Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Another Silverwing in London

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Another Silverwing in London Empty
PostSubject: Another Silverwing in London   Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 am

Hello everybody,

I thought it was about time that I introduced myself after lurking here for a few months now.

I am a 'born again biker'. I caught the bug again while on holidays in Spain where I hired a 125cc scooter for a week which was great fun. I just needed an excuse to get one for myself Wink

After searching and reading loads on the net. I checked out various bikes and scooters homing in on the likes of the Suzuki Burgman 400/650, Yamaha T-Max and X-Max, Piaggio X7 and X9, when I came across the Honda Silverwing and this forum it became my must have.

When I grew up in Ireland you could drive anything you wanted on a provisional from 18 years old! I really wanted something bigger than a 125cc and set about getting my full motorcycle licence.

To obtain a full licence seems rather complicated in the UK and its changing next year (2013). I competed the following: Compulsory Basic Training (CBT), Motorcycle Theory Test, then took the Direct Access Scheme (DAS) which has two parts Module 1 (basically slow handling around cones, slalom, figure 8, u-turn, emergency braking, the much feared swerve), Module 2 is where you are followed by the examiner around various roads and junctions where he assesses your ability. It cost a small fortune (£650) but was enjoyable and I got to drive a CG125, CB500 and CBT500. I’m glad to say that I passed all the parts two weeks ago bounce

I actually bought my Silverwing early December as an xmas present (that was a good enough excuse for me) which was a constant inspiration to pass the tests. Its a silver 2009 model with the following extras, Givi tall screen, Givi v46 top box and Honda heat grips.

Since I've passed I’ve been driving it as often as I can while the weather has been reasonable to gain more road experience. If you see someone gingerly tip toeing through some traffic around west London on a Silverwing its more than likely me, give me a friendly toot as you ride by Rolling Eyes

Nobody seems to nod to each other anymore!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Another Silverwing in London   Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 am

Welcome RArch, good choice of bike and good choice of forum.

As for nodding, some do some don't. In general, Harley riders don't, rice rocket riders don't, those with L plates on generally don't. The rest!!!!

All I can say is I do, or it may be a product of an affliction I have!!! (Riding my 'Wing.' Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Another Silverwing in London 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Silverwing in London   Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:12 pm

welcome Congratulations on getting your S' Wing and a ticket to ride! I wave, I nod, and sometimes I toot. I knew better than to put beans in the chili.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Silverwing in London   Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Silverwing in London
Page 1 of 1