Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello to all from London - UK

Go down 
+3
"Hi Yo"
EasyRider SilverWinger
halfabusa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
halfabusa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-07-09

Hello to all from London - UK Empty
PostSubject: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 am

Just wanted to say hi to you all. I was recommended to this forum by one of your members, Meldrew.

I currently own a 2003 Yamaha Tmax and previously had a Suzuki Burgman 650. Historically, i have to admit i never liked the Silverwing, but as my registration here gives a clue, i am beginning to like it recently Wink

I'm thinking of changing my bike by the end of this year and looking through the used market with a set budget and reliability in mind, there doesn't seem to be much selection between maxi scooters i can get. The two prospects currently are the Burgman 400 and Silverwing. For up to £4000, either can be found with less than 10k miles and of 2009-2010 models, which i think is a bargain.

I would like to keep an eye on the forums here and see the advantages/disadvantages of the silverwing. Although i have known this bike for a long time, i never bothered reading about it until it came under my radar. What i read so far here (last few days) is that the owners are very happy with its capabilities and reliability.

That's all for now.

Back to top Go down
EasyRider SilverWinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:31 am

DennisB can light bars make
and perfect connectors too

Hope you got a ride in yesterday
Happy Birthday Dennis to you
Easy
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello to all from London - UK 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:18 am

welcome Sit and stay a spell. welcome Mr Meldrew is one of my favorite (favourite) posters; for a cranky old git. Smile
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:53 am

G'day mate welcome to the site.

However citing freindship with the "grumpy old man" won't get you any kudos from Oz.

PS

Just between you, me and the bedpost, does he still wear a hanky with knots in the corners on his head, screaming "it aint arf ot mum" while out and about on the stony beaches in errr errr summer?
Back to top Go down
halfabusa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:00 pm

KurtPerthWA wrote:
G'day mate welcome to the site.

However citing freindship with the "grumpy old man" won't get you any kudos from Oz.

PS

Just between you, me and the bedpost, does he still wear a hanky with knots in the corners on his head, screaming "it aint arf ot mum" while out and about on the stony beaches in errr errr summer?

Darn, will i have to earn my own kudos Neutral ??? How many credits for part exchanging my tmax for a silverwing then Twisted Evil

I'll find out about his hanky if we get any proper summer around here mate. For now, it's constantly rain and we're almost over with summer.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:04 pm

Hello and welcome from the balcony. Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:19 am

Hello mate,

Welcome, I forgot to mention that there's lots of daft old men on here, especially that Sand Groper in Western Australia. They'll give you plenty of good hints and advice on the Silver Wing and also recommend a lot of accessories and other stuff.

They mean well but you probably don't need a dentures holder, a dribble bib, or the big button Honda heated grips. Wink

Back to top Go down
halfabusa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:27 am

Dentures holder!!! rolling laughter I hope you're joking mate. I did see a few posts of you here mentioning it but never took it seriously. Does such a think really exist? I might think about getting one if i'm still riding in about 30 years time Wink
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:44 am

Meldrew!!
You make me look like a scam master... I have never ever tried to flog denture holders.

BTW alfabusa, have you ever considered installing gudgeon pin excuberators on any of your bikes.. They are very hard to get as the racer boys don't like to let out their secrets. "How do they work?" you may well ask. Its simple really they are tubes of very high grade chrome vanadium steel that fit snuggly into the pin. This strengthens the pins exponentially and reduces engine shattering vibrations. They also stop the pins from flexing under high rpm load giving you an extrra 25% higher revs. Just the thing to make your scoot run like a full busa!
I just happen to have a spare set in the garage that I can let you have for a very very tempting price.

Let me know if you are interested. Denture Holders..., Hurrumph!!!
Back to top Go down
halfabusa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:33 am

yeehaa! i'll have 10 of those please Laughing
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:54 am

Welcome halfabusa, would you like to trade weather for a few days? Some cool rainy days for some hot Az. 110 degree days, also, where do I sign up for the denture holder. Ride Safe.
Back to top Go down
halfabusa
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Robert, how about we trade countries and be done with it once and for all? :D
Back to top Go down
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Hey halfabusa, you talked me into it, my SWing is an '08 like yours, so you won't miss yours, my wife won't leave, so you will have to feed her, is that ok? I've already started packing, will catch the next flight to London, call you when I arrive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello to all from London - UK   Hello to all from London - UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello to all from London - UK
Page 1 of 1