Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Silver Wing Miles (a Poll)
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 10:28 pm

» Introducing myself
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 8:45 pm

» New Yamaha scooter 2018
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Today at 4:54 pm

» Battery and Fuse Questions
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby DickO Today at 4:33 pm

» HI Everyone
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby Dutch SilverWing Today at 4:27 pm

» Swing windscreen
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Today at 1:24 pm

» [Resolved]Having difficulty finding some pieces now
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby XDM© Today at 10:33 am

» Greetings from another owner to be….
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby Hondafan Today at 10:05 am

» Forza off-road
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 10:52 pm

» Belt advice.
I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 6:29 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

I made it up the big hill this morning!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

I made it up the big hill this morning! Empty
PostSubject: I made it up the big hill this morning!   I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:37 am

I'm a new to scootering rider, having been on various small to mid-size motorcycles for about ten years (I'm keeping my F bike). Our town is in the foothills of Western N.C., and most of the streets have a one-story difference in elevation in the space of one block. I have to ascend and descend one of these buggers on the way to our office, which I did this morning, and I made it without any mishaps. Sigh.....
One of my concerns about switching to a scooter was how I was going to manage holding the bike in place nose pointed uphill while getting started from a light. The eastbound side is the one I managed today. I'm giving myself permission to go around the westbound side for a while yet until I get used to where the friction zone is.
Last night I took it on the freeway for the first time. Looked down and I was doing 80 by the clock (so probably actual of 75 or so). Felt like 55 in the cage. And every bit as smooth as I hoped it would be. I think I'm liking this Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I made it up the big hill this morning!   I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:21 pm

:m/c: So glad you are enjoying your Silverwing. I'm loving it more each time I am out. I went our for a few hours yesterday and realized I forgot to put my riding boots on, which gives me a good inch or so. But I didn't have any problems handling the bike with my tennis shoes which was really a great feeling. It's amazing how much power this bike has!!!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: I made it up the big hill this morning!   I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi churchlady53,

Glad to hear you made it up the big hill.....many more out there to concure.
Go get'em. :m/c:

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I made it up the big hill this morning!   I made it up the big hill this morning! I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:37 am

Until last week my only motorcycling experience was crashing a borrowed dirt bike in the mountains about 20 years ago.

I find the SW amazingly easy to learn on. Just twist and go. I can work a clutch and gears, but I'm glad I don't have to learn how to ride AND perfect shifting at the same time.

I can now see that I might want to step up to a bigger, more powerful bike some day. But I want an automatic transmission. I've spent most of my life driving a stick and, frankly, the charm has worn off.

Once I get the wind blast and sore bum issues worked out I may NEVER get off this bike! It's hilarious fun.
Back to top Go down

I made it up the big hill this morning!
Page 1 of 1