Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steveonfarm
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
steveonfarm

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! Empty
PostSubject: Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos!   Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:31 pm

Any opinions here on the new Honda Forza 300i (Might be called The Reflex in the U.S.) It looks like a slightly smaller/sportier version of The Silverwing, and I must say I am initially impressed with what I've read so far.

The reason I ask is that, I am now seriously considering a trade in on my recently damaged SW! I figure that if I'm going to spend over €2,000 (My SW also needs new tires and a drive belt!), then I really want something shiny and new to compensate for parting with so much cash! My logic may no doubt seem a little flawed to some of you, and I've yet to speak to my dealers about what kind of deal they can do for me, but the thought of something a little lighter and more fuel efficient (with 2 years warranty!), does appeal to me right now Smile

Oh, I should add that the mechanic has suggested that a professional Tungsten Inert Gas weld job would cost almost the same as a replacement due to the labour costs involved in a complete diss-assembly of the engine required, and that they would be very reluctant to attempt any fixing with epoxy.

Still, I may change my mind again by next week! I have done several times already since last week's tragic events!

Anyway, On a brighter note, I've uploaded a selection of photos from my European tour last summer on to my newly opened album!

Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! M1270012

Please feel free to view them at your leisure and comment as you feel fit :flower:

SteVe
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos!   Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:19 am

The Police in Belgium use them so I guess they must be quite good! Smile
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos!   Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:12 pm

Hello Steve,
Forza looks a good alternative to the Silverwing. I would imagine you would feel more confident about the mechanical side of things knowing your engine hasn't had major surgery.

Looked at the photos of the European tour... a PINK TENT!! WT*! Please tell me your camera malfunctioned.

Whatever happens keep on the forum.

Cheers,

Last edited by tarmacburner2 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos!   Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Steve,

Sorry to hear about your SWing. I had a Reflex for about 4 months, and it was a very nice scoot, but just underpowered for me with the San Francisco bay area traffic. The Reflex was only 19 hp and I just looked up the hp on the Forza 300i and found it has 24 hp.

That's not too bad for a 300. They also have 14" tires in front and 13" in the rear, just like the SWing. It looks like a really nice bike too. Does it fit you when sitting on it? I would think too about investing a lot of money too. But if you plan on long trips I'm sure the Swing will be a bit more comfortable.

Do you plan to go into the mountains much? I'm just wondering how it would perform in the mountains. But it looks really good though. Let us know what you get. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
eddy
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos!   Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:00 am

My SW is 12 years old and i am happy.
Supposing i have major problems, i do not spend over 1000 Euro for fixing the bike.

Then i will look for a new or young Forza and even a Yam X-max 250.
They are lighter and a lot more economical.

I think a 250/300 is fine in the "Umwelt Wien Bereich".

About a steep mount ...i don 't know.
Ask at bikers in steep Austria.
Back to top Go down
http://edho@operamail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos!   Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honda Forza 300i ? And my European Tour Photos!
Page 1 of 1