Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Hi there guys
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby Kenjls Today at 7:20 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex

Go down 
+22
bikerboy
hotwings
manttila
GHM-PM
Meldrew
Regio
SonnyO
NWSSC
DaveR
"Hi Yo"
craigory
trouble1100
model28a
bigbird
honda_silver
oli18
martywinger
sonuvabug
JeffR
billc.
mdumas72118
DennisB
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  Empty
PostSubject: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:49 am

GPS Mount – Designed to give ease of installation and maximum strength, holding your electrical devices (GPS, IPod, Cell Phone, and Cameras) in a location that provides the best visibility, and sound quality while moving down the road.

Requires the purchase of RAM Mount 1” Ball P/N RAM-B-236U. I provide the Stainless Steel Flat Washer and Nut to install the Ram Ball.

Ram Ball information: http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045050051054085/Default.aspx

(Do a little shopping, you can find RAM-B-236U for a better price and at a lower shipping cost).

Price for the Custom Honda Silverwing/Reflex GPS Mount is $37.00 USD and shipping is $4.50 USD (USPS First Class Mail to any where in the world).

If your interested in purchasing a GPS mount for your Honda scooter: dennis.berney@gmail.com or send a PM through this forum.

gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  Mount510

gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  Mount310

gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  Gps_mo12

If you have difficulty buying RAM products in your country, just let me know and I will buy what you need and send it along with my Silverwing mount. This might mean a higher shipping cost internationally.

Thank You sunny
Back to top Go down
mdumas72118
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 am

This mount works great, Thanks Dennis
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:40 pm

You are most welcome...and Thank you. sunny
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:07 am

I get nothing but great comments on my Dennis B. GPS mount. It is the best location for me and works great for my Tom Tom One. I also found a Velcro attached Glare Shade on e-bay that reduces glare somewhat and makes the install look more permanent....altho easily removed.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm

billc,

I had the gps mount that mounted on the handlebars and like it much better since I bought Dennis's mount a couple of years ago. It can't get any simplier to install either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

Number of posts : 928
Registration date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Just wanted to say I received Dennis' GPS mount and light bar mount and they look great.

Can't wait to de-winterize the scoot and get these items installed and set up. Thank you, Dennis ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm

You are very welcome and thank You very much for your support. sunny
Back to top Go down
martywinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Hey Dennis, call me cause I need a gps mount and want to chat about it. 918-510-6422.
Back to top Go down
martywinger
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:56 pm

I may be able to make this easier for us both. Above, in this thread, there is a pic of the mount you make, the cradle and the attaching piece. I need everything in that picture. Does that help?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 7:01 pm

I just PM with all the information plus part # easy to order from GPS City. Com
Back to top Go down
oli18
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-04-16

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks Dennis...Another happy customer here - product and service were both fantastic! cheers

Love that i can change the garmin & iphone in seconds Smile

-Oli

gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  5704545561_6d2f588baf_z

gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  5705113964_4eb840c411_z

gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  5705114266_d704a3c56c_z
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi Oli,
Your very welcome. Looks very nice. Had all those RAM parts packed in that little white box like a can of sardines, packed with thought and care.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: DENNIS: Pls Post RAM P/N for Arm & GPS Holder   gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:39 am

DennisB wrote:
I just PM with all the information plus part # easy to order from GPS City. Com

Hi Dennis, I know you've posted the RAM ball P/N B 236U. Could you also post the part numbers for the RAM "arm extension" and the RAM GPS holder.

The RAM arm should work for all installations although the GPS holder may be model specific.

Thanks in advance, ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 am

sonuvabug wrote:
I know you've posted the RAM ball P/N B 236U. Could you also post the part numbers for the RAM "arm extension" and the RAM GPS holder.

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045050051054085/Default.aspx

RAM-B-201U
RAM-B-201U-A
RAM-B-201U-C
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:35 pm

honda_silver wrote:
sonuvabug wrote:
I know you've posted the RAM ball P/N B 236U. Could you also post the part numbers for the RAM "arm extension" and the RAM GPS holder.

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045050051054085/Default.aspx

RAM-B-201U = 3 inch long
RAM-B-201U-A = 2 inches ong
RAM-B-201U-C = 6 inches long

Thanks very much for your post Bill. I've been following the weather you folks receive in TX ... your summers sure are toasty!

Regarding the extention arms, I guess the question now is which arm is "best". I'm thinking the 6" arm is too long?

Anybody out there using either of the 2" or 3" and which one would you recommend to use with Dennis' mounting system? Thanks in advance, ~ sonuvabug ~

Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:27 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
model28a
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
model28a

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:23 pm

sonuvabug I have Dennis' mounting system with a 2" arm and a Garmin 500 and I get a lot of people say it looks like a factory option.I like how it is out of site in the bars as opposed to on the bars.It is only for my gps if I was to use a video camera I would use a RAM ball attached to each of my mirror extensions and still use Dennis' mounting system for my gps.

bigbird
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 pm

bigbird wrote:
... snipped ... I use a RAM ball attached to each of my mirror extensions. That puts my GPS very close to my face and it doesn't block any of the dashboard warning lights and allows me to keep my eyes on the road while scanning the GPS.

Not to take any business away from Dennis, but if you haven't yet purchased your GPS mount and have mirror extensions, I highly recommend the mirror extension mount.

Hey Big Bird ... I've already bought Dennis' mount and it'll work forme. However, I am interested in the mirror extention mounts you use. Do you have a linky for those? ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 pm

model28a wrote:
sonuvabug I have Dennis' mounting system with a 2" arm and a Garmin 500 and I get a lot of people say it looks like a factory option.I like how it is out of site in the bars as opposed to on the bars.It is only for my gps if I was to use a video camera I would use a RAM ball attached to each of my mirror extensions and still use Dennis' mounting system for my gps.

Thanks Roger ... just the kind of insights I'm looking for. ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:43 pm

sonuvabug wrote:
honda_silver wrote:
RAM-B-201U = 3 inch long
RAM-B-201U-A = 2 inches ong
RAM-B-201U-C = 6 inches long

Regarding the extention arms, I guess the question now is which arm is "best". I'm thinking the 6" arm is too long?

Anybody out there using either of the 2" or 3" and which one would you recommend to use with Dennis' mounting system?

The Garmin Zumo 660 came with a RAM-B-201U-A which is great with DennisB's mount. The 2" extension helps to provide some sun protection from the "overhang" above the gauges.

I tried the RAM-B-201U-C, but had too much vibration and sun exposure ( I have gotten a Glare Stomper since ) washed the screen out.

If I get a chance I will try to measure the distance from the GPS base plate to the DennisB mount, so that you can approximate.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:54 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 am

bigbird wrote:
Here you go. Any 10mm mirror riser extension will work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10mm-Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Silverwing-600-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f010c7d08QQitemZ270600535304QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4475wt_941

Any 10mm will work ... but I would not suggest buying any 10mm mirror risers that do not
specify stainless steel bolts.

I had a 10mm mirror riser without stainless steel bolts and it severely rusted within the year.
I replaced with another 10mm mirror riser with stainless steel bolts and have not no problem since.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 am

Hi Bill

I agree, Stainless steel 10mm bolts is the way to go on the application.
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:17 am

bigbird wrote:
... snipped ... I use a RAM ball attached to each of my mirror extensions.

I looked at the extensions in the eBay vendor's picture. I guess I'm a little slow but where do the RAM balls go? ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
trouble1100
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
trouble1100

Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:27 am

sonuvabug wrote:
bigbird wrote:
... snipped ... I use a RAM ball attached to each of my mirror extensions.

I looked at the extensions in the eBay vendor's picture. I guess I'm a little slow but where do the RAM balls go? ~ sonuvabug ~

Give this a gander .....

https://www.silverwing600.com/t2992-mirror-extension-ram-mount?highlight=ram+mount
Back to top Go down
sonuvabug
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
sonuvabug

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 11:48 am

trouble1100 wrote:

Give this a gander .....

https://www.silverwing600.com/t2992-mirror-extension-ram-mount?highlight=ram+mount

Perfect ... thank you. ~ sonuvabug ~
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Hey Honda_Silver, you mentioned something called a "Glare Stomper" to eliminate the glare on your GPS screen. What is that? Where do I get one? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:34 pm

Craigory, the Glare Stomper is available on Amazon. Hope this helps. There is a listing on ebay for the 3.5' screen.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:04 am

craigory wrote:
Hey Honda_Silver, you mentioned something called a "Glare Stomper" to eliminate the glare on your GPS screen. What is that?

http://glarestomper.com/
Back to top Go down
craigory
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
craigory

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2011-06-25

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 1:19 am

Thanks guys! Found it.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:33 am

I bought one of these items and mounted it on my Tom Tom GPS, but there is still significant glare when riding in sunlight. So...I removed it and I actually think I can see the GPS screen better?!?
I have also found that the Garmin GPS has a brighter screen than the Tom Tom GPS and thus easier to view in bright sunlight. billc.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:54 am

billc. wrote:
I bought one of these items and mounted it on my Tom Tom GPS, but there is still significant glare when riding in sunlight.

I am not sure if it matters on the location of the GPS or note. I have DennisB's GPS mount between the handlebars.

I found it significantly reduced the glare except when the sun was behind me and directly hitting the screen. I believe I run the Garmin Zumo 660 at 70% brightness.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 am

I have the Garmin 40LM with a Ram ball mount off of the left hand brake reservoir. I like it as it can be adjusted so it is pretty close up. I can hear all the commands etc. Works well for me.
Old Dave Smile
Back to top Go down
NWSSC
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
NWSSC

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:18 am

I have a Garmin Zumo 550 mounted on the left brake reservoir and fitted a sun visor by Glare Stomper. It is attached by Velcro and helps immensely.

http://www.glarestomper.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.northwestsuburbanscooterclub.com/
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:04 am

I also have a Glare Stomper and my GPS Tom Tom is mounted on Dennis B.'s mount with Ram ball in the center of the handlebars. Glare Stomper "help" but screen still has glare in direct sunlight...billc.
Back to top Go down
SonnyO
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
SonnyO

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2012-07-23

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Dennis,

Just received my order. GPS mount installed, well made and looks great!

Thanks!

Sonny
Back to top Go down
Regio
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Regio

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-04-25

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 am

Praise for Dennis B's GPS mount! Perfect fit, easy to read instructions and looks like an OEM part. Prompt shipping and good communication too! I will be a repeat customer! Thanks Dennis!
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4174
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:42 pm

billc. wrote:
I also have a Glare Stomper and my GPS Tom Tom is mounted on Dennis B.'s mount with Ram ball in the center of the handlebars. Glare Stomper "help" but screen still has glare in direct sunlight...billc.

I have the same set up and have had the same problems, and a Glare Stomper does help in certain conditions. I remember reading a forum post about GPS screen glare and recommending changing to a night display in bright sunlight. I haven't tried it because there hasn't been that much sun to ride in this summer. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
GHM-PM
Site Admin
GHM-PM

Number of posts : 2553
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 8:13 am

I too would like to thank Dennis for his GPS mount! I rec'd mine yesterday and in less than 10 minutes had it installed and looking good! Very easy but very solid mount and a good location and does NOT obstruct any of the gauges. Thanks so much Dennis!!!
Back to top Go down
manttila
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:30 pm

I ordered the GPS mount from DEnnis now getting other parts.

I get we need the B236U ball,201UA Extension and since I have a Garmin Nuvi 50 the Ram-Hol-GA50U.

What part number do I need to attach the extension to the Holster mount?

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:22 pm

RAP-B-238U (Diamond Composite Base & Ball), required to attach to the cradle and RAM mounting system.
Back to top Go down
manttila
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:37 pm

You the man!
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:47 am

Heres another cheaper option: RAM-B-182U brake reservoir mount on ebay for $42.95 and includes the three inch mounting arm. All that is needed is the appropriate mounting cradle to match your device. I have this on my bike garmin gps and like it. It sits on the left brake reservoir and is pretty much at eye level. I also like it being close to my left hand and not having to reach in and down to access the screen. Its also out of the way with no chances of it blocking my view of the gauges. I sometimes use my iphone mounted on this same mount using a different cradle. Win win!!
Back to top Go down
bikerboy
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2011-05-12

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:14 am

I too use the reservoir lid mounting (Motorcycle Larry standard Honda), as Hotwings says it puts everything right where you can see it without distraction, only problem is finding a power supply.
Back to top Go down
hotwings
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
hotwings

Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2012-04-29

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:25 am

bikerboy wrote:
I too use the reservoir lid mounting (Motorcycle Larry standard Honda), as Hotwings says it puts everything right where you can see it without distraction, only problem is finding a power supply.
Power supply wasn't a problem for me. I removed the right glovebox and headlight garnish and found power there (keyed) I used the garmin power cord all the way running it under the handlebar plastic. I use an adaptor on the end of the garmin cord when i want to use my iphone. Problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:10 am

I want to mount my Garmin Nuvi 260 on my S'Wing. I've found all the RAM parts needed at PCA, and am ready to order them right after I contact Dennis and order his mount.

My concern is the necessary power. I assume I need to mount one of these somewhere on the dashboard:

gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  Resize

cigarette lighter socket

It looks like there is room to mount it in the right hand storage pocket either on the back wall, or on the floor without interfering with the wiring or radiator reservoir.

Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 am

Hi Gyro,

Try this, This works great for low amp draw devices:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t2858-head-light-connector-pigtail-plug-play

Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:27 am

DennisB wrote:
Hi Gyro,

Try this, This works great for low amp draw devices:

https://www.silverwing600.com/t2858-head-light-connector-pigtail-plug-play

I would still need to mount a cigarette lighter socket, wouldn't I? This would certainly simplify wiring in the lighter though.
Back to top Go down
Gyro
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Gyro

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 pm

A great big public thanks to DennisB. He's gave me some very helpful suggestions, pointed out a better, cheaper place to purchase the RAM mounting hardware than I had found, and, of course, he has my order for his GPS mount! It's all on order and now I just have to wait for it to all arrive. :D
Back to top Go down
Dom
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Dom

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-04-23

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:06 am

Hi Dennis,
New to forum. Emailed you a couple of days ago about purchasing a GPS mount. No answer to date. Please send particulars.
Thanks, Dom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex    gps mount - GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GPS Mount For Honda Silverwing and Reflex
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next