Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Picked up new to me SW today

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ulflyer
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ulflyer

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2011-10-27

Picked up new to me SW today Empty
PostSubject: Picked up new to me SW today   Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Its a box stock titanium 05 that I bought from a guy 80 miles away. I think I mentioned before it only had 2200 miles on it.

Picked up at noon, rode home with couple pit stops (too much coffee), cleaned it up thoroughly, changed oil & filter (piece of cake) & rear gear (oh what fun that was!).
Then took it back outside to clean....again....the underside engine and eng guard where the oil runs all over.

Checked air...about 15 lbs in both...brought front up to 30, rear to 35. What are you guys running? I'm thinking rear should be about 37-38?

Couple more items to check tomorrow and I'll be done for now till the GIVI W/S gets here and the leg guards.

Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: Picked up new to me SW today   Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:44 pm

ulflyer,

Congrats on your new SWing. Sounds like you are doing the right maintenance to it and hope all goes well. I run 32psi in front and about 38 psi's in back. It is a couple above what Honda says but I think that is one reason I get about 10,000 miles on my tires and I could go further but I hate flat tires so I change them out quicker.

I have the Metzlers, but also did the same air psi's in both Diablo's and the OEM Hoops. I know others here are "by the book only" but just do what you think is comfortable.

I would check the air filter too when you get a chance. It seems when I forgot to check mine I notice the mpg's go down. Let us know what you think after a few days of riding. I know I still love mine after having many mc's and the Reflex and Majesty.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Picked up new to me SW today   Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:25 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Picked up new to me SW today   Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:59 am

6 year old bike. First get Honda Service manual----change all fluids, including brake fluid. I would do additional oil change and filter after to few miles that might be there after a lot of sitting.

Throw the tires out----start with fresh. Check battery to make sure stock and installed correctly.

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picked up new to me SW today   Picked up new to me SW today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picked up new to me SW today
Page 1 of 1