Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 8:05 pm

» What were they thinking?
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby cotetoi Today at 7:49 pm

» Earth cable stress
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Today at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Yesterday at 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Northern CA trip report

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

Northern CA trip report Empty
PostSubject: Northern CA trip report   Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:13 pm

At the urging of jdeereanton I am posting one of my trip reports. This was my first motorcycle trip ever and consisted of 1400 miles over six days in Northern CA. What a blast! It answered many questions about the suitability of the SWing as a two up touring machine. Here is the link to a pdf file of my report which includes itinerary, route maps, a few photos and waaaaay too much verbage

http://www.4shared.com/file/103824747/14c0aeb6/NorCal_trip_report_-_Aug_2006.html

or

http://tinyurl.com/cz6qzf

Warning!!! This reading is only suitable for those suffering from severe isomnia!
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Northern CA trip report   Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi Mike,

What a great trip. I just love northern California. Have you ever taken the ride along the Trinity River. small moped

Fun stuff.....Just love it!!!!!

DennisB Smile
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Northern CA trip report   Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:33 am

MikeH,

In my opinion more verbiage is better. I know the axiom - a picture is worth a thousand words. But, words can be used to paint a beautiful picture. Reading a detailed description of an event draws me into the experience.

I reread the post - even though I remember reading it when you first posted it on the Yahoo site. Good narrative.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Northern CA trip report   Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 10:33 am

Great report sounds like a fantastic trip sadly in the uk many of us just dream of sunshine rides of that sort of distance,hopefully one day my plan is to ride the uk coast just go south to the beach then toss a coin for right or left then see where life takes me
Back to top Go down
MikeH
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
MikeH

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Northern CA trip report   Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:04 pm

DennisB - I haven't been on that road, but would like to. Sooooo many roads.....so little time.

Dale - I'm glad you mentioned it. I enjoyed re-reading it too. Brought back a lot of great memories. It was quite an adventure for someone as new to riding asd I was.

John - I developed the philosophy that wherever you are, the scenery is better when viewed from two wheels. A coastal trip around Great Britain sounds like an awesome ride
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Northern CA trip report   Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:32 pm

Wow that was an amazing write up. Crater Lake and the Redwoods are always a treat. You did such a good job describing how the trip went, and how you prepared. You were so concerned about your wife's experience which I thought was great. The cell phone story was funny, take a licking and keeps on ticking I guess. Your pictures were really nice. The one with the sunset was great.
That was quite an adventure. I hope to venture out like that some day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Northern CA trip report   Northern CA trip report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Northern CA trip report
Page 1 of 1