Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hello from Chicagoland

Go down 
+11
Opalsboy
"Hi Yo"
JeffR
skiwoods
Dale
Lab Rat
hoss55
jdeereanton
Waspie
DennisB
hobbydave
15 posters
AuthorMessage
hobbydave
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-04

Hello from Chicagoland Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:59 pm

I have been away from riding for about 15 years. Last month, I picked up an 05 Silverwing from a friend with only 479 miles! Looking forward to saving gas money and enjoying the summer (if it ever gets here).
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi Dave,

Welcome aboard. That's not to many miles for a 2005. Glad you decided to join in.

Last edited by DennisB on Wed May 04, 2011 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Dam typing finger never did work right)
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:22 pm

Welcome Dave from Blighty. (Where pre owned 'Wings' have a lot more miles on em!!). Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Welcome to the forum - enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
hobbydave
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, I have already found some really good info about my wing!
Back to top Go down
hoss55
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hoss55

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.
Back to top Go down
Lab Rat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Lab Rat

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2011-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Welcome aboard! Time to rack up the miles!

I grew up in the Chicago area. Arlington Heights, Rolling Meadows, McHenry, and Lake Zurich were all home at different times. I don't miss the winters. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:01 pm

I thought my Swing was sweet with less than 500mi per yr on it, but 100mi per yr is amazing!

Nice find and good luck!
Back to top Go down
Dale
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:24 pm

Welcome! Your friend is true indeed to have not put a lot of miles on your scooter. :-) Nice of him to break it in for you. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Hi Dave,

We're practically neighbors! Welcome to the forum. See on the streets of the NW 'burbs...
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Welcome to the site and hope you enjoy it. My first 10 years were up in Antioch, on the border of Wisconsin. Hope you like your Swing and it will take you anywhere you want to go. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Hello from Chicagoland 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:36 am

Howdy and welcome from Texas where the sun shines bright as long as a certain Chicago girl stays home. It seems like we are getting quite a few Chicagoians on this site. Enjoy the ride. small moped small moped
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:06 am

Let me add a howdy from South Central Arkansas. I have an 05 that I have had less than a year. I bought it with 350 miles on the odometer. Now it has close to 5000. I was unable to ride for 2 months after I bought it because of an injury I was healing from. Now I ride it EVERYWHERE I can. It is triked out, but it is still a Silverwing that I care about very much. Treat her nice and run her regularly.

Look forward to see more post from you.
Back to top Go down
hobbydave
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:28 am

skiwoods wrote:
Hi Dave,

We're practically neighbors! Welcome to the forum. See on the streets of the NW 'burbs...

I will see you in the sky's above the burbs too! I fly out of PWK...just finishing up primary training, should have my ticket in a few weeks if the weather cooperates. Nice 182!
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Welcome hobbydave,

Don't pay attention to "Hi Yo" he doesn't know what he talking about.

I ride out in your area quite often. You will enjoy this site and the folks on it. Hope to see you on the the road.

That "certain Chicago girl"

"Hi Yo" thanks for the "girl" compliment. I feel so young. Smile
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:17 am

hobbydave wrote:
skiwoods wrote:
Hi Dave,

I will see you in the sky's above the burbs too! I fly out of PWK...just finishing up primary training, should have my ticket in a few weeks if the weather cooperates. Nice 182!

Dave,

Well then, we share interest in two very fun things. Flying airplanes and riding Silver Wings. I live a mile from 3CK, and I am based at 06C. I'm an equity partner in a beautiful 182 and an equally nice 172. I earned my certificate back in '06 and just earned my instrument rating last month. Feel free to contact me at skiwoods@hotmail.com if you want any thoughts about preparing for your checkride. It will be one of the greatest days of your life, I promise!
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:15 pm

hobbydave wrote:
I have been away from riding for about 15 years. Last month, I picked up an 05 Silverwing from a friend with only 479 miles! Looking forward to saving gas money and enjoying the summer (if it ever gets here).

Welcome, fellow Silverwinger Cool Great news for you on getting the bike. If you need help getting to know your bike, shoot me a pm and we can hook up. What a shame that your 6yr old bike has not seen the love of an avid rider yet...Then again ... much more better for you :-)

KB
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
kbcmdba
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
kbcmdba

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2011-05-05

PostSubject: Other kind of wings   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:41 am

hobbydave wrote:
skiwoods wrote:
Hi Dave,

Hey, congratulations in advance on your upcoming certificate. Medical stuff is preventing me from flying right now but no reason to keep me from riding (really missing being a double-i - let my cert expire). :-) What are you driving these days (in the air of course)?

Sorry others - I know it is off-topic but like cyclists, we tend to not be able to help ourselves... :-)

KB
Back to top Go down
http://kbcmdba.blogspot.com/
Blueberries
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Welcome aboard! Time to rack up the miles!
Back to top Go down
KINN
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:44 pm

Welcome from Vancouver Island! This is a great site, and I hope you'll get as much enjoyment and good information from it as I do!

Enjoy your S'Wing.

Kinn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Chicagoland   Hello from Chicagoland I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Chicagoland
Page 1 of 1