Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Swing Toolkit
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 3:51 am

» Swing accesories
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Today at 12:48 am

» new belt on
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby Easyrider Today at 12:18 am

» Mystery wires under front cover
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby Cosmic_Jumper Yesterday at 6:46 pm

» Nile virus
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby Old Limey Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» Hello from Nevada
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:30 am

» Sold the Silverwing.
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby JamieB Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:22 pm

» Newbie from South Africa
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby FrancoisJ Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:20 am

» Just joined
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm

» Bank Robery
Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:25 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Christmas gifts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2454
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Christmas gifts Empty
PostSubject: Christmas gifts   Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 10:06 pm

I was blessed this Christmas with some very useful gear for my SWing

Powerlet heated gear

1) Proform Heated Jacket Liner
2) Dual Temperature Controller with both a battery lead
3) Dual Temperature Controller Pouch.
4) Powerlet plug (PPC-005)

I will have to exchange the Profrom Heated Jacket Liner for a larger size ... they run VERY small for their size. Since I am going to exchange for a larger size I did not connect and test ... plus it was 78 degrees today.
I will provide a writeup after the exchange and proper COLD day testing pale

Purchased from http://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/Powerlet_Heated_Clothing_Group_Buy_Package_B_p/10620.htm
Additional information: http://www.powerletproducts.com/shop-by-product/heated-clothing/HEATCLTHNG

I also received a Fenix L2D-Q5 LED ( http://www.fenixlight.com/viewproduct.asp?id=44 ) flashlight ... VERY BRIGHT. My son was very knowledgeable about the flashlight, evidently it is a rated #2 for all flashlights in the 3-5 watt flashlights. It also has 6 light settings, including a strobe light that I tested tonight while walking our dog. The cars immediately noticed the strobe, it looks like a white police light flashing ... which will be very handy if I ever need to get anyone's attention at night on the SWing.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Christmas gifts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts   Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:19 am

Sounds like you had a good Christmas. I got a Givi windshield and installed it today. I removed my Clearview and went on 2 short rides and so far it is nice. I like the way the Givi is much stronger and doesn't flex anywhere near as much as the Clearview. It also keeps more wind off my head too.

Ride safe,

JeffR
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2454
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Christmas gifts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts   Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:28 am

JeffR wrote:
I like the way the Givi is much stronger and doesn't flex anywhere near as much as the Clearview

I have the Clearview with vent and have not seen the flex that some people have described. I wonder if your Clearview was a manufacturing defect as someone else has found when they contacted Clearview.

It would be interesting if you contacted Clearview also and find the same.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2577
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Christmas gifts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts   Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 12:50 am

I probably should contact them since it really flexes at high speed. If I'm going 90-100mph indicated sometimes it is almost below my chin and only inches from my face. The Givi is much further from my face and stays upright. I did feel a very small amount of backpressure on my helmet/back but not much at all. I have been going fast with a strong headwind and have had the feeling that it may just snap off sometimes. So I back off.

Ride safe,

JeffR
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

Christmas gifts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts   Christmas gifts I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 4:30 pm

Boy Santa was good to you santa I got an IOU for a GPS for the new bike I will pick up in March. I'm already making my list for next year...LOL
Back to top Go down

Christmas gifts
Page 1 of 1