Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Snellville

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from Snellville Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:15 am

My name is Mark & I live in Snellville, GA ("Where everyone is someone" - according to the sign as you come into town). My wife, Mary Lou, & I love to travel on our motorcycle, an '01 GL1800A Goldwing. She decided she wanted to try the front seat, but wanted something smaller & easier (i.e. - no shifting), so I bought her a new '08 Silver Wing. She just recently got her license, but hasn't spent more than 10 or 15 miles on the scoot to this point. I hope that'll change as the weather improves.
I have installed a Utopia backrest, upgraded the lift arm for the saddle to handle the extra weight of the backrest & swapped the storage compartment light for one that has a switch to keep the battery from being drained if the saddle is left unlatched.
I am interested in installing a true cruise control system, not just a throttle lock. We're also considering the J&M JMCB-2003 CB/intercom system so she & I can talk while riding either on her scoot or on separate bikes. Would be interested in antenna installation ideas. Would also be interested in a trunk box, but haven't seen any that really appeal to me. Does Honda offer them in other countries? If so, has anyone in the US obtained one?
Thanks,
Mark
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:08 am

MarkLawson wrote:
My name is Mark & I live in Snellville, GA ("Where everyone is someone" - according to the sign as you come into town)

Well then hello "someone"? Laughing

MarkLawson wrote:
I am interested in installing a
true cruise control system, not just a throttle lock.

Joe Wolfe in Kingsport Tn installs a true cruise control.

MarkLawson wrote:
Would also be interested in a
trunk box, but haven't seen any that really appeal to me. Does Honda
offer them in other countries? If so, has anyone in the US obtained one?

I am not aware of a Honda trunk box .... I have a Givi E52 with Admore lighting.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:17 am

Mark,

Welcome to the site. You may also want to check out the forum of www.wildhogss.com for some scooter riding opportunities in north GA.

e-mail me for Joe Wolfes phone number.

My wife and I have GIVI V46 boxes, but they do increase the tail height on the bikes.

We also use Scala Rider Q2 for bike to bike, but we don't have to pair up with a GL1800 so I understand why you'd like to have the J&M setup.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:52 am

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum. Look around...this is a great place and a bunch interesting people. sunny

DennisB :D
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:55 pm

Mark,

Welcome to the site and maybe you can put some pics of your bikes in the Album section. Since you are somewhat close to Joe Wolfe you may want to look into that. I hear he does great work. I have a "cheap" top box and wish I would have bought the Givi since they look better. Mine does a good job but doesn't look as nice.

I will look around for a link to order boxes from overseas but they do cost alot to ship. Again, welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:16 am

Welcome to the forum :D
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 pm

Welcome Mark...we use the Scala headsets on the scooter and they work pretty well but not quite as well as the Goldwing system which we also have. These scooters are a blast....Dick
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Mark,

I may also know of a way to address the CB antenna, although if you've been in touch with Joe Wolfe, I'm sure he has a solution. A SilverWing owner in Dallas had come up with a good solution and I'm sure she'd share. I don't have her address with me right now, but I'll send her an invite to the site and ask her about the CB antenna.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Mark,
I'm the girl from Dallas that Dale mentions. I have an '03 and have a JB CB on my bike. It works wonderfully. Comparable to the Goldwing set up. I have it running into my helmet and have both a Garmin GPS and an MP3 player running into the CB. Therefore when someone talks, the CB mutes the other inputs. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
Lisa in Cowtown, TX
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Mark,
See what happens when you type too fast. I mean that I have a J&M CB radio on my bike. sorry!
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Lisa,

Welcome to the site and maybe you can post a pic or two in the Album section. You can set your own album up and store pics there. Maybe post some of the rides you plan to do this year. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 7:44 am

Thanks everyone for the warm greetings! I think this is a group I can appreciate.

Lisa, I would be interested in your CB antenna installation & how well you feel it works. Can you give details on which antenna it is and how it is mounted on your bike? Maybe some pictures too?

Thanks,

Mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:09 am

Mark,
I love the CB and it works very well. I had to go to a CB place outside the city to get it adjusted. I also had some trouble with my J&M headset, but mailed it to J&M and they fixed it for nothing. Here is the link to the model I purchased.
http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=38 Like I said I also have a Garmin Zumo and an MP3 player on the bike. I can hook up either or both with a splitter cable, but it sounds better when I choose one or the other. I also purchased the J&M headset that goes with this CB and the 4' antennea. The antennea brushed my garage door when I go in and out but I"m glad that I got the longest one. Range is about a mile. The antennea is mounted on a flat piece of metal that is attached to under the Givi Topbox Mount on the back of the bike. I will post some pictures on this forum. Again I would suggest going to a CB place that works on these a lot and get it all adjusted. You may think it sounds fine, but when you have that done, you will be amazed at how much better it sounds.

Lisa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 8:34 am

Mark,
I've made an personal album and posted some pictures on this forum. Hope they help. The CB comes with very good instructions on how to install. I had someone do it for me. I ride with Goldwingers and have no trouble (now that I've had all the work done) with communicating with them and listening to my music and the Garmin on the road.

Lisa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Thanks Lisa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Snellville   Hello from Snellville I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Snellville
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: Introductions-
Jump to: