Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» What were they thinking?
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby Marvincon Today at 4:49 am

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 8:05 pm

» Earth cable stress
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Happy St. Patricks Day!
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 5:11 pm

» Hello from Ontario, Canada
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby PerryH Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:05 pm

» LED Headlights
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:52 am

» Cylinder Head Replacement
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby 95konig Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:50 pm

» Cooling fan still running
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby Terry Smith Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:18 pm

» March 2024 Forum Picture
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:38 pm

» Hyperpro Fork Springs
Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeby Mech 1 twa Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Heat wave in CANADA????

Go down 
+12
PHXScooterBill
RickV
KurtPerthWA
honda_silver
Daboo
Waspie
"Hi Yo"
jobo2mi
bob wells
Meldrew
bigbird
Opalsboy
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Heat wave in CANADA???? Empty
PostSubject: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:27 pm

Bigbird said:
"It's just too damn hot and humid here right now to even ride during the day. I'm a firm believer in all the gear all the time and I won't ride if it's oppressively uncomfortable."

Weather for Winnipeg, MB, Canada
81°F
Partly Cloudy
Wind: SW at 2 mph
Humidity: 54%

Hi and Lo for next 4 days

Mon Tue Wed Thu

92° 71° 97° 78° 88° 65° 83° 64°

Compare to Oklahoma City

Weather for Oklahoma City, OK
90°F Sunny
Wind: S at 7 mph
Humidity: 54%

Mon Tue Wed Thu

103° 77° 102° 78° 102° 79° 101° 79°

Wow you sure don't need to bring your gear to Oklahoma City for a while.

"In Oklahoma there's no place to hide - Oklahoma City temperatures have been 90 degrees or more for 47 straight days, topping a hundred nearly every day this month. With triple-digit heat possible through September, the city is on pace to break its record for such days (50, set in 1980)."
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Our normal temps are 82F for this time of year with less than 50% humidity. If you're implying I shouldn't bitch because it's hotter in Oklahoma, I could care less what it is in Oklahoma, or Baghdad for that matter. It's hot, I'm uncomfortable, and it is what it is.

It's like a regular midwinter day here with a normal high of 0F and a low of -15F. That's our normal. You southern guys would shut everything down at those temps and we'd laugh at you.
It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:10 pm

Wow BigBird... no, I wasn't implying anything about Baghdad or Bombay or Shanghai ... but I may have been trying to maybe encourage a little thankfulness that your temps are not as hot as some places your fellow riders live. You obviously have a very narrow level of comfortable when it comes to high temps. And I will never interfere with your right to bitch when you feel the need. Yep, I will shut it down at -15F. Although, I will probably still be riding at 0F. (No ice that is). I have done very little riding while the temps here have been near 100F. sunny
I am thankful that our riding season here is more than you NORTHERN guys have. However, I don't actually laugh at you when it gets to -40 in August and snow is waist deep for three or four months. I actually envy your snow reports some time. It snowed here when I was a young boy and I will never forget what snow looks like. I watch Bing in White Christmas all the time just to remind me. Razz

And don't forget the most important thing we can both be thankful for... we have clean restrooms. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
However, I don't actually laugh at you when it gets to -40 in August.
And don't forget the most important thing we can both be thankful for... we have clean restrooms. Laughing

Hey Gary:
You won't be laughing at me if it drops to -40 in August, you'd be fleeing the oncoming glacial epoch that would no doubt freeze most of the US as well!
I know you meant something else.

I was just outside to Walmart and the grocery store. It's 86F with a humidex of 97F. It feels like crap outside. Thank goodness we have as much AC everywhere as you do. And better still, we have no such thing as electricity shortages. With our abundance of hydro generated electricity, you will not find a coal, natural gas, oil, or nuclear generating station anywhere in our province. Our electricity is among the cheapest in the world. Many of our homes are electrically heated.
maybe I'll fire up the Swing this evening when the sun goes down. Then it's beautiful riding.
Terry
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Opalsboy wrote:

PS:

I can't imagine the condition of those Tennessee restrooms in 100F heat with 90% humidity.

