Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just got the 45-liter Givi box...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Just got the 45-liter Givi box... Empty
PostSubject: Just got the 45-liter Givi box...   Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:55 pm

...and starting to prep the Silverwing for my little tour at the end of the month.

Between the Givi box and the underseat storage, I have a bunch of storage room now...

Very excited to start touring with the SWing.
Back to top Go down
Smaug
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Smaug

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2012-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Just got the 45-liter Givi box...   Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:18 am

Congrats on that. I had the 46 L box on a couple bikes, and really got good use out of it. Really good quality.

If you haven't considered it yet, get something to keep your behind happy. Aftermarket saddle is one (expensive) option. But the shape of the Silver Wing saddle is already good. It just doesn't breathe, which leads to a numb butt.

I bought a beadrider pad and it is great. Cheap too, compared to a Russell rebuilt saddle or new Corbin.

Got a tubeless tire patch kit? First aid kit? Towing?

I was most of the way home from a trip one time when my bike (not the Silver Wing) crapped out. Called my insurance co, which includes towing, but apparently not on a bike. That really ticked me off; had to bug a friend, who luckily had a pick-up.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Just got the 45-liter Givi box...   Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Thanks, Smaug...good suggestion about the beadrider...will have to look it up.

I always carry a tubeless tire patch kit, a mini air pump, a first aid kit and communications gear (cell phone, 2/70cm handheld radio-a lot of areas I go have better ham radio repeater coverage than cell phone coverage...de W6LPH). Also carry some tools, a jumper cable and other odds and ends.

When I was shopping for bike insurance some years ago, I chose my insurance company, in part, because my policy includes bike tows, so good to go on that.

I'll be laying out the tour stuff next week some time to ensure that I'm not overdoing the packing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got the 45-liter Givi box...   Just got the 45-liter Givi box... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got the 45-liter Givi box...
Page 1 of 1