Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(

Go down 
+12
MikeO
AAAA
john grinsel
Tamjay
"Hi Yo"
masscoot
Opalsboy
CathyN
viclavigne
surlybiker58
KurtPerthWA
CSN
16 posters
AuthorMessage
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-01-25

Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( Empty
PostSubject: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:09 am

Well by the subject line you can guess what happened to me.
I have been riding bikes for as long as I can remember but legally with my licence for 7 years now.
I did such a bone head thing yesterday and I still haven't quite figured out what the heck I did other than a lot of damage to my bike and my confidence.
A couple of weeks ago I almost lost control at this very same corner, it was just at a coffee shop that has a drive thru on one side and a gas bar on the other. I think it was a matter of not looking in the direction you want your bike to go but it happened so fast not one hundred percent sure. I looked to my right to make sure no cars were coming out of the drive thru and then to my left to make sure no one was speeding out of the gas bar as they often do and turned left. I turned wide and noticed I was going too close to the curb and I guess I ended up focussing on the curb rather than in the other direction and my wheel went right up, I braked but it was too late with the wheel up on the curb I lost my balance and I couldnt keep the bike upright. So it dropped from the curb down onto the pavement on the left handside. I scratched the front and back of all the left side. As well cracked a piece close to the left signal light and where the lock glove box, that whole side came apart. I've already ordered the paint so that part will be taken care of but not sure what I'm going to do about the rest. Going to see if my amazing mechanic can push it back in as I'm sure a whole side replacement will be a lot of money.
Has anyone had to replace the tupperware on their bikes?
Any idea as to what that costs?
I'm a little nervous to get back on now, I am registered for a ride like a pro course but its not till mid June. I'm sure that will bring back some of my confidence. The ironic part I was nervous to take the course because they teach you tight turns and I was afraid I would drop the bike in the training class and without an engine guard I knew the bike would get damage. My friends joke now I don't have to worry about it as I already have done the damage. :lol!:
As far as my injuries all I have today is a stiff neck, bit of a bruised knee and a bruised toe. My boot was really scuffed so not sure if I ran over my own toe or part of the bike fell on it, not too sure but bruises will heal. My anger with myself, for doing such a stupid thing well that will take a while for me to get over that.
So I guess the moral of this story.....doesn't matter how many years experience you have riding, even with classes under your belt.....you can still fall so becareful everyone, stay safe but have fun because lets face 99 percent of the time, riding is a blast!
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:26 am

You probably grabbed the "clutch" as well as the front brake. Yep, instant stop due to the linked brakes. Happened to me when I first got the bike 3km/hr to on its side in traffic in under a second. Didn't even get time put my foot down.

It took a while for me to realise why as I have had scoot experience prior but not linked brakes. Remember if you hit the rear hard enough it locks up the front instantly at low speed especially if you just recently got of a motorcycle.

Back to top Go down
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:50 am

Yes...that makes perfect sense.
I would have definitely pulled in the left side brake from my emergency braking technique I learned on a motorcycle. I probably pulled it in first then the right hand brake. What a stupid thing to do! I'm still so angry at myself.
Did you have a lot of damage on your bike and how expensive was it to fix it?
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:25 am

Being used to motorcycles, when I first got my Wing, I kept grabbing the "clutch" and hunting for the rear brake pedal .
It's a wonder the I didn't have an accident . Did have some close calls.
You just can't be overconfident and let your guard down.
Glad you're safe with only some bruises. You might try Ebay for
the tupperware parts. Periodically, someone will be parting out a wing.

Back to top Go down
viclavigne
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
viclavigne

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2012-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 10:38 am

So sorry about the accident. What others said... look at eBay, the sales section in this forum, etc. Scratches can be painted over, we had a local garage paint my wife's Morphous (very scratched up when we bought it) and he charged us $450 plus we bought the paint.

Vic
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

CSN,

I did something similar shortly after I got my Swing. I was turning into a friends driveway which had a bit of a curb, my husband was on his bike in front of me, I was going slow, I was getting to close to him next thing I knew I was going down on my left side. Very slow motion. I scratched up the side a bit not bad a little piece of plastic broke off. The left side was scratched up a bit from the previous owner who dropped it once in a parking lot.

I have been riding only 1 1/2 years. This is my first bike. Since I got it I have put almost 17,000 miles on it. I dropped it in a parking lot last summer when getting on it. I parked it on an area that was not so level.
I scratched the left side again and the top case and broke part of the windscreen. Hurt my left wrist and bruised some ribs. We still had 600 miles to go before we would be home. The rib pain didn't really kick in until after I got home. Took a few days off from riding.