I hope John Grinsel wears his Haz-Mat suit when venturing into those rest stops.
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4169
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:52 pm

You don't need even particularly hot weather to overheat in 'ATG, ATT', you just need a bit of physical effort. I was about to set off to ride to York last week when I noticed one of my mirrors had worked loose.
So I switched off the engine, get off, put the SW on it's main stand, gloves off, seat up etc, get the right size spanner out of the tool kit and faff about adjusting the mirror. This was late morning at about 60F on a not particularly hot or sunny day. It took a while to get the adjustment right, but wearing All The Gear, a helmet and liner, summer bike suit, Knox back protector, and a Hi-Vis vest, I was perspiring in next to no time. So when I did arrive in York three hour later, I was still damp from my earlier exertion.

Last edited by Meldrew on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Here in Rison now it is almost exactly what you have temperature wise.

Yeah, I might have been exaggerating a little with the -40. That is just the temp that is the same in F and C. Just sticks in my mind for some reason. I remind you that I said in my post I "don't actually laugh at you" when it gets (cold).

Even with the heat and humidity and fire ants (I know you are thankful you don't have those little buggers) we will get cool some time in the very near future. Just have to hunker down and keep paying the AC bill. Honestly, I didn't know that it ever got hot enough in Canada to need AC. Shows you how ignorant I am.

An evening ride is a good idea. I am waiting on the wife to get home from a day at work and we are going to ride out for dinner. I just added some fender lights to my trike and want to try them out and show them off.
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:08 pm

My goodness Meldrew... 60F is hard to imagine now. Must be hard to dress for that. With ATGATT... sounds like you would get uncomfortable very quickly. When it is 60s here, it is easier to be motivated to get the gear on. Above 75 or 80 I leave off the pants and riding jacket. Always wear the helmet and boots and usually the gloves. Since i am retired, I don't HAVE to RIDE when the weather gets really hot like it is.. Just short rides to town and back for me. I do occasionally ride other places and when I do, I try to plan early morning riding.
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:13 pm

1oo degrees in Boise yesterday. Suppose to be 97 today. Rode yesterday AM and today AM so as to get in a nicer ride. But it is a dry heat. clown
How many time have you heard that! Hot is still hot!

Bob
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2011-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Dry heat?? well so is my oven a dry heat, but it is still freakin HOT!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.josbooks4kids.com
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Heat wave in CANADA???? 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Opalsboy wrote:
Shows you how ignorant I am.

Gary, Not knowing is not ignorance. It's called learning. When we refuse to learn, that is ignorance. Luckily, I have so much to learn, I'll never be ignorant. :lol!: I just learned that 17 days in a row over 100 degrees is hot.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:13 am

Gary:
Another hot and humid day in Winnipeg.
The high will be 97F and with humidex it will feel like 115F.
Again no scootering for me today.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:25 am

A heat wave, can we in the UK borrow some.

It ain't cold, but it is certainly NOT summer weather. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 am

Doug, help yourself.
For us metric guys the high is 36C and with humidex it's 46C.
Nasty.
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 pm

The current temperature here at 10:40am is 55F with a forecast of 69F. This weekend, we're supposed to get a "heat wave". It might hit 80F in a few places, but most will be in the upper 70s.

Being Seattle, we have rain in the forecast for Wednesday and Thursday.

Chris
Back to top Go down
bob wells
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
bob wells

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey, Daboo! Do you ever go yo yhe Thurs. Nite Bike gathering? I remember it being at Alki.

Bob
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Daboo wrote:

Being England we have rain in the forecast until the middle of August, and because it rained on July 15th St Swithun's Day, the legend is that it will rain for the next 40 days. Which is an excuse that has served the BBC Weather Service well for years.

