Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Hi, Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also introduce yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun. There is www.maxi-scoots.com site that is geared for all scooters and motorcycles.

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby oldwingguy Today at 10:13 pm

» Mileage on a full tank?
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby Mottza Today at 5:58 pm

» Classic! A blast from the past.
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Today at 4:49 pm

» Well, it's different !!
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 4:10 pm

» Silver Wing Miles (a Poll)
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby Bcook01 Today at 8:37 am

» DIY Variator holding tool
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby dmosemorris Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» drive belt replacement
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» Swing windscreen
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:34 pm

» Hello from Denmark
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby Dutch SilverWing Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:50 pm

» Introducing myself
April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeby sonuvabug Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:26 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

April showers bring May flowers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

April showers bring May flowers Empty
PostSubject: April showers bring May flowers   April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:40 am

Gosh I've had my new Silverwing only a week and I have a thousand miles on it already....

OK OK ~ April Fools! I just passed 100
:lol!:
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2578
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: April showers bring May flowers   April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 11:56 am

Coralee,

As i was reading I was thinking "Wow" thats alot. The SWing sure is smooth isn't it. Like you I had a 250cc scooter (Reflex) and the SWing seems to be a great bike. Hopefully you are able to ride now and that some good riding weather is just around the corner.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: April showers bring May flowers   April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 5:23 pm

I rode some this afternoon, it sure holds the road better in the wind. It corners really well and is so comfortable. On the Helix I would be on a country road and I would be going 40-45, with the Silverwing I look down and I'm going 50-55 and it feels so smooth. It will still take awhile to get used to the weight when I stop. Filled up for the first time today also. I'm anxious to see what my mileage is after a few fill ups. So thankful spring is here!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: April showers bring May flowers   April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Glad to see that you are finally able to ride your new swing . Just knowing I had one & not able to ride would drive me bonkers. Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: April showers bring May flowers   April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:29 pm

Congratz on your new SWing. I got my '02 SWing 2 weeks ago and have only been able to put about 65 miles on mine due to weather constraints. It's been great so far though. Wonderful Bike, I know you'll enjoy it. :D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: April showers bring May flowers   April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 9:59 am

Took my first long ride yesterday. :D I rode to Springfield to Competition Accessories and checked on some new boots. It was about 170 round trip. The bike rode like a dream. It just went down the highway so easy. I kept looking down and was doing 60 and had to keep slowing up...that's a big change from the Helix. Each time I am on the bike I am more comfortable. The new boots gave me about a half inch but still not enough. Oh well it is enough to feel in control. Inch by inch. Looking forward to this season!!!
I was even tempted to get on the freeway but because of the wind decided not to. I've never been on the Interstate...that will come I think in time.
Back to top Go down
mr fish
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
mr fish

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: April showers bring May flowers   April showers bring May flowers I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:50 am

The weathers picking up a bit over here too did about 300miles this week and have to say now im adjusting to the swing im enjoying it a lot ,especially playing with guys that cant ride their sports bikes :mallet: , wallows a bit at speed but when ridden smooth its a joy

john
Back to top Go down

April showers bring May flowers
Page 1 of 1