Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
hi from England I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

hi from England

Go down 
+3
jdeereanton
honda_silver
Cornishman
7 posters
AuthorMessage

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:30 am

swing I have a silver coloured swing I am 48 my name is Marie and I would like to do some touring and camping on my bike
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Marie,

Welcome aboard. Lots of friendly and informative folks here so you should enjoy and benefit from your visits.

My wife and I are also interested in doing some touring and camping on our bikes (I have a 2008 Swing and she has a 2008 Kymco 250 Grandvista). I used to do a lot of backpacking so have experience packing light for a trip. HOWEVER, in my later years I have grown accustomed to my creature comforts and wonder if I can pack my beer cooler and Lazy Boy recliner on the bike.

Seriously, we are planning to do some touring but may decide to stay in B&B's or hotels. Enjoy the site and tell us about any tours you take.

RobinC
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Marie, welcome to the forum

Bob
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:27 pm

RobinC wrote:
My wife and I are also interested in doing some touring and camping on our bikes (I have a 2008 Swing and she has a 2008 Kymco 250 Grandvista). I used to do a lot of backpacking so have experience packing light for a trip.

The only way my wife will camp is in a hotel now.

Since you have two scooters, you are less restricted with you camping gear choices.

I have done a few camping trips with the SWing by myself, where I am strapped the camping gear to the rear passenger pillion fastened tightly to the solid TB-19 backrest.

If I was camping two-up on a single SWing then I would bring

- two man backpacking tent (versus three tent)
- still would bring thermarest pads
- inflatable pillow
- sheets and blanket(s) versus sleep bags (two would be too bulky)

If I could not strap it to the Givi E-96 on top of the E-52, then I would have to purchase side cases/luggage to store the bulkier camping gear.

RobinC wrote:
HOWEVER, in my later years I have grown
accustomed to my creature comforts and wonder if I can pack my beer
cooler and Lazy Boy recliner on the bike.

I have not tried packing my Lazy Boy recliner on top of the seat ... yet Razz . I would think the reclining could be dangerous while driving Shocked .
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:49 pm

Marie,

Welcome to the site. I think you will find quite a bit of information about touring on the SilverWing here. Be sure to tell us about your travels.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:19 pm

thanks everyone for your welcoming words look forward to reading and getting in touch with people as the time goes on
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:21 pm

Oh just been looking at another site there was a link on for a swing gt to come out hopefully later this year. I will be interested in looking at getting one of those. bounce
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 6:22 pm

hello and welcome i can recommend the touring part but wouldnt want to camp on it if you roll over your gonna fall off Laughing
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Hello and welcome to the site. Here's some pics of a solo camping trip I took on the scoot last summer.....if anyone is interested Smile

http://picasaweb.google.com/twistngo/MCCampingAugust2008#

Sleeping bag in one saddlebag, tent and backpacking campstove in the other, clothes, food, and cooking gear in the topcase, fishing gear under seat, sleeping pads and folding stadium seat on the pillion.
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi Marie,
Welcome to the site. Great folks with a lot of information. You'll enjoy the heck out of it!!!
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:52 pm

Hello welcome to the site!

There are a few of us here who are in England. Hopefully there'll be some rideouts later on in the summer...

Bernardo
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 8:52 pm

MikeH wrote:
Hello and welcome to the site. Here's some pics of a solo camping trip I took on the scoot last summer.....if anyone is interested Smile

http://picasaweb.google.com/twistngo/MCCampingAugust2008#

Sleeping bag in one saddlebag, tent and backpacking campstove in the other, clothes, food, and cooking gear in the topcase, fishing gear under seat, sleeping pads and folding stadium seat on the pillion.

Nice pictures. Were the fish for diner?
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 9:21 pm

[quote="honda_silver"]
MikeH wrote:

Nice pictures. Were the fish for diner?

I don't like mess of cleaning/cooking fish while camping. And properly disposing of the entrails gets to be problematic in bear county. I generally practice catch and release, but I will keep one to eat every now and then.
Any day you can ride your scooter AND catch fish......is a good day! :bounce1:
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:47 am

thanks everyone for your welcome messages. If there are people out there in England I could join up with for a ride out I would be verry happy thanks.
chickendance Marie
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:49 am

RobinC wrote:
Hi Marie,

Welcome aboard. Lots of friendly and informative folks here so you should enjoy and benefit from your visits.

My wife and I are also interested in doing some touring and camping on our bikes (I have a 2008 Swing and she has a 2008 Kymco 250 Grandvista). I used to do a lot of backpacking so have experience packing light for a trip. HOWEVER, in my later years I have grown accustomed to my creature comforts and wonder if I can pack my beer cooler and Lazy Boy recliner on the bike.

Seriously, we are planning to do some touring but may decide to stay in B&B's or hotels. Enjoy the site and tell us about any tours you take.

RobinC

Hi do you live in England there are not many women who ride the swing :m/c:
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:07 am

scooterbird5 wrote:
thanks everyone for your welcome messages. If there are people out there in England I could join up with for a ride out I would be verry happy thanks.
chickendance Marie

There was some talk a few weeks ago of a potential meeting up in the future. One idea is the Ace cafe in London, and another place I can't remember now in Essex, North of London. I'm busy with work until early June, but thereafter I'll post a few ideas. I live in Aylesbury, Bucks. Whereabouts in the country are you....? There are some other forums who have regular meets, notably the maxi-muppets. Their site is always very chatty, but there is a rideout section so easy enough to find the meeting points and times etc.

http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/

Happy riding
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: hello   hi from England I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:57 am

hi, yes the place you cant remember is high beech in epping forest.
Which is very popular with bikers.
I along with some of the others from the maxi muppets site do meet up here, so any time your free give us a call and we can sort out a time here or at the ACE
Smile
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:44 am

Hi!

Thanks for that, High Beech, at Epping Forest. I shall look forward to it

Bernardo
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:02 am

I live in Tamworth near Drayton Manor park about 15 miles from Birmingham
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi

Welcome to the Forum

lets bump the English Silverwing meet up in July , Swindon seems central as a suggestion
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:31 pm

what day in july? would be good for you, any sunday is good for me as long as i get at least two weeks notice.. then theres no problem. :bounce1: :D
Back to top Go down
Cornishman
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Cornishman

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-04-04

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:37 pm

July sounds good can't do the 26th though, that's the Sunday after our family BBQ which we host.

Avebury is near to Swindon and is a favourite bikers meet. Plenty of room and a chance to see the standing stones for those who haven't seen them.

Click Here
Back to top Go down
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:46 am

Yep that looks good for me! I'm even a member of the National Trust!
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:12 pm

If im about i may be up for that although in Italy end of july
Back to top Go down

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:48 pm

OK so How about Sunday 12th July ?

Sorry for Hi-jacking the thread Marie

The Avery Manor House looks good for some lunch
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Im working but dont worry about me bounce im sure there will be more
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi from England Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi from England   hi from England I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi from England
Page 1 of 1