Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also GIVE US THE COURTESY of introducing yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Attempted my first ever day trip on a FJS4002
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 9:35 am

» Finally hit 10k
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby ultralight Today at 9:11 am

» Fly and Ride
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby EvilTwin Today at 9:08 am

» Missing parts on oil change
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby glenrush Today at 8:13 am

» New guy - help with part number
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Yesterday at 6:45 am

» Blue Ridge Parkway?
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby john grinsel Yesterday at 6:40 am

» That doesn't look right - clutch wear
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:15 pm

» Dash Panel Seperation
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:09 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:42 pm

» PA. Bucket List.
Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeby bikehiker Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:12 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Another Silverwing in London

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RArch
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
RArch

Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2011-11-07

Another Silverwing in London Empty
PostSubject: Another Silverwing in London   Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 am

Hello everybody,

I thought it was about time that I introduced myself after lurking here for a few months now.

I am a 'born again biker'. I caught the bug again while on holidays in Spain where I hired a 125cc scooter for a week which was great fun. I just needed an excuse to get one for myself Wink

After searching and reading loads on the net. I checked out various bikes and scooters homing in on the likes of the Suzuki Burgman 400/650, Yamaha T-Max and X-Max, Piaggio X7 and X9, when I came across the Honda Silverwing and this forum it became my must have.

When I grew up in Ireland you could drive anything you wanted on a provisional from 18 years old! I really wanted something bigger than a 125cc and set about getting my full motorcycle licence.

To obtain a full licence seems rather complicated in the UK and its changing next year (2013). I competed the following: Compulsory Basic Training (CBT), Motorcycle Theory Test, then took the Direct Access Scheme (DAS) which has two parts Module 1 (basically slow handling around cones, slalom, figure 8, u-turn, emergency braking, the much feared swerve), Module 2 is where you are followed by the examiner around various roads and junctions where he assesses your ability. It cost a small fortune (£650) but was enjoyable and I got to drive a CG125, CB500 and CBT500. I’m glad to say that I passed all the parts two weeks ago bounce

I actually bought my Silverwing early December as an xmas present (that was a good enough excuse for me) which was a constant inspiration to pass the tests. Its a silver 2009 model with the following extras, Givi tall screen, Givi v46 top box and Honda heat grips.

Since I've passed I’ve been driving it as often as I can while the weather has been reasonable to gain more road experience. If you see someone gingerly tip toeing through some traffic around west London on a Silverwing its more than likely me, give me a friendly toot as you ride by Rolling Eyes

Nobody seems to nod to each other anymore!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcmodeltalk.co.uk
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Another Silverwing in London   Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 am

Welcome RArch, good choice of bike and good choice of forum.

As for nodding, some do some don't. In general, Harley riders don't, rice rocket riders don't, those with L plates on generally don't. The rest!!!!

All I can say is I do, or it may be a product of an affliction I have!!! (Riding my 'Wing.' Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Another Silverwing in London 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Another Silverwing in London   Another Silverwing in London I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:12 pm

welcome Congratulations on getting your S' Wing and a ticket to ride! I wave, I nod, and sometimes I toot. I knew better than to put beans in the chili.
Back to top Go down

Another Silverwing in London
Page 1 of 1