Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada

Go down 
+2
GaryL
PHXScooterBill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-06-07

Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Warm greetings from a new member in Vegas. Although new, I feel that I know everyone here due to my hawking around this site for quite some time ready nearly every topic daily. Right here I should say congrats to Bill aka Honda Silver for being the new site owner and thanks to Jeff R for making this such a great site.
A little about myself. I have now owned my '03 SWing since last Dec. 10th. It is my fourth maxi-scooter. The previous three were in order: a '95 Honda Helix, a '03 Burgman 650 (only for a few months in '07), an '05 Burgman 400 and now my '03 SWing. (Plus two SYM 50cc mopeds). Which did I like best? Hard to say. Like the last four runners up in a beauty pageant it's usually hard to decide. Each has good and bad points. Not to mention I "farkled"nearly all of them up with extra stuff. I've been trying to keep the Swing stock, but it already came with extra stuff. A cupholder was attached to the side in front of the right passenger foot peg. There is a Givi box and Laminar Lip and I have added Grip Puppies. My wife made a nice thin seat pad (since I'm 5'6"with a 29'inseam) from standard black household grip liner and a nice sewn cloth border and elastic bands to keep it on since I felt the seat was too slippery. I also added a motion activated stop light that attaches to the licence plate.
I didn't even know till last month that it had a headlight modulator. It came with nice fog lights but one of the brackets that holds up the right one is cracked under the bolt (so I'll be contacting Dennis about his light bar soon Smile ) I had an issue last month with a home job done by the previous owner in the wiring for the aftermarket brake lights under the Givi mount plate. They were poorly run under the panels and were getting chafed and grounding leading to blown fuses for the dash and horn and near stalling at higher revs. Got that fixed and now she rides great.
As of this morning, I attached a Jac Vinson backrest extension. I now see that cannot use it since it gives another inch and a half leg room (great for everyone else) but that's too much for me since I had it on the front most setting and now it is still too far back. I've actually moved the handlebars backwards a few months ago for more control and now feel as if I've lost it all over
again. So I'm thinking of getting the 3 Brothers rest like I had on the B400. Although the Jac Vinson is excellent, I think it's good for regular to taller riders.
This site has been great for info on the bike!
Weather here in Las Vegas has been hardly over 92 with our low desert humidity even till now--an unusual year indeed! It's a great day to ride! Cool cheers
Back to top Go down
GaryL
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
GaryL

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

ScooterBill,

Welcome to the family!
Back to top Go down
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks Gary,
Hope all is well down in AZ. Y'all must be enjoying good weather too.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Glad you decided to join us. Lurkers are welcome, but it sounds like you have a lot to add with your wealth of experience on different scooters. motorcycle
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:16 pm

LVScooterBill, welcome to the best S/Wing site on the web.Have you given any thought to making your own backrest out your stock but rest?Hear is a link that I used to make mine.It is real easy.Thank you Leroy Beal for a great idea.
http://www.leroybeal.net/motorcycles/silverwing/articles/backrest/backrest.html
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Always nice to welcome a wing rider.

Enjoy our corner of Silver Wing heaven.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
PHXScooterBill
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
PHXScooterBill

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Thanks for the welcome, all. Waspie, regards to you and all our brothers in the UK, a very beautiful country indeed. Model, I'm very familiar with the Leroy Beal page but to be honest, I wouldn't have the foggiest on where to get metal brackets that are bent 10 degrees in the middle. Home Depot? A metal work shop? How do I drill in the right spots without owning a drill? I could find the bolts and my wife could easily make the padding from stuff bought at a craft/sewing place such as Joann Fabrics. It's just the metal part that I wonder how to set up.
BTW, I should note that my setting with the buttrest stock was the third from front not front like I said earlier. The JV set-up though is still far back with it on the front setting so that tells you how much room it gives you.
Cheers all.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi Bill,

Welcome aboard! There are a couple of backrests for the stock Silverwing seat. I'm sure that someone will chime in that has more information on backrests and even more options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada   Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Las Vegas, Nevada
Page 1 of 1