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, next will be the backrest conversion.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 8:46 am

This is suitable mat - I have a roll:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Blanket-Multi-Purpose-Anti-Slip-Mat/dp/B002HMX7QI/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1468673122&sr=1-1&keywords=oxford+products+non-slip+mat
Back to top Go down
oldwingguy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1936
Registration date : 2016-01-29

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2016 10:03 am

Wally world shelf and drawer liner Smile
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2016 5:59 pm

If you're up to the price it's hard to beat a Corbin for an aftermarket seat. Comfortable and they look good too. Made of leather in many colors with your choice of piping and stitching the look great on a bike. More like a motorcycle seat than the usual scooter seat. I've had two motorcycles with Corbin seats, lucky enough to get the bikes with the seats already on them. The first one had a Corbin about 15 years old. Still looked and felt great. I rode a fellow's SW a few months ago that had just been equipped with a Corbin seat. Nice. It was nice enough that I got and installed a Corbin on my GT. Not cheap around $500 for the Silverwing. Cost me $700 with front and rear heating.

Corbin: http://corbin.com/honda/hsw.shtml

Here's a page with a good bit of info: https://www.google.com/search?q=corbin.com%2F+silverwing+scooter&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=&gws_rd=ssl
Back to top Go down
Tom G
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tom G

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-09-10

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 8:10 am

MikeO wrote:
This is suitable  mat - I have a roll:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Blanket-Multi-Purpose-Anti-Slip-Mat/dp/B002HMX7QI/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1468673122&sr=1-1&keywords=oxford+products+non-slip+mat

What is a Tunnel Bag and/or why do you call it that? Please tell me how you converted a Tank Bag into a Tunnel Bag?

Thank you.

Tom G
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 2:23 pm

A tunnel bag is one name for bag which sits on the tunnel between the rider's legs.
There are various ones that are made specifically for the task and other which can be adapted.
The Moto Detail one is very good as long as you don't pack it tight; it fits in the Silverwing space.

I have one which came with my new bike. It doesn't need Velcro or anything like that to hold it in place but I have a strap with snap hooks at each end, looped under the front of the seat, which would prevent it flying off into the boonies if the worst were to happen.

It blocks the step-thru so I wouldn't use it unless I was on a serious trip, in which case I attached a cord to the handle so I could get on the bike then haul the bag off the ground.

Oxford Products used to make one which was idea for the Piaggio X9; it could be hooked on the curry-hook to steady it.

Givi make one.

I have a Cortech Mini Tank Bag which I hang from a strap/mounting I devised to fit though the square hole just below the steering head on my bike. I kept it when I sold my first Silverwing and have fitted it to the present one. The bag I have is no longer available but there are plenty of other suitable ones

There is a series of pictures in my album of how I made the strap/mounting. For the benefit of the 'How To' pictures I used wooden dowel and drawing pins; in 'real life' I used aluminium tubing and pop-rivets.

Link to my Album; pictures labelled 'Scooter-Bag Hook':

https://www.silverwing600.com/gallery/Personal-album-of-MikeO/Personal-album-of-MikeO-cat_u308.htm
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 4:13 pm

I converted a large Chase Harper Europa tank bag into a tunnel bag back in the Nineties simply by removing the foam base from the tank bag and attaching two long nylon straps with Fastex buckles that clipped onto the ones attached to the tank bag. I ran the straps from the tank bag on one side, under the body work, and attached to the ones on the other side of the tank bag to secure it. I could remove it for refuelling but usually I moved it out of the way. It didn't seem any trouble getting on and off the Helix either.

The Europa was expandable and the clear topped bag was great for holding route cards, I used it for years on my Helix and it was great, I still have the bag but unfortunately it's too large for any of the maxi scooters I've owned since.

I have a moto detail tunnel bag which is useful, but clambering over it to get on and off the taller Silver Wing is a bit of a pain, I'm a lot older these days.
Back to top Go down
feuerwehr7
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2014-04-25

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 3:46 pm

I have the same issue with the stock seat. I am over 6ft tall. Long rides are just a torture. Extended the backrest backwards but still not good. I also have sheep skin and air-hawk which I use on my other bikes. Any suggestions?? Thanks
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 7:40 pm

MileO you did some really nice stuff on your Wing, love the backrest...
Back to top Go down
vader1701
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
vader1701

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2015-01-07

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 7:41 pm

Meant to type this to MikeO I hate typos
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 11:04 pm

#1 uncomfortable seat, no underwear improves things #2 feet forward, hard on spine/butt--not best riding position.

In the over 1.5 million miles I have ridden, I get off every hour or 50 miles= no butt pain, even feet forward. Note I would never/have never owner motorcycle (cruiser) with feet forward. MZ's and Harley Sportsters with their slighly feet forward pegs could cause comfort problems, feet forward scooters just require getting off often.

Final:Even though I ride everyday and use scooter for everything, taking off for Canada in a week so-----first day limit miles to around 250 to let body get used to ride. Works for me.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 11:09 pm

[quote="feuerwehr7"]I have the same issue with the stock seat. I am over 6ft tall. Long rides are just a torture. Extended the backrest backwards but still not good. I also have sheep skin and air-hawk which I use on my other bikes. Any suggestions?? Thanks[/quote

Yes, as I already posted check out the Corbin. They make a seat to your specs, height, inseam and weight. Their seats are firm, but fit. After a couple thousand miles they pretty well shape to you. Very comfortable. As I mentioned above I've had more than one motorcycle with Corbin seats and just removed the two year old seat on my BMW C650GT with a new Corbin. I wanted a bit more legroom and got it. About an inch more according to my inseam. Much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uncomfortable seat Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncomfortable seat   Uncomfortable seat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncomfortable seat
Page 1 of 1