Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Yesterday at 10:13 pm

» Mileage on a full tank?
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby Mottza Yesterday at 5:58 pm

» Classic! A blast from the past.
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Yesterday at 4:49 pm

» Well, it's different !!
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:10 pm

» Silver Wing Miles (a Poll)
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby Bcook01 Yesterday at 8:37 am

» DIY Variator holding tool
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:20 pm

» drive belt replacement
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:01 pm

» Swing windscreen
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:34 pm

» Hello from Denmark
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby Dutch SilverWing Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:50 pm

» Introducing myself
Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Interesting read on bike sales worldwide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

Interesting read on bike sales worldwide Empty
PostSubject: Interesting read on bike sales worldwide   Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Scooter sales are up 28.9 % in the U.S.! If this kind of growth keeps up, look for a lot of new development in the future!

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/statistics/motorcycle-sales-statistics.htm
Back to top Go down
johnd
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read on bike sales worldwide   Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:51 am

Unfortunately around here in Santa Barbara Ca. most of the scooters are the Chinese knock offs that are cheep and only last a few months to a few years. And always have problems along the way. Case in point. my next door neighbors bought two new scooters last year. One is down stars and it will not start. The second is starting to rust so badly that in a year it will be so pitted. it will be un-repairable.

Back to top Go down
cjuzda
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read on bike sales worldwide   Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 am

Would be interested to see the stats broken down by displacement. Most of the new scooters around Toronto are very small - 50 -100 cc's. They are strictly city use and I don't see them eroding motorcycle sales. ie. this is almost an entirely new market, not an expansion of an existing market. Regardless, it's nice to see more peopl getting out on 2 wheels

Chris
Back to top Go down
andyman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Interesting read on bike sales worldwide   Interesting read on bike sales worldwide I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:32 am

a 28% increase of a market that is 10% the size of the motorcycle sales isn't significant yet. Once the total scooter sales approaches the total motorcycle sales, you'll see the US scooter consumer being able to have some pull with manufacturers. Until then, our market (voice) is so small to them that they'll focus on the needs of larger markets.
Back to top Go down

Interesting read on bike sales worldwide
Page 1 of 1