Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE

Go down 
+2
RArch
OLD HICKORY
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-04-05

HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE Empty
PostSubject: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 12:37 am

I have been checking out this site for ideas ever since I purchased my Silverwing last October. I have been riding most of my life and currently own a H-D Roadking, Honda Big Ruckus and the Silverwing. I love and ride them all. My Silverwing is a 2007 with ABS and it had 3400 miles on it when purchased. I gave $3000.00 for it. I have not put to many miles on it but with your suggestions as well as what I wanted from this scoot I have changed many things and am ready for the riding season to begin. To name a few changes:
Progressive front springs
Installed 12V socket (GPS)
Givi adjustable windshield (good stuff)
ISO Kuryakyn grips (the black chrome ones)
24GR Dr. Pulley sliders
Honda leg shields (to expensive but look and work good)
re-shaped seat and installed a gellcell insert under seatcover
relocated butt rest 1 1/2" back and up for more leg room (cut and weld brackets)
installed extra LED stop lights and added Back-Off flashing module (a must to stay alive these days)
Have a set of Pirelli Diablos to install (haven't yet, but will)
Mirror extensions
That's about it. You say, that's enough and your right. I'm not much on adding anything to make it better looking cause it is what it is. I just added things that add to my comfort or safety except the Dr. Pulley sliders. I held off buying a maxi scoot for several years cause I'm not a big fan of Tupperware but I had two Big Ruckuses for the last 5 years and decided to sell one and buy the Silverwing. Great running bike that I can go anywhere on.
Hope I didn't over stay my welcome by babbling on so long but thought it best join up to at least thank all of you for your insight on this fine scoot.
Also, I really enjoy Meldrew and John Grinsel take on any subjects. My kind of guys.
PS- If you should ask me a question and I don't respond in a timely fashion, it's only because I'm not real slick at this forum stuff. Later, Old Hickory

Back to top Go down
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 2:51 am

welcome

That's a fine list of mods you got Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:56 am

welcome The UK leg deflectors are pricy ,IMO well worth it if you have bad knees in cool weather riding condition.You might find the Swing Your favourite in your stable. small moped
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:39 am

The only thing I would add to your list would be a Top Box.
Givi is the most well know, but I have a BESTEM (less expensive and more than adequate for my purposes), and there may be others also.
Good luck with your SWING... beautiful area around there to ride! billc.
Back to top Go down
balazsfiviorel
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
balazsfiviorel

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2013-01-27

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 9:56 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
ScootRGuy
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2013-01-28

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:12 am

Hello neighbor, you have some very nice mods.

Gary in Nashville
Back to top Go down
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:29 am

Hello Billc,
The guy I bought my wing from gave me a brand new, never installed Bestem top box plus hardware. I sold it on Ebay cause I think top boxes look like a Weber BBQ grill bolted to the back of a scooter. Not my thing. If I decide to take trip, I will bungee a bag on the passenger seat. No problem
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:53 am

You know, thats a valid point about the Weber, but I tell you, once you install them (and they are removable) you will appreciate the extra storage, especially if you carry a passenger and my wife loves the backrest feature also, or for convenience and easy access. Also, more and more mainline bike mfgs like Honda and BMW are adding the top box as standard equipment or as a factory add-on.
Whatever you decide for you is what you should do, but as for me the plusses far outweigh the minuses.
You really DO have a great area to ride.... have a great spring season... billc.
Back to top Go down
OLD HICKORY
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 11:23 am

I ride solo and I moved the buttrest back 1 1/2" for more leg room which pretty much eliminates a passenger from riding comfortably on the back so I just have room for a bag strapped to the back. No need for top box. As you know, when Honda built these scooters, they had very little real estate to comfortably seat a rider and passenger and that's why most of us have to rework the front rider seat area. I'm only 5'9" tall and found it very cramped in it's original form. Can't imagine someone 6' tall and taller riding these bikes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE   HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELLO FROM OLD HICKORY, TENNESSEE
Page 1 of 1