Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience

Go down 
+41
DickO
lewjayjr
creeksidemonkey
steve_h80
MadDog
Modernman1953
Stainless601
feuerwehr7
razorback
exavid
ridr44
Porkie
cotetoi
roders
masontx
Silver Dave K
Ishkatan
tinman
john grinsel
ScooterBJ
Cosmic_Jumper
bubblepuppy
JeffR_
Globalmedic
JeffR
Colin B
Constable Plodder M15
model28a
"Hi Yo"
lalee
jaredandrada
PanDog
GHM-PM
Mr Magic Fingers
MikeO
bandito2
gizmoguy
gooffy
Meldrew
Greydog
honda_silver
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

A separate Car (Darkside) Tire sub-forum has been created which is only visible via a private group.

This will allow

- members with Car (Darkside) Tire experience
- members interested in Car (Darkside) Tire details/experience

to freely discuss without banter or interference.

Please post to this thread to request access to the private sub-forum.

The anti-Car (Darkside) Tire banter may still occur in the public portion of the forum.

All posts will be deleted from this thread as the requests for access are completed.

Last edited by honda_silver on Mon May 07, 2012 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 2:44 am

It's hardly rocket science stating that a car tyre gives better wet weather traction and tyre wear than motorcycle/scooter tyre. For a start there's a larger contact patch with the road and far more tread to push water away, and the tyre compound is harder wearing anyway. We all get far higher mileages from the bog standard tyres on our cars than anything fitted to a motorcycle or scooter.

Another old line is 'don't knock it until you've tried it'. The practice of fitting obscure Asian brand tyres to motorcycles/ scooters isn't legal here in the UK and or in Europe, and would inevitably invalidate your insurance cover if you did. You'd probably be prosecuted by the Police too, so why bother at all.

But as previously stated this topic is so, deadhorse   frustrated Sleep etc.

I'd say the real appeal of 'Darksiding', or going over to the 'Dark Side' is just that, calling yourself a 'Darksider', as if you were a member of some secret elitist group of riders in the know.

Only it never can be secretive, you always have to be bragging and bullshitting about it on forums. It's like oxygen to any Darksider, knowing that any post is click bait and they'll inevitably get a response.  

Think about it, masturbating is universally popular, but no one brags about indulging in the practice on Internet forums, calls themselves a Wanker, and says don't knock it until you’re tried it. Smile
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 4:44 am

I wish there was a Facebook-style 'Like' system here.

I've had a sh*t morning so far and it's only half-past eight but the clouds have been swept away by the post before mine.
In truth, I was trying to list the 'secret elitist groups' I've heard refer to themselves as Darksiders. I'd got as far as scooterists with T&G scooters ..... or was it ones with geared scooters?

Thank you, Meldrew, for lifting me out of my gloom. Smile
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 6:06 am

Meldrew wrote
"Think about it, masturbating is universally popular, but no one brags about indulging in the practice on Internet forums, calls themselves a Wanker, and says don't knock it until you’re tried it."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  Love it
Back to top Go down
Dale N.
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Dale N.

Number of posts : 1982
Registration date : 2014-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 6:46 am

My version of Dark Siding worked great. I put Dark curtains on my bedroom windows so the Sun wouldn't wake me up in the morning.
Works Great !!!
Back to top Go down
GoonerKev
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
GoonerKev

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2019-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 8:21 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing That's about my limit Dale Wink
Back to top Go down
minimac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 10:20 am

Haters gotta hate. I guess I thought it would be different here. Silly me. I should have known better than to expect civility. I realize in the UK it's illegal, but here in the good U.S.of A. we're free to run any tire of our choice,regardless of what anyone else thinks, as long as it's D.O.T. approved. That goes for insurance also. Don't forget that once everyone knew the world was flat, until some suicidal fool decided to see how far west he could go.
And I stopped masturbating when I needed glasses. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 10:34 am

That's all very well but if you look back to the beginning of this thread you will see it was started eight years ago. Many members were already here when it was started.

Honourable members, well-respected and very knowledgeable, have been very tolerant of endless unnecessary repetition of this sort of thing so deserve respect, even if they express their feelings in the ways we have.

As they say: if you can't stand the heat of the fire, get out of the kitchen.
From time to time I have followed my own advice but have returned and am very happy to be here.
Back to top Go down
minimac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2020-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 11:30 am

As it stated in the beginning, it was also a separate private forum for those who darkside-posting their experiences -good or bad, and those interested in so. Down the line, it was unlocked, and in came those who felt the need to express their opinion to the contrary. Fine. I posted my experience in keeping with the original intent. Nothing more or less. Even though I expressly stated it's not for everyone. Some people apparently feel that my experienced based opinion, is somehow invalid or has no value, but their opinion isn't. If anyone has no interest, the solution is easy-don't read it. Even better, why comment on it? No matter how old the thread is. BTW, thanks for the "warm" welcome to the board.  Having just bought a Silverwing, I joined here to tap into the knowledge base regarding this model. I've shared a lot of my knowledge on many other boards in my well over fifty five years of motorcycling experience and looked forward to doing the same here and learning about this particular model.  Being told "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen" is hardly conducive to that end. I certainly didn't post to get in a peeing match with anyone. Now, how about what's the best oil? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 11:37 am

minimac wrote:
Haters gotta hate.

Wow! Another Tailor Swift fan, I'm currently using the first verse of 'We Are Never Getting Back Together' as my 20 second Coronavirus prevention hand washing song. I got the occasional weird look singing it to myself in public washrooms, but I don't care.

You say you stopped masturbating when you needed glasses. That's hard to believe, as the old saying goes 'There's two types of male, wankers... and liars'.

We Brits are well versed in how it is over your side of the Pond on Darksiding, DOT approved tyres, insurance, and all the rest of it. Because you're just the latest in a long line of car tyre fetishists on here, rehashing it to members with many years of Silver Wing and other maxi scooter experience who've heard/read it all before.

What's next? a lesson on Hercules, Sumitomo, etc. You'll notice I can even remember a couple of these obscure tyre brands.

That's mainly down to a bloke that used to be on here called larryinseattle. He was another Darkside fetishist and Gold Wing owner that created endless friction about car tyres. Go and dig out some of his old posts. Maybe you really are him and have now moved to Florida.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 1:10 pm

I suppose that we Admins/Mods erred in thinking that reopening the darkside topic after a lockdown that you boys would be on civil behavior. But now when a new member comes along and posts simple remark the fracas erupts again. Sadly this topic must be locked again.

If anyone has a need to bring up this darkside topic again, please PM me.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience   Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car (DarkSide) Tire Experience
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3