Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing Trike
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 9:48 pm

» Silverwing With a Tow Pac Trike Kit
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Yesterday at 6:40 pm

» New Tire Experience
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Yesterday at 5:40 pm

» New Touring Bike (long)
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby Chris Olson Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Wnbasac variator tool question
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:43 pm

» Yes I know
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:11 pm

» Drive Pulley Bolt
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby exavid Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:10 pm

» Vintage riding
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby exavid Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:48 am

» Driving Lights Not Working
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby nooner Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:17 pm

» October photo
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Scooters and dirt, mountain roads

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Howardr
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Scooters and dirt, mountain roads Empty
PostSubject: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 3:54 pm

A friend and I recently rode to a tiny, isolated town in central AZ. It isn't accessible by a paved road and has only had electricity since 1965.

Scooters and dirt, mountain roads IMG_3380

The ride went from 1500 feet elevation to more than 7000 feet. We traveled a bit over 400 miles that day. Great ride. I wrote about it on our club website.

I just finished part I of the post, part II to follow in a day or two:

http://skyislandriders.com/?p=1523

Enjoy

Howard
Back to top Go down
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Sweet. Thanks for the pics and the report.

In my experience, that's the kind of dirt road the Swing handles alright. There are other kinds I wouldn't care to travel, and don't.
Awaiting part two.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Scooters and dirt, mountain roads 510-80

Number of posts : 2945
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:47 pm

applause applause Nice report Howard
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 1841
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:22 am

Well done! And not all that far from me; may have to zip up there and look around! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
acworthpatrick
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2011-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Scooters and dirt, mountain roads   Scooters and dirt, mountain roads I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 8:47 am

Great pictures and ride! I gotta get out of Georgia sometime and do some real trips.
Back to top Go down

Scooters and dirt, mountain roads
Page 1 of 1