Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Hyperpro Springs in UK

Go down 
+2
JeffR
steveR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2011-03-23

Hyperpro Springs in UK Empty
PostSubject: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 pm

I have the front end off the Swing tonight, ready to swap the oil to try and improve the front end a bit! Probably junk the front Bridgestone too at the same time.

Many sources on the net recommend Hyperpro springs and I wondered where to price them here? Another alternative is to add more preload by adding 5mm or so of washers/shims, anyone tried that on a Swing at all?

I was going to try SAE10, but on dropping the fluid (it does look and smell like ATF!) I am wondering if SAE10 is maybe still a bit light! Any recommendations here guys?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 12:33 pm

I have read where some have put in a 1/2" spacer of pvc pipe and also went up to a "15 weight oil". The did notice good improvement with the spacer and heavier oil. I think I read this on the yahoo silverwing group. Oh No.... I just advertised a different forum. I hope I don't get banned here too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Bernardo
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Bernardo

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Oh no Jeff....! Now you have really done it.... LOL... OK so who is gonna spank u?.....LOL

As to hyperpro springs I had them fitted to my Swing and it made a big difference, improved the handling and braking without compromising on comfort though a much firmer ride... Cost a few years ago about $115 (pounds sterling)
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:07 pm

This link finds the manufacturer.

http://www.hyperpro.com/#

Simply fill in your details and they will send you price and further details!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Waspie wrote:

Good man, Ta!

Later...

Now costed them and they can stay in the shop for the moment! £130.

Last edited by steveR on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:03 am

JeffR wrote:
I have read where some have put in a 1/2" spacer of pvc pipe and also went up to a "15 weight oil". The did notice good improvement with the spacer and heavier oil. I think I read this on the yahoo silverwing group. Oh No.... I just advertised a different forum. I hope I don't get banned here too.

No washers of the correct diam in my workshop, which surprised me, so I settled for some SAE 15 fork oli and just from bouncing up and down on the individual legs, I can tell there is a difference. Get tham back on today, and then try them tomorrow on a test run,

Later:

First impression from a cpuple of runs up my farm lane was wow, damping again! Before, every pothole was a wheel banging, frame shaking experience. Now it is all a lot more relaxed. The real test will be on some mountain roads next week Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:21 pm

steveR wrote:
Waspie wrote:

Good man, Ta!

Later...

Now costed them and they can stay in the shop for the moment! £130.

Thanks for the 'later' info Steve.

Made my mind up, I will wait a wee while before contemplating a change.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 5:42 pm

The oil that comes with the HyperPro is SAE 20. If you are using the original springs, your guess at SAE 15 is probably best.
Back to top Go down
steveR
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
steveR

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 6:39 pm

buddy19520 wrote:
The oil that comes with the HyperPro is SAE 20. If you are using the original springs, your guess at SAE 15 is probably best.

I'm surprised aftermarket springs use such a heavy weight fluid! I fitted Hagon springs in my Transalp and it came with SAE 5 oil and thinking it looked thin, I upped it to nearly 10 weight. Mistake on my part! Sad

Now been out with swing with the 15 weight, and I am pleased, sure, a bit more boing in the springs would be nice, but it is a very noticable improvement.

Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:12 pm

I did not do the install personally, but I did see the new springs before they were installed in the bike. Getting the old (factory) springs back from the mechanic, I could see that the stock springs are made from a thinner gauge wire. With that in mind, I believe that the replacement springs take more force to compress.

If they take more force to compress, they will de-compress with more force. A thicker damping fluid slows down the increased spring rate better than thinner oil.

If I was doing the work myself, I might have just tried thicker oil with the stock springs to see how it felt. The HyperPro feel good, but they take a lot more effort to compress - I have not bottomed them out yet. From the clean area on the stanchion, I would say I should be getting another inch of travel.

Considering everything, I will not be taking the HyperPro springs out even if they are a bit firm. But I would think your choice of factory springs with heavier oil offers better comfort (at a better price, too!).
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:34 pm

I wish I'd known that somebody had tried switching to a heavier oil and inserting a pair of pipes before I went shelling out £125 for a set of Hyperpro springs Sad

Mind you I have been down that route before on an old CX and while it did last for a while, eventually the seals went.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro Springs in UK   Hyperpro Springs in UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hyperpro Springs in UK
Page 1 of 1