Last week I was riding home from work. I was on a side street following a pick up truck the kind that picks up junk from people's garbage cans and leaves in alleys behind ther houses. They put plywood in the bed so they can haul more junk. Point being they can't see you. Well this clown stopped past the alley. I was a few feet away, but I was not where he could see me (my mistake, learned my lesson). I was wondering what he was doing when I noticed his right back up light was on (barely visible) and he was in reverse. Well, I was trying to find my horn and get out of the way at the same time. He kept getting closer until he ended up in my front wheel I found my horn. He finally stopped his truck but after I heard the crunch of my fender. I did not fall. I managed to get my bike over to the curb, got off and asked the driver to pull over so we could exchange info. In the mean time I picked up what was left of my fender in the middle of the street. Two people who came upon this accident pulled over and asked if I was alright. One of which knew me from work. In the mean time the truck driver took off slowly looking at me with a look on his face "no speak English, probably no insurance". The bike's fender was busted and the left driving light was broken.

I was very lucky. Had he backed up any further I could of lost the front Tupperware along with who knows what. I did managed to stay on my bike with no injuries. Thank you God.
I was able to ride home with the back part of the fender rubbing the wheel. The brakes seemed to be working fine.

When I got home I called my Honda dealer and ordered up a new fender. $140.00 painted. It came in Wednesday. Hope to have it on this weekend. Have not rode the bike since accident did not want to kick up any rocks, etc into my radiator.

Learned my lesson about being seen and staying far away from those junk trucks. I am signed up for an experienced riders course with MSF this May.

Hope you get on your bike soon. Have fun and ride safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:48 pm

CSN, Cathy, and others,
Thanks SO much for sharing your stories. I'm so relieved you weren't hurt any worse than you were. I have been hiding here, reading posts, quiet and ashamed. I had my sparkling new '09 Swing all of 7 days before I pulled a stunt and scratched up the left side. I only had a huge bruise and an even bigger bruised confidence and ego. I have forced myself onto it most every day, if only to ride in a nearby parking lot. Have all of 150 miles on it now...lol. I am starting to enjoy it, but this may be a long road. It helps to know that others make mistakes. My husband has ridden for SO long and he can just barely understand my "newness" to this skill...I'm testing his patience in a whole new way.
Still trying... Smile
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Come on Beth... I have you beat... I dropped my 03 11 times in the first 7 days I had it Laughing Embarassed . Never actually riding, just backing up or turning in drive way. Now I have two wheels on rear, so, I hope I never drop it again. But could happen.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:54 pm

Sorry to hear that CSN, we all have our drop stories, I have 3 of them! Target fixation sometimes gets the best of us, as you know "look where you want the bike to go and it will follow".

To answer your question about body parts. The truth is the one you describe as broken does not come up for sale used that often. Here is a Link to what you need. It is part #46 in the diagram and is $294.00 + shipping.

Several folks have had good luck repairing panels and locking tabs, hopefully your amazing mechanic has had some experience with "tupperware". Funny how we refer to it as tupperware, if it was it wouldn't break in the first place. Let us know how things work out. Hope your bumps and bruises heal quickly and completely.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:32 pm

I'm just glad you'll be talking to an amazing mechanic and not a doctor. I had a similar situation in a left turn lane, but I had left extra space and found my horn in time.
Back to top Go down
Tamjay
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tamjay

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:11 am

When I had an accident a couple of years ago, the whole of the left side tupperware had to be replaced. Cost over £4000 (about $6000 approx). Luckily the insurance company had to foot the bill.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:10 am

Thank you, all of you for sharing/caring.
At first I was reluctant to post out of embarrasment and still shocked I could lose control of my bike with my experience with much heavier bikes.
It has helped me to hear all of your stories.
Cathy, I am so sorry to hear about your trials but am happy that you are okay and you still plan on riding. That takes a lot of courage to get back in the saddle.
Beth good for you on moving forward.
Laurie....holy crap, I only paid 7 for mine with tax in, if they tell me my repair is going to be 60000, I don't know if my insurance would pay for it but I would have to try. I didn't report it because I wasn't planning on going through the insurance and it was a solo, rider error accident so that could sky rocket my insurance rate if it has to go through them.

