Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» New member from Europe
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Howardr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II Empty
PostSubject: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:30 am

Thanks to those who read Part I. In this episode, we ride 300 miles on more dirt, mountain road, dodge thunderstorms and ride through a haboob:

http://skyislandriders.com/?p=1558

Join us,

Howard
Back to top Go down
https://thescooterzine.com/
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2540
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Nice report! Looks like a good trip; Robert and I were looking at heading to Young this Saturday but decided it would be an over 400 mile day (round trip). We aren't quite up to that in a one day trip so will do a smaller cruise tomorrow. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Howardr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-08-20

PostSubject: Re: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:27 am

400 miles does make for a long day, especially when you can only go 15mph on some of those dirt roads. The ride was 440 miles for me, door to door. I would rather have spent the night in Young, but didn't have the time nor the money.

Howard
Back to top Go down
https://thescooterzine.com/
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Sounds like such a wonderful trip Howard, albeit "only" a day trip. I've spent some riding time through some of that country also. It is indeed very impressive and well worth the time.
Glad you had such a good time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Part II
Page 1 of 1