Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Really bummed out

Go down 
+6
tarmacburner2
Meldrew
"Hi Yo"
DennisB
model28a
yahooie
10 posters
AuthorMessage
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2012-08-02

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:20 pm

Really bummed out today. Somebody hit my parked Siverwing at my office. Someone in one of the other offices noticed it on the ground and came to tell me. Nobody in sight. I looked for an impact spot and found nothing. I just installed a rear luggage box which was knocked off its mounting plate because it was bent. Upon further review the only place that the bike could have been hit was under the new storage box that I installed yesterday on the mounting plate as it was bent down and the bike falling over could not have impacted that spot unless it did a backflip. So looking it over there is some paint on it and in talking with a guy at the office next door a girl with a SUV/pickup matching the same color paint that was on the mounting plate was parked right across from my bike and left within the 30 minutes that it happened. So I have a lead but I have to wait for tomorrow when she is back to work to look over her vehicle for any sign of markings that may have been left by my mount plate. Police came and if I reported it today she would have been charged with felony hit and run. I didn't want that to happen so I must wait to talk with her tomorrow. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm

Was it not a hit and run? I hate to see anyone get in trouble but it is what it is. I have did things in my time that I was not proud of but one must stand up for there actions. I know I have had to pay the piper and I think it has made me a bedder person than if I was not held responsible for my actions. I was hit on my Wing in February and they left me laying in the middle of the road and drove away. I would not do that to a dog, and I feel if you let someone slide they will just think it's Ok as long as you don't get caught.
Now I will get down off my soapbox.
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Hey Roger, sorry to hear about that. I actually hit a dog and went door to door to find the owner. Dog was a little banged up but nothing broken. As far as the bike. It doesn't take Much to push it off the center stand. I talked with the owner of the company where she works so I am giving her the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 8:53 pm

What I like to see is company designated motorcycle parking area's and these areas protected with concret filled posts to protect the bikes of the employees. cheers
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 10:41 pm

Hey that would be nice Dennis. They have a designated area at school not protected by concrete though and actually at one of the campuses it is along the side of the road. What pisses me off is that for 2 years I have been parking my smaller Kymco 250 that had scratches and wasn't in the greatest shape having been dropped by the previous owner but without incident. I have this big bike in red for a little more than a week and it didn't have a single scratch on it now is pretty messed up. And my new top box is all scratched to hell. She better own up to it. I am also hoping to find a mark on her vehicle. I hope she really didnt know that she hit it. If she did her car will be washed and waxed I bet. That would be really messed up. I have had such a string of bad luck lately. I really can't afford to fix the bike without it.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Really bummed out 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Yahooie, Man, that is a bummer. You might also check if there are any security cameras that cover that area. I had my truck backed into at a store and the offender left a note with his name and phone number. I stopped at my insurance company on the way home and he had already been there to report the incident. So, not all people are inconsiderate. I probably would not have noticed the damage, if he had not left the note. I hope things work out well for you.
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Well got the estimate from the dealer. $1700 for repairs. Love the fact that my deductible is only $50. They had it listed for 4 hours of labor at $100hr. Parts total was $1200. Well I decided to do some homework and found the OEM parts online for $600. So I ordered the service manual and will be doing the work myself. If anyone has any input to links or diagrams that show the removal of the front plastics I would appreciate it. With the extra money I will be buying a new rear tire, paying for the registration and buying a new windshield. Not sure if I go with clear view with the vent or the givi airflow. Like the looks of the givi but worried about it flying off on the highway.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:24 pm

yahooie wrote:
Like the looks of the givi but worried about it flying off on the highway.

I wouldn't worry about it, believe me it's the long cold noisy ride home after it flys off that really pisses you off. Neutral
Back to top Go down
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 pm

I am worried about the money. I commute about 30 miles each way daily and constantly get beat up by the wind. I would buy the givi but if it's going to fly off I cant afford to buy another. Can barely afford 1 in the first place
Back to top Go down
tarmacburner2
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
tarmacburner2

Number of posts : 1099
Registration date : 2010-03-27

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Givi Airflow is a great windscreen to have. Just make sure that you regularly check the two 10mm nuts on the clamps. Make sure that when operating the clamps that there is a bit of resistance before they finally close. Doesn't have to be a lot.

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:55 pm

So did the girl come in with a different car or car repairs or did she own up to it?

I once hit a car with my van when pulling out of a parking spot. I could not believe the amount of damage. I left my card and checked with security. Finally after almost a week the owner contacted me and had no idea what I was talking about. We went to look a the car... and he says "Oh, that is all from a prior accident. Insurance is taking care of that... " Phew!

Thank goodness for low deductibles. A Woodchuck ate my truck. $1900 for a wiring harness for an Avalanche and $1000 for labor. Seems Woodchucks are an agent of God.
Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
yahooie
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 10:13 pm

Girls truck was red not silver color like guy said. Thought it was kinda fishy that she works for him and red and silver pretty hard to confuse. Nevertheless, it wa only a $50 deductible and hopefully removing and replacing the plastics doesn't turn out to be too hard of a job for me to handle on my own. The insurance had money in there for a new Bestem tbox since the one I installed was only 2 days old. And also money do the astir muffler guard that got scratched up a bit as well. I can live with the scratches on those for now as I need the $250 for the registration more. With doing the work myself that is paying for a new rear tire and givi windscreen although I am still a little hesitant about the givi. The reason being is everyone says just check to make sure the bolts are secure. Well I plan on some pretty long rides on the weekends some 150 miles each way. I don't want them loosening up during the trip only to fly off on the highway. I don't or won't be looking through the windshield and in south Florida maybe the clear view with the vents is the way to go. Get some more airflow on me to cool down. I don't have a mesh jacket just textile with zippered vents and the jacket is very warm even fully unzipped.
Back to top Go down
greyfox30
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-07-26

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:02 am

Don't worry about the Givi. As soon as mine got here to install I put an extra turn or two on the adjustment lock nuts. Two days in a row, I have really tested the AF214 at ALL speeds and have no complaints. Two trips over 100 miles each at 70-75 MPH and a few dashes passing slower traffic at speed I won't mention right now. Three cheers for the Givi. Also, after removing the shield to install the metal brackets I find the instructions were clear as mud so I decided NOT to install the brackets. This was before I made the last two trips so, all is well IMHO.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 5:08 am

....after removing the shield to install the metal brackets I find the instructions were clear as mud so I decided NOT to install the brackets.

There are comprehensive and clear instructions in the Forum if you feel moved to add them at some point. Smile
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:34 pm

If it wasn't for this forum, I'll still be trying to decipher the instructions
provided by GIVI

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Really bummed out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really bummed out   Really bummed out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Really bummed out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Riding :: Rides and Stories-
Jump to: