Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 1:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 1:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:19 am

» What were they thinking?
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:57 am

» Hello everyone
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:41 am

» Low charging
Introduction I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:49 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Introduction

Go down 
+6
Waspie
dickie
DaveR
wayneliz
DennisB
Burgieman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Burgieman
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:18 am

Hi to everyone. My name is Dean, I live in the Grand Rapids, Michigan vicinity. My wife and I are proud owners of both a 2002 Silverwing, and an 06 Burgman 650 standard model. We have about 20,000 miles on the wing, with original belt, and 50,500 miles on the Zook. We are both retired, I'm about to turn 64, and I'm not tellin on her, Don't ya know! Like so many others on these forums, I have been up and down the c.c. ladder, (these are bike #25 & 26), and have lit on the Maxi Scooter rung for keeps, it would appear, by choice I might add. the bikes have Givi shield and 52 trunk, heated grips, and vista cruise on the wing, Clearview shield, Givi 52 trunk, Corbin seat with backrest, Vista cruise, 4 Road pipe,and chrome front bezel. Also we have Givi throw over bags and a Bikers Friend large round hard bag that I saved from Harley days, that I use as a backrest on the wing and the zook both. I have done a couple of 400 plus mile days on the wing in comfort, and a 600 mile day on the burgie this last year. Now I'm getting the bite to take a long ride someplace, when funding permits, bet that I'm not alone on that one, Can I get a witness?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 7:26 am

Hi Dean,

Welcome aboard and make yourself at home here. cheers
Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:14 am

Hi Dean- welcome! You are definitely not alone with the long ride urge! Enjoy your time here.

Wayne
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:58 am

Hello from "Old Dave " in Western Nebraska.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement as much as I am. I try to divide my time in three different catagories:
1. Preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Am trying to get more involved in the CMA.
2. Golf
3. Riding my Honda Silverwing. I want to make another trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota and also to Estes Park Colorado this year.

I do enjoy the Forum. There is a lot of info displayed. It encourages me to do my own maintenance etc. I have changed my own oil, put in Hyper springs, exhaust extensions, back rest, pin stripe, etc. I think this just makes it a lot more fun when you can do your own.

Ride safe and have fun

Old Dave
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:55 am

Hi Dean, Welcome to the forum. Great people here with great advice. My guess is you are also on the Burgman forum. We look forward to your comments and input.

Our favorite riding companions also ride a Burggie and they enjoy it very much. We were out riding with them Thursday. We normally ride two up on both.

DaveR. I like your item #1 very much........................Dick
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Welcome Dean, your ideally suited to comment on both Burger and Wing I see. Look forward to hearing about your experiences with them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Introduction 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:01 pm

Howdy Dean. Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure whether you were looking for a witness to the urge of a long trip or funding, but I'll give a big amen to both. cheers
Back to top Go down
oakcreekeric
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi Burgieman (aka Dean)..

i also am new to this site, and actually interested in purchasing a scooter.. At this point, i'm torn between a "burgie" and a SWing..

i noticed you have both.. if i go the burgie route, i'm definitely interested in going with the 650 as you have..

i would like to ask your opinion (as well as anyone else who would like to offer advice) as to which is better..

i'm sure that's a tough question to ask on a SWing forum, but i'm guess we have some good and honest people here that will shoot me straight..

but to be honest.. from my limited research at this time.. i dont think picking either will be much of a problem...

i will mainly be using the bike going back-n-forth to work.. however, i will be using it for when i go RV'ing.. i'm looking for a mode of transportation seeing as i have a class A motorhome and i'm not interested in towing a car.. i think one of these scooters would be ideal for my RV..

let the advice begin...

thanks in advance...
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:25 pm

oakcreekeric wrote:
i will be using it for when i go RV'ing.. i'm looking for a mode of transportation seeing as i have a class A motorhome and i'm not interested in towing a car.. i think one of these scooters would be ideal for my RV..

Do you know how you are planning on carrying it on the Class A motorhome?? Depending on what you choose, it may dictate a weight limitation.
Back to top Go down
oakcreekeric
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-04-07

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:20 pm

i was planning on purchasing a motorcycle "lift" if you will.. they usually hand from the class III hitch on the back
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Welcome oakcreekeric!

Scooters because of their offset weight do not ride on the typical motorcycle hitch mounts as you might think. Motorcycles tend to be more balanced with the weight in the middle of the bike. A scooters weight is more offset to the rear of the bike. Some carriers include or require additional receiver tubes to distribute the weight across the frame.
Here is an explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduction
Page 1 of 1