Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Forum appearance and organization will be changing.

Go down 
+14
wis-rider
DickO
tarmacburner2
Opalsboy
KurtPerthWA
Waspie
Meldrew
DennisB
Windrider
bigbird
GaryL
joncallihan
"Hi Yo"
honda_silver
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:31 am

First topic message reminder :

Hopefully around the weekend of Dec 17th, we will be changing the categories hierarchy to display only the first level. To see the forums, you will click on specific category.

The number of top categories will be shortened by moving under a category and some new categories will be created ... for example "Integra" and "SWT400/SWT600".

We may make the changes over several days ... so we can check and test the look an feel.

This thread can be used to discuss any questions.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:26 pm

OK you go my vote. Silverwing it is. cheers cheers motorcycle
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 8:41 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:01 pm

2c time. When JeffR asked for someone to take over the forum, how many stepped up? When HondaSilver said there would be changes, how many stepped up? It's so easy to throw stones rather than using the stones to build. I like the cleaner look. I am not qualified to run the site, so I am not ready to stage a coup. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it. I don't think Bill or the moderators are taking these comments as anything but constructive criticism. It was stated when the changes were started that there would be adjustments. Just some random opinions and not worth 2 cents. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:56 am

tinman wrote:
You could be right.I have a MacBook Pro and I have screwy fingers .I am new to the Mac. I am so confuse. affraid Rage

Snap with the Mac Book Pro but I'm not new to Mac!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 7:02 am

Look, this is not a whine about leadership it about the look of our beloved site. A few of us don't like it - that doesn't mean a rebellion.

My line is simple. This started as a excellent Honda Silver Wing 600 Forum.

I would simply like it to remain focused solely on the Silver Wing 600. End of story for me.

JeffR, Bill and the rest of the Mods to an excellent job. I see the change to add other models a retrograde step backwards - but their decision.

No more talk of 'coups' or otherwise. If you don't like the site - set your own up.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:11 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:16 am

We have a saying over here, 'don't talk about it - do it.'
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:21 am

x

Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:28 am

bigbird wrote:
Waspie wrote:
We have a saying over here, 'don't talk about it - do it.'

You in?

Nope.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 am

Might I point out that this site was created for essentially the same reason?
That JeffR felt there was room for another Silverwing site then .org with a different feel to it. Jeff's board was running for well over a year before there was a mass migration to it, triggered by the .org site owner.

If another site springs up, likely most members here will begin to subscribe to both. Its not an either/or concept. More like brother sites.

Such is the cycle of the internet, grasshoppah.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 9:53 am

Waspie wrote:
I would simply like it to remain focused solely on the Silver Wing 600.

I have move both Honda Integra and Honda SWT400/SWT600 categories under "Other Scooters".

Which still allows us to keep the discussions and topics to the models in a specific place, not intermixed in the Silverwing category.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:27 am

honda_silver wrote:
Waspie wrote:
I would simply like it to remain focused solely on the Silver Wing 600.

I have move both Honda Integra and Honda SWT400/SWT600 categories under "Other Scooters".

Which still allows us to keep the discussions and topics to the models in a specific place, not intermixed in the Silverwing category.

Thank you Bill, now that is a solution that appeals to me. Thank you, sincerely.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:29 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Amen... +2
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:52 am

I see "EDITING" Some of my replies are cut off-----is this about riding/fixing or power? I have the right to not care about the south, dirty bathrooms, bad drivers, poor fast food---Computer geeks play on computers, riders ride.
Back to top Go down
The Scootist
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
The Scootist

Number of posts : 693
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:01 pm

John:
You absolutely have the right to your opinion about anything in the world. In fact everyone has that right. For the most part I enjoy reading your postings. You provide insights based on a long history of riding a wide variety of bikes. Please do not take offense, but if your postings have been edited, then it is possible that the manner in which you expressed yourself came across as a bit insensitive, or even rude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum appearance and organization will be changing.   Forum appearance and organization will be changing. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum appearance and organization will be changing.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2