Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Going back to stock windshield

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Going back to stock windshield Empty
PostSubject: Going back to stock windshield   Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:41 pm

I had a large windshield by Givi that came with my bike when I bought it, I recently broke the Givi and purchased a stock one real cheap on eBay, it's just the right height for me, I can see over it, less rear buffeting, and the bike seems more zippy due to less wind resistance?
Back to top Go down
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Going back to stock windshield   Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:09 pm

I took off our Clearview medium and reinstalled the OEM shield for the summer for more airflow. A lot more wind noise, but I may just might leave it on for good. Looks better for sure with the more petite screen.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Going back to stock windshield   Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:15 am

With the GIVI gone, you might also find the funky handling in high winds is gone.

Try a Laminar Lip to cut the noise down a lot. I use a small universal and am very happy with it. Quieter and the wind goes over my head now.
Back to top Go down
midlandchip
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
midlandchip

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Going back to stock windshield   Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Well, I have only had my bike for a few months and can tell you the stock windshield is just too short. I'm 6'3" and when I'm sitting upright the top of the windshield is at about the level of my shoulders and the wind in my face is more than I want to deal with, especially when traveling at anything greater than 45 mph. I definitely plan to get a windshield that is 5.5" taller than what I have as soon as possible. I will probably go with the Clearview XL. Until then I am using a full face shield on my helmet. If I lose a few miles per gallon with a taller windshield that's okay and if the bike handles a little differently that's okay also. I just can't stand that blast of air in my face. I really can't understand how guys can ride motorcycles without a windshield down the highway at 65 mph. It's a mystery to me.
Back to top Go down
aidanpryde18
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2011-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Going back to stock windshield   Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 12:47 am

buddy19520 wrote:

Try a Laminar Lip to cut the noise down a lot. I use a small universal and am very happy with it. Quieter and the wind goes over my head now.

Is there any specific reason that you went with the small universal vs. the one designed for the Silver Wing itself?

Would it make much of a difference with one or the other?
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Going back to stock windshield   Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:13 am

aidanpryde18 wrote:
buddy19520 wrote:

Is there any specific reason that you went with the small universal vs. the one designed for the Silver Wing itself?

Would it make much of a difference with one or the other?

When I first bought it, my intention was to use it on the cut-down GIVI. I still use it on the GIVI during the chilly months. I use it on the stock shield in warm weather.

I just looked at the one made to fit the Silverwing stock shield, and it probably would work on the GIVI as well. The outer edge of the sides of the Universal curl forward just a bit; the view of the stock shield LL looks like it might not fit a GIVI as well. Without having it in hand to place against each shield, it's hard to tell for sure. If I were buying it strictly to use on the stock shield, I would buy the LL made to fit (not Universal).

I ended up using the same small Universal on my Vespa windshield (it was an inch or so short for me). It makes that ride much quieter also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going back to stock windshield   Going back to stock windshield I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going back to stock windshield
Page 1 of 1