Mascott thanks for the link and when my mechanic sees it I can send him that link. I'm just uncertain if he does bodywork or not. If not I have to take it to Honda and I'm sure it will cost me a fair bit. A couple hundred I can afford but if we are talking thousands, I'm not going to be able to get it repaired unless the insurance does it.

Opalsboy, well my boyfriend has a spyder as he had a bad accident last year, and he made me go in the drivers seat after the accident. He says it is time for me to learn three wheels. I only took it around the crescent a couple of times without changing gears as I was still nervous about my accident. I will try it again in a parking lot with changing gears but I could never afford 3 wheels right now but once I get the bike fixed, if it should drop again and if the same type of damage happens I will seriously consider either going to 3 wheels or I'll go back to a motorcycle with a crash bar/engine guard. That is the one drawback about the swing that a bar can't be installed to protect the tupperware if it goes down.

I think it was Mascoot who said about us calling it tupperware....yes it is a shame that it doesn't have the same reaction when you drop a tupperware box. I think I'm going to start calling it all the "china" on the bike. I remember my mom not letting me carry the "china" dishes when I was younger. lol

Not sure if I missed replying to anyone on here, if so my apologies.
Again thanks for sharing your stories it really is helpful to me to hear them....well all except Laurie's.....God that price scares me! Sad
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 pm

"Experienced rider" does this means hundred of thousands of miles in all weathers? Ride everyday year around. First days of spring riding, maybe? Sad bike went down. Left lever was used as balancing aide? Rear comes on first and can be helpful in slow stuff.
Maybe target fixation problem and SilverWing is powerful and can put you in weeds quickly.

Get back on, really figure out how SilverWing works---linked braked/power----high speed braking----of course take refresher course---meantime try/practice feet up uturns on narrow streets, using rear brake as aide to keep you up---looking in direction you intend to end up. Gas/brake coordination required-gentle.

My take in US/N America many scooter riders are not very skilled and few take pride in their low speed skills-----little girls in Japan and old ladies in Italy can make scooters "talk"--amazing skills.

I ran motorcycles schools in Japan in the '70's so have some idea of basic skills. Little humor: as course was mandatory for all the students, everybody had to take and probably gained skills. For those who opposed strongly, usual being "I have ridden 40 years, laid my bike down, etc, etc." Me, OK, give me your key and then push your bike backwards thru this series of cones---Young/dirt riders/kids that had worked in bike shops=no problem. Mr Bigmouth with lots of undocumented experience, made about 2 cones and ended up on top of bike. My take, then, If you cannot push bike backwards with engine off, How can you be trusted on street? My course included 150 miles in Tokyo traffic----so students had to be doing the basics right to go on road.--Recent years as DOD Safety manager in Germany had to retrain already trained and licensed riders (with both US and German lic.) Gen BB Bell made order after his pilot got killed on zip bike.----Amazing how low the skills of the majority of legal registed riders was with MSF training.---my 2 German Instructors were everyday, fast riders who did track days, rode 130 mph on way to work---they had some trouble with some cruiser riders who couldn't safely ride out of parking lot at walking speeds.

Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:51 pm

john grinsel wrote:
"Experienced rider" does this means hundred of thousands of miles in all weathers? Ride everyday year around. First days of spring riding, maybe? Sad bike went down. Left lever was used as balancing aide? Rear comes on first and can be helpful in slow stuff.
Maybe target fixation problem and SilverWing is powerful and can put you in weeds quickly.

Get back on, really figure out how SilverWing works---linked braked/power----high speed braking----of course take refresher course---meantime try/practice feet up uturns on narrow streets, using rear brake as aide to keep you up---looking in direction you intend to end up. Gas/brake coordination required-gentle.

My take in US/N America many scooter riders are not very skilled and few take pride in their low speed skills-----little girls in Japan and old ladies in Italy can make scooters "talk"--amazing skills.

I ran motorcycles schools in Japan in the '70's so have some idea of basic skills. Little humor: as course was mandatory for all the students, everybody had to take and probably gained skills. For those who opposed strongly, usual being "I have ridden 40 years, laid my bike down, etc, etc." Me, OK, give me your key and then push your bike backwards thru this series of cones---Young/dirt riders/kids that had worked in bike shops=no problem. Mr Bigmouth with lots of undocumented experience, made about 2 cones and ended up on top of bike. My take, then, If you cannot push bike backwards with engine off, How can you be trusted on street? My course included 150 miles in Tokyo traffic----so students had to be doing the basics right to go on road.--Recent years as DOD Safety manager in Germany had to retrain already trained and licensed riders (with both US and German lic.) Gen BB Bell made order after his pilot got killed on zip bike.----Amazing how low the skills of the majority of legal registed riders was with MSF training.---my 2 German Instructors were everyday, fast riders who did track days, rode 130 mph on way to work---they had some trouble with some cruiser riders who couldn't safely ride out of parking lot at walking speeds.

