Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Silverwing Rider

Go down 
+6
JeffR_
robert
Waspie
"Hi Yo"
honda_silver
DKRose
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DKRose
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DKRose

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-03-04

New Silverwing Rider  Empty
PostSubject: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 8:40 pm

I just bought my second motorcycle this being a 2003 Red Silverwing. The previous owner purchased it in 2004 and has only put 600 miles on it. Hoping to do some trips from Chico, Ca to Fort Bragg.

Being a student in College I was looking for more a chopper/cruiser type of bike, but as soon as a dear friend of mine offered me such a great price for this unused bike I had to snag it up. I am definitely not worried about the "cool factor" concerning the SilverWing. It's a great ride and I hope to keep learning from your guys posts (eventually want to put a hitch on mine for a small moto-trailer).

Happy riding everyone
Take Care,
D.K.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:02 pm

DKRose wrote:
Hoping to do some trips from Chico, Ca to Fort Bragg.

~2800 miles one way cheers

DKRose wrote:
(eventually want to put a hitch on mine for a small moto-trailer).

Check out DennisB trailer hitch.
Back to top Go down
DKRose
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DKRose

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:06 pm

Fort Bragg, California that is. I've been looking at that trailer hitch and will get the same one or something similar. I think I'm going to use the blueprint of the trailer to weld my own.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Silverwing Rider  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Dayum D.K., you just screwed up our whole demographics. Welcome to the site. The "cool factor" will increase when you beat 'em at the stoplights and the gas pump.
Back to top Go down
DKRose
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DKRose

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:05 am

HAHA. I also noticed the age demographics when I looked this forum up prior to purchasing the silverwing. I hope to learn from you more experienced riders. I'm not quite 60, but getting there ^_^. My own age group has already grilled me for owning this "Scooter." All the while I save money and ride the thirty miles to my college every morning ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am

Welcome DK, at least you have found the Silver Wing, (Biking in general,) at the right end of your life. Some of arrived late and regretted not having taken up riding earlier.

Enjoy the forum and don't worry about the ramblings of us oldies, I'm sure we can all learn from each other.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
robert
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
robert

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 am

Welcome D.K., ahh to be 19 again, my father went through training at Ft. Bragg, Ca. during WWII, enjoy your SWing and Ride Safe.

Robert
Back to top Go down
DKRose
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DKRose

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:22 am

robert wrote:
Welcome D.K., ahh to be 19 again, my father went through training at Ft. Bragg, Ca. during WWII, enjoy your SWing and Ride Safe.

Robert

Thanks Everyone For the welcomes.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 11:24 am

D.K.,

Welcome to the forum. There was a guy in Berkeley who was only 18 when he bought a Swing and really liked it. If you want a trailer hitch you should contact 'DennisB' on the forum. He makes some very high quality stuff for the SWing. If you are in college you may be able to park your SWing on sidewalks , since many colleges allow 'scooters' to park this way. It beats walking from a parking lot.
Back to top Go down
DKRose
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DKRose

PostSubject: REAR LUGGAGE CASE, GIVI?   New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Does anyone have recommandations for rear luggage case? I do not have a large budget for a case like this:
http://giviusa.com/cases-top-case/Monolock-/E470-SIMPLY-III

Although, I would love it. Also, are there cases like this monolock that provide a back rest for rear passenger as well? Let me know what your guys are riding with. I need some more room for books, helmet, backpack etc. while riding to School.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:29 pm

DKRose wrote:
Also, are there cases like this monolock that provide a back rest for rear passenger as well?

Are you looking for a separate (from the case) rear back rest or integrated rear back rest and case?
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 2:58 pm

dk,

Try this link. You can also go on ebay for this same trunk. I have one and I got the trunk and rack for about $80. I have had it almost 5 years and it is still good. Not the quality of Givi but costs much, much less:

http://www.bestemusa.com/T-Box-Trunks_c_891.html
Back to top Go down
DKRose
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
DKRose

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 5:04 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bestem-Scooter-T-box-Top-Box-Case-Backrest-Trunk-RED-/110731505260?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c81cae6c&vxp=mtr#ht_1720wt_665

Have you had experience with this one? Or should I just save up for GIVI box in your opinion? Thanks Jeff
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 7:59 pm

I have the bestem box and rack but it is the black one and not the ones listed. I have had mine almost 5 years and it is still going good. The givi rack costs more than the bestem case and rack. I would go with the bestem if you want to save money.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:37 am

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Welcome DK

Thanks for joining! JC Whitney also has a good top case, I have the medium and the XL. Ride safe
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 am

IIRC, John Grinsel of this parish posted in other threads that he's bought and fitted plastic tool-boxes to use as topboxes.
I doubt there's one which will hold a helmet but books and stuff would fit in very nicely.
It wouldn't be too difficult to fabricate a backrest pad for it, either.

Back to top Go down
dikkiedo
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:46 am

welcome to the forum glad to see your enjoying your new bike. i agree with you on the cool factor after all cool is a state of mind i believe i am cool therefore i am cool. i love it when i have a big cruiser roll up at a stop light and trys to leave me standing, the look on their face when they get to the next light is priceless. so keep riding and having fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing Rider    New Silverwing Rider  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Silverwing Rider
Page 1 of 1