Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

» Greetings From 'Phoenix'
trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH

Go down 
+14
joncallihan
KurtPerthWA
lcseds
Cosmic_Jumper
billc.
DennisB
midlifecrisis (Paul)
exavid
dspevack
john grinsel
MikeO
RatJet
DaveR
jdeereanton
18 posters
AuthorMessage

trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH Empty
PostSubject: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Iv'e just got my SW and thought I might set about fitting a cutout switch to the underseat light to prevent any unwanted battery drain.My previous Piaggio X9 500 had a conveniently placed sprung cutout switch just under the front end of the seat and upon initial inspection it looks a if one of these could be wired in to the SW and located somewhere in the same area.
I'd be delighted to hear if anyone has successfully fitted a similar switch.
Thanks.

Ive just realised what a daft comment I've just posted and can't imagine what I can have been thinking of! Of course the light must go out when the seat has closed and what I really intended to say was how to cut the light off when the seat is raised as I want to fit a 12v battery trickle charging socket somewhere in the underseat compartment.It could be the seat might not close properly over the cables to the charger when its plugged in.
Has anyone fitted a socket like this on an SW?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:11 pm

Read the post under yours.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Here is a link to the discussion on this forum.

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/interior-light-with-manual-switch-t259.htm

There have been numerous discussions about this on a couple of SilverWing forums. Long story short - the Acura Integra part fits with little or no modification. The old part pops out with a bit of leverage applied. Unplug the harness from the old light and plug in the new part. Pop the new light back into the now empty hole. Be certain to turn the light off or you have not really accomplished much (voice of experience).

Now I've taken the plunge and have installed the switched light, but an LED flashlight stored in either glove box is far more practical and less likely to drain the SWing battery.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:12 am

jdeereanton wrote:
Here is a link to the discussion on this forum.

https://www.silverwing600.com/silver-wing-accessories-modifications-f5/interior-light-with-manual-switch-t259.htm

There have been numerous discussions about this on a couple of SilverWing forums. Long story short - the Acura Integra part fits with little or no modification. The old part pops out with a bit of leverage applied. Unplug the harness from the old light and plug in the new part. Pop the new light back into the now empty hole. Be certain to turn the light off or you have not really accomplished much (voice of experience).

Now I've taken the plunge and have installed the switched light, but an LED flashlight stored in either glove box is far more practical and less likely to drain the SWing battery.
Yes thanks jdeereanton. I found the instructions about the light and think I'll keep it simple by removing the bulb and uses flashlight.I do want to fit a 12v output/charging socket as I suggested so I welcome any info from any one with any suggestions or may have fitted one to their own Swing.Should'nt be a difficult job a will have to investigate where to locate it.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:24 pm

This is "Old Dave" in Western Nebraska....I installed the replacement light in my trunk and like it very much. It makes the light, with a switch, nice to use as you can turn it on and off as you please. I keep a battery tender on mine when I park it for a couple of days so can turn off the light and keep the seat unlatched. I also have a very small light on my key chain about the size of a nickle that puts out a lot of light that I can use as well. Anyway do as you wish but I like the fact that my light is functional and I don't have to remove the bulb any more...
Again thanks to every one for their suggestions etc on the Forums. They help and make your Swings even more fun to own and operate.....Have fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:50 pm

Anyone reading my last two posts would think I've never read my owners instruction manual.You're dead right I had'nt up to now!Needless to say there's an auxuliary socket in the left front compartment so both problems solved without even getting a screwdriver out. study

Thanks for all the helpful comments anyway chaps.
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Ahh yes! The bikes for everywhere but the USA (maybe North America) do not get that little gem from the factory.

I'd encourage everyone to read the owner's manual. It is a plethora of information. Most questions that folks have about the operation of their bike are answered within those pages. Consider also a shop manual if you can find one. Don't purchase a plagarized copy off of e-bay go to www.helminc.com and for a paltry sum you can have the genuine article. Or ask in the wanted section of forums there may be someone willing to part with one.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
RatJet
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RatJet

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Its an old thread, I know, but i found this forum today.

