Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 2:50 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Unused wiring connection in tail light area

Go down 
+2
DennisB
alejom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Unused wiring connection in tail light area Empty
PostSubject: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

I was looking behind the inner covers that allow access to the left-rear turning light and brake light and found an unused wiring connector with a red, rubber cover on it.

Does anyone know, or have tested what it is for? trailer, top box, additional brake light?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:27 pm

That little red covered connector is for the Honda tech's, in the Honda repair department, to connect their systm analizer to. That is not for hooking up lights.

Do you need to hook up lights?
Back to top Go down
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:01 pm

Thank you, Dennis.

I will actually, but I will tap onto the corresponding wires for that. I have been thinking about getting some "Knight Riderz" LED sequential/brake lights from custom dynamics.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:17 pm

alejom wrote:
I will actually, but I will tap onto the corresponding wires for that.

When I did my wiring I did a parallel wiring to the Honda OEM with no tapping or splicing ... so I could isolate any wiring faults/failures to either Honda OEM wiring or my wiring.

DennisB make a wire harness that allows you to disconnect
the Honda OEM wire and plug in DennisB wire harness connecting to the original Honda OEM plug and providing the wiring you need for a parallel wiring.

I then put a separate fuse on each wire (except ground) for protection ... which either directly powers or controls relays for power.

Electrical faults/failures are no fun.

alejom wrote:
I have been thinking about getting some "Knight Riderz" LED sequential/brake lights from custom dynamics.

I have the original "Knight RiderZ" LED sequential red lights from Custom Dynamics. I love it ... it really works great. Correctly aiming the LED light helps.

They now have a "Knight RiderZ" with 21 LEDs (larger) which I may still upgrade to.
Back to top Go down
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Bill, do you have a picture of where you installed the sequential light? I will eventually get a top box and my firs option, which was placing the light under the spoiler might not work well when the box goes on.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:15 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Alejom,

I have a pair of the Knight Riderz (the sequential version) and I really like them. This post shows how I installed them on my bike. They've been on there about 9 or 10 months to far, and the 3M heavy duty double sided tape I used is holding up great. They really make the back of the bike more visible, and it seems like people follow and stop further back with them.
Back to top Go down
alejom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
alejom

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 pm

I like bigbird's light, it is very visible. Ed, a bracket like that is exactly what I has thinking about fabricating. Very good solutions, both.

I guess I will start deciding which one to use and get to it.

Thank you guys.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:57 pm

I also have the Knight Riderz light. Double stick tape holds it onto the black plastic just above the license plate. A little low, but it stands out against the black plastic.

I think it really helps drivers behind notice that I am there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unused wiring connection in tail light area   Unused wiring connection in tail light area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unused wiring connection in tail light area
Page 1 of 1