Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? Empty
PostSubject: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:56 am

I would love the chance to try the Dr. Pulley sliders without having to plunk down $60+ for them first. I know several people must have extra sets in different weights that they aren't using. If you would be willing to send them to me I can reimburse you for shipping (via paypal). After I give them a try for a week or 2 I can send them back or perhaps make an offer to buy them.

Thanks,
Jesse in Atlanta
toolboxjesse@yahoo.com
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:05 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:00 am

bigbird wrote:
I would try the clutch but I need the puller first.
I purchased a lot of the Honda specialized tools (not all) ... I believe I have the puller.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:50 am

x

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:08 pm

I would love to find those tools too. I once tried ordering them from Service Honda (they came up in a search) but they told me they weren't available. I really want the clutch spring compressor, especially if it works with the Reflex as well.

Jesse in Atlanta
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:16 pm

x

Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:44 pm

Are you sure they can actually fulfill the order? I can find these parts on other web retailers but at least S.H. wouldn't fulfill it.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:53 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 pm

bigbird wrote:
I got these tool part #'s (USA only) from the service manual for clutch work.
The Universal Holder is 07AMB-MCTA100
The clutch outer puller is 07ZMC-MCTA100
The clutch spring compressor is 07ZME-MCTA100
Any idea where you bought any or all of those?

I was notified via email that Ron Ayers ( http://www.ronayers.com ) was running a special at the time which was 25% off the discounted price. No one else even came close to the price ( with the discount ).
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:35 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:38 pm

You guys will think I'm crazy. That's okay. Laughing

I use an inexpensive electric impact wrench to remove the nut from the variator and clutch. An electric impact wrench doesn't have nearly the torque that one working off of compressed air has...but it has enough to do the job. On reassembly, I use a socket wrench to turn the variator through a few compression cycles to ensure the belt is positioned correctly and not pinched, then I use the electric impact wrench to tighten it down.

Harbor Freight sells some extensions for impact wrenches that act like a torque wrench. Many of us simply use a little common sense and tighten the nut, but not over tighten it. The torque on a Burgman 400 is @ 75 ft lbs, which is a fair amount of torque. I will simply tighten the nut with the impact wrench, then give it a couple more quick hits with the impact wrench to make sure the nut is not moving.

As far as a spring compressor goes...I use my feet. Yes...go ahead and laugh. I watched a guy do this on YouTube with his young son watching. He sat on a stool and pressed down on the clutch with his feet. (The clutch was on the garage floor.) There's some spring pressure, but it isn't like the amount is such that the clutch will go flying across the room.

Just be careful and think through what you're doing and you can skip the special tools.

On the other hand, I can understand people who want to do it such that they can actually measure the torque. In which case, you need some of those tools. (But you can probably do without the spring compressor!)

Chris
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:30 pm

x

Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 12:06 am

This is a problem with not having a Silverwing. Sorry...just trying to offer a suggestion that might help.

The variator and clutch both fit on a spline on a Burgman. However, both pull right off. No puller is needed.

I looked up the part numbers online. I saw some pictures, but they don't give much indication on how they work or if there's any workarounds.

Again, just trying to help. Embarassed

Chris
Back to top Go down
toolboxjesse
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
toolboxjesse

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 8:56 am

I think this went kinda off topic which is OK, but I guess nobody has a set of Dr. Pulley sliders to lend me?

Thanks,
Jesse
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?   Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Willing to loan me your extra Dr. Pulley sliders?
Page 1 of 1