Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Today at 1:54 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Shop around for new tires

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Shop around for new tires Empty
PostSubject: Shop around for new tires   Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm

Well, I finally got new tires for my 9 year old Swing.

The first place I looked wanted $190 for replacement Hoops and $140 to put them on. That seemed like a lot, especially to have them mounted.

I found some Shinko tires for $80 front and rear at motorcycle-superstore. I added a face shield to get the free shipping for any order over $90. The free shipping was incredible, I got them in less than 24 hours.

I took them to a local shop when they opened Saturday morning. I actually beat the owner there. He said they didn't do tires on Saturday but he'd do them on Tuesday. He charges $35 per tire if you buy the tires from him and $45 if you bring your own. I said okay and left the Swing there. Good thing I have a backup scooter.

He called me in a couple hours and said it was a slow morning so he did them for me, and if I paid cash he wouldn't charge me tax. When I picked it up he said the tires I had were probably the most "nobbly" tires he had ever seen.

So I paid $170 total for two new tires, mounting, balancing and everything. Much better than the $330 the first place wanted.

It pays to shop around.
Back to top Go down
Henry David
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2011-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Shop around for new tires   Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:30 pm

It sounds like you got a great deal.

I am not familiar with the Shinko tires.

Have you used them before?

I would be interested in an update on
your opinion of how the perform and
wear.

Thanks!

Henry David
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Shop around for new tires   Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:33 pm

DuggleBogey wrote:
Well, I finally got new tires for my 9 year old Swing.

The first place I looked wanted $190 for replacement Hoops and $140 to put them on. That seemed like a lot, especially to have them mounted.

I found some Shinko tires for $80 front and rear at motorcycle-superstore. I added a face shield to get the free shipping for any order over $90. The free shipping was incredible, I got them in less than 24 hours.

I took them to a local shop when they opened Saturday morning. I actually beat the owner there. He said they didn't do tires on Saturday but he'd do them on Tuesday. He charges $35 per tire if you buy the tires from him and $45 if you bring your own. I said okay and left the Swing there. Good thing I have a backup scooter.

He called me in a couple hours and said it was a slow morning so he did them for me, and if I paid cash he wouldn't charge me tax. When I picked it up he said the tires I had were probably the most "nobbly" tires he had ever seen.

So I paid $170 total for two new tires, mounting, balancing and everything. Much better than the $330 the first place wanted.

It pays to shop around.

It also pays to have a shop owner that doesn't always report the cash!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shop around for new tires   Shop around for new tires I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shop around for new tires
Page 1 of 1