Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» SWing 600 windshield help
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby Meldrew Today at 4:03 am

» Car tire on a trike?
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 11:54 pm

» Denali DLR Light Pods
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 11:44 pm

» Looking at a SWing this weekend
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby Qwazert Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» Techron in my tank
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Hello from BC Canada
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Harley to Silver Wing
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Yesterday at 2:03 am

» Beware...spacers?
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 1:56 am

» Slip, shudder, whoosh.
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:01 am

» purrfection
Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeby GoonerKev Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:02 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Supernatural (cont)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
DickO

Number of posts : 948
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Supernatural (cont) Empty
PostSubject: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Hi JeffR,
Was just wondering if the forum guru's had come up with any answers to my malady. I really wasn't wanting to download another browser just for experimentations sake but will if I have to. I was wondering if a new registration under another user name would fix this.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2573
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:01 pm

DickO,

I'm sorry for this happening but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I know when I use my IE it is doing the same thing yours is doing. If you want, try a new user name and see if that works. I will ask them again when they think they may have a solution. Since it did work once it should still be working. Thanks for the patience.

JeffR
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:57 pm

Okay JeffR,
I picked up a new yahoo account with new user name (DickOtoo) and requisite password and then reregistered on this forum. When I went to the index page, everything showed as "already read". Don't know if that was normal or not. Will try going to another site and coming back in later to see if anything changes.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I have an iMac with both Safari and Firefox. I've had absolutely none of the problems you all write about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi JeffR,

Well, even with a new user name and account, I'm still having the same old problem.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:05 pm

DickO,

I just went in using my IE and it is working now. I opened the topics up and then went back to the forum, and all of the smiley's were upside down for the topics I haven't read yet. The other people having problems are not having the problems anymore so can you check once again? I'm sorry for the problem but it seems solved for the ones that have reported it.

If it is still now working, have you done something different that might have caused this? I'm just trying to figure out why it isn't working. Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:06 am

No, it's still not functioning as it's suppose to. Like I said before, the only "goofy" thing I did one night was to hit the "Mark All Posts As Read" button. Seems like it stuck in the "ON" position. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:23 am

Hey JeffR,
I just noticed I signed in under the "new" user ID but the result was the same. I just now signed in under the "old" user name and the system tried to operate normally for about 2 minutes (went into a category, found an unread symbol, then went back to the forum and the unread smileys would still be there as they should. Went into another category, found 3 unread smileys, read the oldest one, came back out and the 2 smileys above it had reverted to "already read" status plus the main category smiley did too. So... we're back to square one.

Okay... this one additional comment. When I hit the Mark Posts As Read button, I also remember hitting the "Delete Site Cookies" statement also. Just so you know.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:31 am

Dick,

I'm still going behind the scenes to see what I can do to solve this. One thing I did come across for someone that had this same problem was to go to the "today's active topics", which is right about the "Who's online" section at the bottom of the page. If you select this..."today's active topics"...it will bring you to all of the posts of the day you view this.

This is the only thing I can find. I did find a post that if you leave your browswer, then all the posts will be considered as "read". So I wonder if by going in and out of the forum if it is resetting somehow. I will keep trying though. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi JeffR,
Something to add to the mix... Wednesday evening about 10:25 PM... tried to log off of the site to try the "new" user ID but the system wouldn't let me sign off. Tried about 5 times. ???????
Back to top Go down
DickO
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
DickO

PostSubject: Re: Supernatural (cont)   Supernatural (cont) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 12:59 am

Hi JeffR,
Just so you know... I downloaded the Firefox web browser on my computer and everything seems to be working fine now.
Back to top Go down

Supernatural (cont)
Page 1 of 1