Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 9:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 7:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 7:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:56 am

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from the mile High City

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Aphrodite
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Aphrodite

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-20

Hello from the mile High City Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the mile High City   Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 am

Hello I am not new to riding, but am new to a dressed out bikes and love this oldie I got and figured I would seek out similar looked to the Goldwing groups but they seems to be in another class altogether. I ride year round and always love it now to get used to luggage and windscreens Smile

But want to give a shout oout to say Hi to all

Mine is a 1982 GL500 Interstate
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile High City   Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:13 am

Hello, Someone is going to come along sooner or later and say this is a forum dedicated to the FSC/FJS Silver Wing scooter not the GL500 motorcycle. However another member with a GL500 joined a couple of weeks ago. So if you look in the Indroductions you'll find him there, he's a guy called Bruce, he's also in his 30's and lives in Maine.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Aphrodite

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile High City   Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:29 am

yeah I noticed about the newer Silverwing after registering, but I am not all that dedicated to this and still see lots of good ideas on other bikes not to mention all has to do with the open ride of the motor cycle so all that matters to me, let them flame the Silverwing you guys ride today all started with the GL series in 1978 Smile at least in the name.

I also have rode/owned a 2008 YZF R1, 1988 Gen 1 GPZ 500, 2008 Gen 2 EX 500 R Ninja, 1978 DT 175, 1976 KE 100, 1982 CB 650, 1985 CE 400, 1978 PA 50, and now 1982 GL 500 Interstate, I like bikes, and so many call mine a scooter when to me the PA 50. To me the one I owned (PA 50) was a scooter not the bikes in this forum or my bike Smile
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile High City   Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello:
Welcome. It is nice to see another rider from the Denver area. I live in Littleton and work in Golden. I have the scooter version of the Silverwing (a 2009) and use it as my daily commuter. You will see that this site is frequented by a good group of riders with a lot of experience riding all sorts of bikes. Most of us have elected to ride the new version Silverwing for a variety of reasons, but many have more than one bike and everyone seems to have a great appreciation for the older bikes like yours.

Last edited by The Scootist on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile High City   Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:52 pm

The Scootist wrote:
everyone seems to have a great appreciation for the older bikes like yours.

+1. :not worthy:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from the mile High City 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile High City   Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:39 am

welcome Howdy and welcome. That's a good looking bike. I f you can, post some more pictures in the album section. welcome
Back to top Go down
Aphrodite
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Aphrodite

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile High City   Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 5:37 am

Awe TY nice to meet all, I will get more pics as I go and a few mods as I go but only thing this bike has had done to it is normal maintenance and a K&N filter installed and a custom seat. I am proud to say this bike being 30 years old has never been dropped ever, so 1 up there on it's behalf, so next thing to happen will be paint one day maybe, due to up close lots of disrespect marks on if from living in a parking lot most of its life, including a broken off right mirror. Just recently replaced its front brake master cylinder due to sun rot on the factory plastic one with an aluminum one from a Kawasaki Ninja I had from my other bikes I never installed luckily it was dual caliper too. anyway nuff said on that. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the mile High City   Hello from the mile High City I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the mile High City
Page 1 of 1