Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 3:07 pm

» Hi there guys
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 1:20 pm

» Final Drive Noise banished
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 1:14 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:35 am

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:58 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Soon to trike

Go down 
+6
honda_silver
model28a
roadrunner
Opalsboy
jdeereanton
IrishRob
10 posters
AuthorMessage
IrishRob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:03 pm

Hello to the group. I just purchased a 2006 ABS model for my wife and I will be triking the unit with a kit from Trinity Trikes down in Florida. We will then be a two trike family as I usually drive a 1500 Goldwing trike. I will be looking for a rear wheel to cut the hub out and send to Bob Witte. So if you have an extra or a bent rim that still has a good hub contact me. Looking forward to getting good info from this forum.

Rob
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Hellow IrishRob,

Welcome to the Forum - Enjoy the ride.

Best wishes with your trike conversion.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 5:28 am

Rob, great to have you here. I look forward to hearing about your Trinity Trike Kit experience. You are going to really be happy with it in the end. I triked out my 05 earlier this year. I am available if you need any help with the installation.
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:00 pm

IrishRob,

I have a spare wheel. Sent you a PM this morning.
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:03 am

Now that IrishRob has gotten an answer. I also am in need of a rear wheel as I am also planing on putting a Trinity Trike kit on my Wing. So if anyone else has a rear wheel they want to get rid of let me know.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 4:29 am

I will start a POLL once I have a complete list of Trikes

1) Trininty
2) Danson
3) Voyager
4) Just Trike It
5) Tow Pac

Can anyone think of any other trike conversion kits for the poll?
Back to top Go down
colin198
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-22

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Just got my 2009 wing converted to a trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:17 pm

I have just got my 2009 wing converted to a classic voyager trike. It is hard to get used to on curbs an corners. So far so good.I hope with practice it will get easier to ride.
Also are there any groups located near Kissimmee or Winter Haven Florida? Question
Back to top Go down
IrishRob
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-11-01

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I appreciate that Roadrunner/Bill offered up his spare wheel. Just to let you know I found one locally and it is on its way south...so Model28A/Roger check with Roadrunner. I also have a few leads on others but some of the folks seem to think they are made of gold.

Good to be here.

Rob
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2011-11-29

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 2:48 am

I just received My Trigg trike today ,for training wheel ,she sure look's nice .I especially Like the narrow stance this kit has,48" fender to fender ,the wide tire brings it to 49 + . All the other kits comes at 55" up to 60 ,all the way to 64" witch I believe the tow pac. Tomorrow I will do the installation. Tonight I will read the instructions a few times . Expecting snow tomorrow so it will keep me busy. I will post more info and pics late.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 1:43 am

Finished installing my trigg trike . It took me about 6 hr to do .Today I took my first 140 kl ride and the ride was great . Cross wind is a lot more stable and riding in curves went well at the speed limit and riding in town was a breeze ,and was surprise how short a radius it take's to turn. I put some photos on my album along with the 140 70 14 front tire that replace's the 120 80 14 stock tire .
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:05 am

Wow, you were able to install it all in 1 day. That is pretty cool. I will go look at your photo's. Congrats
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Soon to trike 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 3:02 am

applause applause Looks good. applause applause
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 3:57 am

The trigg trike comes all assembled ,All I had to to was installed the belly bracket assembly and the torsion bar connection on the rear shock mounts .After that you need tweak and aline everything to the centre of the rear swing wheel . Once the alinement is true,the trike can be removed and installed without loosing the alinement.Someone that don't have shoulder and knee problems like I have can do the installation in half the time that it took me to do.I will continue checking making sure that everything stays tight. So far I don't plan on going back to 2 wheels riding giving my knees a break.
Back to top Go down
tinman
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 2:45 am

After putting 500 kl on my trigg , I can safely say that this kit will be a permanent installation on my swing . The way it handles in traffic with a 48" wide stance you don't realize your on a trike .On the HWY in cross winds you don't get pushed around like before, she is still faster taking off the 1100Vstar's my buddies ride . teen agers called it a sick ride ( cool) , and a couple ho was looking to get a spider will be looking into a swing to trike at 1/2 the cost of the spider. Im getting 57 mpg and I am OK with that,It will improve in warmer weather. chickendance motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soon to trike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to trike   Soon to trike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soon to trike
Page 1 of 1