We're also a nation that only makes pancakes once a year on Pancake (Shrove) Tuesday. None of your finest Vermont or Canadian maple syrup for us, we squirt them liberally with industrial strength 'Jif' lemon juice out of a yellow plastic lemon shaped container.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:34 pm

It's 2:30 in the afternoon (14:30) and the humidex just hit 47C (117F).
And my Swing is still parked.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Meldrew wrote:
Daboo wrote:

Being England we have rain in the forecast until the middle of August, and because it rained on July 15th St Swithun's Day, the legend is that it will rain for the next 40 days. Which is an excuse that has served the BBC Weather Service well for years.

That theory has served the BBC Met department for many - many - many years. And will for many more to come no doubt.

Best weather forecasting advice I was ever passed.

Bang a nail into the side of your shed.

Go to the nearest beach, take home some seaweed.

Hang the seaweed on the recently placed nail on shed.

Now the forecasting bit.

When the seaweed is wet it is or has been raining.

When the seaweed is dry. So is the weather.

Flight Dispatchers course 1992!!!!! (West Sussex Uni)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:05 pm

bigbird wrote:

Too hot to wear your toque then! Smile

Last edited by Meldrew on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Meldrew wrote:
bigbird wrote:

To hot to wear your toque then! Smile

And everything else.

All I can say is thank goodness my house has central A/C.
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:20 pm

bob wells wrote:
Hey, Daboo! Do you ever go yo yhe Thurs. Nite Bike gathering? I remember it being at Alki.

Bob
Sorry, I'll miss the Thurs. Nite Bike gathering. I'll be in the county jail on Thursday night. Kinda hard to be two places at once. Laughing

Chris
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Daboo wrote:
I'll be in the county jail on Thursday night.
How many years have you been doing the prison ministry??
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 6:49 pm

Aww, you took all the fun out of it! I love seeing the faces of people who are not sure what to say when they hear I'm going to "jail" or "prison", like how many years did you get? And what did you do???!!!

To answer your question though, I've been going to one of the five prisons at Monroe, WA for about 8 years. (Beautiful ride in the country to get there! And some wonderful roads to explore later!) And I've been going for about 6 years to the Snohomish County jail. (Not nearly as nice a ride...but any ride on a scooter, is a good ride!)

I turned in the clearance paperwork to go to the Coyote Ridge prison in Eastern Washington. The logisitics is a little rough. It's an 8 hour roundtrip ride. Doable in the summer, but in the winter going over the pass would require a car. Well see what happens there.

Chris

Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:19 pm

God bless you Chris... great ministry to be involved in. I am a Gideon here and have done a few prison/jail distributions. You sound like you are a very dedicated servant.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:12 am

YAWNNNNNNN

its raining.
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:53 am

Sweltering here in Michigan ... supposed to be 97F with a heat index up near 110F today!! YIKES Shocked ... and people wonder why I ride the bike rather than cage it ... no A/C in the cage, at least on the bike, I get a LITTLE wind in my hair!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:48 am

Congratulations for having enough hair left at 57 so that a LITTLE wind can blow through it. Anyone on here got enough teeth left to get bugs in them! Smile
Back to top Go down
RickV
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
RickV

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 am

Down here in MN it appears that we have been in lock step with our friends in Canada. Yesterday the dewpoint reached an all time recorded high in MN - 88 degrees - one TV station weather reporter created a new category - "Melting" - heat index was something in the 120+ in that area. In the Minneapolis area the dewpoints have been ranging from 78 - 81 degrees - went for a short ride yesterday morning to get cash and few grocery items and when I came out my glasses and face shield were totally fogged over - enough!!

Today our dewpoints are currently way down to 71 degrees and I could actually see out of the windows this morning - temps to hit close to 100 today but relief tomorrow - - yea!! Heading out for a group ride to Hayward, WI this weekend so hoping for some relief.

