Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Leg deflectors for new SWT600

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mrsimon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mrsimon

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-11-02

Leg deflectors for new SWT600   Empty
PostSubject: Leg deflectors for new SWT600    Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi,
I had them on my old sw400 were great, but I see that Honda don't have any in their catalogue for the SWT. I haven't been able to find any even on after market sites, which surprises me as the SWT400 has been out a couple of years already.

Any ideas? Laughing
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.triumphcat.com
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Leg deflectors for new SWT600    Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:36 pm

The SW-T 400 or 600 aren't available to those of us in the UK, US, or Canada, but are for sale in Ireland and mainland Europe. Even the Honda leg deflectors for the original Silver Wing are generally considered too expensive to import from the UK to the US.
Back to top Go down
mrsimon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mrsimon

PostSubject: Re: Leg deflectors for new SWT600    Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 5:57 pm

That's strange! Is it a problem of low demand? I wouldn't have thought that Ireland would've been a better market, and the tax on bikes is sky high.

So de facto the model is no longer available in the US or UK, right?

I feel like I shouldn't be complaining about leg deflectors now!! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Leg deflectors for new SWT600    Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 6:39 pm

No mate, 99% of us currently ride the FJS or FES model Silver Wing, not the SW-T version you have. I bought my SW new a year ago here in the UK and it's a FJS. Honda UK probably won't import the SW-T model next year either.

Regarding leg deflectors for your model, I looked at the Honda Deutschland website and had no luck there.
Back to top Go down
mrsimon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mrsimon

PostSubject: Re: Leg deflectors for new SWT600    Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:48 pm

On the Spanish site, there's a member who trolled the Japanese site and found nothing either. Thanks anyway. I'm beginning to feel that there really aren't any leg deflectors for this model. Still don't know why really.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: leg deflectors   Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I am happy with my second pair. The first (both bought on eBay) were a cheep plastic that I disliked very much because there was a very visible sharp bend at the point were it starts to turn upwards towards the glove compartments. I believe it was made from the same material as used in trimming a lawn or around a tree.
The second set was made of a much thicker rubber and it does a great job cutting the wind. Not only does it cut the wind, but the other day I made a (darn it) while trying to get the bike up on the rear stand to put air in the tires, all a sudden, the bike slowly fell on its side.
Some one came running to my aid saying he had a scooter also but not nearly as big or beautiful as mine.
The point is, when I picked up the bike, the only thing that was scratched was the end bar and nothing else thanks to the thick rubber wind deflectors.
If I was not working 6 day a week I would look for a place to have these made in the USA. and make a little extra money. Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Leg deflectors for new SWT600    Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:42 pm

johnd wrote:
I am happy with my second pair. The first (both bought on eBay) were a cheep plastic that I disliked very much ....The second set was made of a much thicker rubber and it does a great job cutting the wind.
Can you tell us where you got both the first and the second sets from? Don't worry about name dropping as I'm sure many here who are looking for these and would love to know which ones to avoid wasting time looking at.
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 543
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Leg deflectors   Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:20 pm

I am sorry, but both places are gone. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leg deflectors for new SWT600    Leg deflectors for new SWT600   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leg deflectors for new SWT600
Page 1 of 1