So all your safety information, and motorcycle handling knowledge is at least 40 years outdated?
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:00 pm

No----2008 was working with on daily basis. have BSc Safety degree, ride daily, over 1.5 million bike miles, rode 1200 miles this past week. So I an current. What is the point? How many you rode this past week? For Tagg.
Back to top Go down
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:02 pm

Hi John,
I am actually registered for a ride like a pro course in June. I had signed up for this before the accident. It is geared towards slow manouvers, emergencing braking etc., and so it will be a good course to take. Unfortunately, just the timing was not soon enough for me.
As to my own experience. I started riding dirt bikes and mini bikes probably around the age 10. I rode my first 400 cc motorcycle at 16,(but not licenced) I'm 47 now. I have ridden in snow (not intentionally but it happened, hail, rain, even the start of a tornado so yes I am experienced. I have no idea how many kilometers or miles I have under my belt as I haven't kept track but I would say quite a bit but, I am certainly not an experienced Scooter rider....this is new to me. I have only had the bike since February. So for this bike I am inexperienced. I do agree that practicing the slow turns, etc will be good and I intend on doing that and I'm certain the ride like a pro course will be very helpful to me as well. Just wish it was here a little bit sooner. Smile
Back to top Go down
surlybiker58
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
surlybiker58

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Even though I've been riding since the early seventies, Experience has taught me not to overestimate my skill level . Every bike and scooter is different .
Each with a different feel and capabilities.
I am on a learning experience every time I get out and ride
Back to top Go down
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Surly biker, you are absolutely right. I think that is why they say when you get a new bike you shouldn't take on a passenger until you are comfortable with your new bike. Well said Surly!
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:34 pm

I agree---every ride is an experience and should be a learning one at that.

Think Ride like Pro would be good thing to take----from what I see, looking where you are going, trust tires, lean, close quarters moving.

Skillfully ridden scooter fun to watch. Somewhere out there is video out there of SilverWing (I think) being properly ridden in and out of cones. Notice brake light coming on and off. Japan?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:48 pm

Silverwing Slalom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NegpNBY7DIc
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 1:55 am

CSN, as others have said: Sorry to hear of your accident. I hope you are all right and get right up and ride on quickly.
Have you checked ebay Canada for body panels that might be reasonable in price? Here's the Silverwing stuff, just refine the search to only show body & frame.
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?rt=nc&_nkw=honda%20silverwing&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:57 am

Adding----what is really crime is these plastic scooters, cannot seem to take fall off stand even without large amounts of expensive damage.

In Korea, my Daelim had 360 degree, factory accessory pipe bar around bike. Could take tip over or hit with no plastic damage. Other bikes I have had that were same : Kawasaki Voyager, Harley Big Twins with front and rear crash bars, old BMW twins--cylinder hit pavement first.

Guess designers for US market don't ride.
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:17 am

Last year I pulled up to a gas pump and slipped on a puddle of oil, or maybe it was diesel fuel. On another occasion similar thing happened a few years ago when i stopped at a traffic light, so yes.
Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:13 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CSN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
CSN

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:13 am

Thanks for the links....still investigating.
Saw my mechanic briefly yesterday, he had a look and said I can ride it with the duct tape that I put on that I have secured it pretty good but of course I don't want to have to ride with a duct taped bike.
He can't just push the panels in as there is two cracks so he says the panels would have to be replaced. Sad He is looking into pricing and is going to send me an estimate but he did say that I should consider going through my insurance company as he feels this is going to be quite pricey. If this has to be done has to be done, my only fear is now that I know the damage it can cause, if it drops again with the same damage I pretty much would have to give it up. Insurance rates in Ontario are pretty high and I can't afford to have mine go up. I have never made a claim in the past so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. I'll keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 am

Would plastic welding be of any use ? We just had a home repair done on the rear 'bumper' of my wife's car. He welded it together and then sprayed it up. It looks just as good as new and was the right price, a fraction the cost of a new panel which still would have needed spraying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(   Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :( I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even an experienced rider can drop their bike :(
Page 1 of 1