From "Melting" MN,

RickV
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:01 pm

Humidity isn't something we here in Las Vegas have to deal with. Most of the monsoonal flow is hitting Arizona and New Mexico to our east. We do occasionaly get "humid" days in our monsoon season. But then the humidity gets up to between 30 to 40% at the most extreme. Since we are used to being under 8% most days you can only imagine that feels "intolerable" to us. But temperature wise we should be at 110 F most days and yet so far this summer we are mostly at around only 100-105 and at 5% humidity it is very tolerable. sunny
I do keep my face shield closed because we are very windy and it feels like a hair dryer in your face.
I've lived in humid climates all my life and I don't think I'd ever be able to go back to it. Cool
To all our northern bretheren who aren't used to this--I hope relief comes soon for y'all.
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:27 pm

ScooterBill,

I could not agree with you more. As I type this, it is 100 with 24% humidity... Humidity a little higher than normal because we are getting some of the monsoon effects. Face shield closed, long sleeves, coolvest under mesh jacket... No problem. I grew up in the Ohio valley and Tennessee (dirty bathrooms and all), and would NOT go back because of the humidity.
Back to top Go down
jobo2mi
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
jobo2mi

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Yall are talking 'dry heat' ... well my oven is dry heat, too, but it's still freakin HOT!!! sunny tongue
Back to top Go down
pancho
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
pancho

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Brownsville Texas today 101, 60% humidity,S/E wind 22mph. What a great day. jawdrop
Back to top Go down
Daboo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Daboo

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 2:48 pm

One of the local weather forecasters created quite a stir when he wrote in his blog "Seattle: 78 Minutes of Summer".

The University of Washington keeps track of the weather data by the minute. His blog actually showed that on July 2nd, we had 12 minutes of "summer" and on the 6th, we had another 66 minutes. "Summer" in this case defined as temperatures of 80 degrees or more.

If you lowered the threshold to 75F, we've had 18 hours and 48 minutes...about 2/3 of a day.

Today's forecast is a high of 66F and showers. It's almost noon now and the temperature is up to 57F.

But there's hope! This weekend, the temperature is supposed to hit 78F on Sunday. So we may add a few more minutes to the total and reach a full day of "summer" yet. Laughing

Here's one of the articles, if you want a chuckle. As you read it, imagine a cool breeze blowing across your neck cooling you down. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/dannywestneat/2015663852_danny20.html

BTW, I live close to Everett, so per the definition of "summer", we haven't had even one minute yet!

Chris
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:01 pm

jobo2mi wrote:
Yall are talking 'dry heat' ... well my oven is dry heat, too, but it's still freakin HOT!!! sunny tongue
Nobody said it wasn't. I hear that one all the time. First, no one ever cooks stuff in an oven (or even just turn it to) only 100 degrees. Usually you'll pre-heat it to 325-400 degrees so if you did stick your face in the opening--yes that really is hot. But that's 325 degrees you're feeling there! Big difference between sitting in a steam room and in a dry sauna. Still I can understand people saying that if they feel that having only 88 degrees with 70% humidity as equivalent to 110 with 6% humidity, but folks here are reporting nearly the same temps as us in the Desert Southwest, but with their far higher humidity. So the case Gary L and I are making is that---all temps being equal---having almost no humidity is far better. It's a short part of the year, then the other 3 seasons also feel better with low humidity too.
You should try it sometime.

Last edited by LVScooterBill on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Daboo wrote:
imagine a cool breeze blowing across your neck cooling you down.

That would be the cold wet rain Razz
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:21 pm

I just watched "White Christmas" again... also, I had forgotten that it snowed in my favorite movie of all time... "It's a Wonderful Life" ... I am gonna watch it later. Summer can be so much fun with a little snow now and then... only 102F on bank when I rode to town about 3:30 (yeah it was on my bike too)... I got a little warm...
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 5:26 pm

it snowed last week on a couple of the high passes here. We have had a rather unusual early summer (the monsoon started a few weeks early), in that we have had about 10" of rain, just now starting to dry out. It is in the late 80's today, about 45% humidity. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3780
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 6:29 am

This article is in the Daily Telegraph today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/8653971/Deadly-heatwave-spreads-across-central-and-eastern-US.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heat wave in CANADA????   Heat wave in CANADA???? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heat wave in CANADA????
Page 1 of 1