To prevent dead battery caused by the trunk light I've placed a LED in the left back turn signal which lit when the trunk lite is on. I choosed this place, cause its the last wich I see leaving my garage.

RJ
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

I think that's absolutely brilliant! cheers
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3294
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:12 pm

better solution----take the stupid bulb out.

John Grinsel
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3788
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:52 pm

I have but I still think it's a very clever alternative.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:08 pm

I've recently spoken to a friend of mine who traded in his silverwing for a late model goldwing.
When he opened the trunk that is right behind the seat, low and behold the same light that the acura integra uses...the one we have been replacing our light with... is right there.

If anyone feels like doing the research, it would be nice to find the part number for the Honda goldwing light with switch, and see if the part price is similar. This way going forward we could direct people to get the switch at their local Honda motorcycle dealer instead of searching for what I'm sure is an increasingly obscure part at Acura, being that it is from a 1991 model vehicle.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 4:43 pm

Update:
I think this is the part number:
08e75-mca-100h
this one appears to come with a bezel, but I think it is removable from the bezel.
More research is necessary.
Back to top Go down
exavid
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2658
Registration date : 2009-07-17

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:56 am

Trifle pricey little light runs $59 from Motogrid. BTW - Motogrid is a good source of Honda parts I've ordered parts from them for several Goldwings and a couple for my Silverwing. Pretty quick service and good prices for OEM parts.

http://www.motogrid.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/7/honda.aspx
Back to top Go down
RatJet
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
RatJet

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:24 am

john grinsel wrote:

John Grinsel

In some situations a lighted trunk is nice to have.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:02 am

RatJet wrote:

In some all situations a lighted trunk is nice to have.

FTFY
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:45 am

First thing I did was take the bulb out Smile
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:45 am

Just went back to the thread (bernardiparts) for the switchable Honda truck light and they have it now for $20.11 a copy.

Good price but their shipping cost SUCKS!!!! $11.00 UPS for this item to Oklahoma.

http://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-LIGHT-ASSY-TRUNK-ROOM__34260-SH3-004.aspx#
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:07 am

Whether you get this switchable trunk light from Bernadi or some other source, this is one of the best functional improvements you can make, for a reasonably low price.
It only takes a minute or two to pop out the old light and insert the new.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:10 am

Has anyone thought about replacing the trunk-light bulb with an LED? There just might be something out there that will bridge the gap between the bulb terminals.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:23 pm

There is an LED replacement bulb for the T10x31 festoon bulb in the trunk light.
You can probably find it on ebay or some simple internet searching.
Back to top Go down
lcseds
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-02-15

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 2:49 pm

RatJet wrote:
john grinsel wrote:

John Grinsel

In some situations a lighted trunk is nice to have.

Unless the seat does not close all the way. My wife has me reaching for the battery charger every couple months. Bulb is out now....
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:22 am

I have a LED bulb fitted and also use an on off switch.That way I can choose to turn it on or off while the seat is up. It should turn itself off whenever the seat is down. The LED bulb will not run down the battery overnight. Old age Paranioa has set in.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 1025
Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:11 am

Kurt,
Age has nothing to do with it, and don't forget, it's not paranoia if you KNOW the Bastards are out to get you. :flower:
Back to top Go down
http://www.joncallihan.com
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

We need to find a universal switch where when you put the seat down unlatched it pushes the button to turn the light off vs relying on the seat to latch completely to turn off
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:25 pm

I just went to my Honda Car Dealership, ordered the light with the switch and it was easy to put in as it just un-plugs and plugs in. It will fit in the same hole. I like it because it is now functional when I need it and works like a factory installed light.
Old Dave
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 12:28 pm

Hi Dave, If you don't mined me asking... What did the Honda dealer charge you?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:19 am

Hi, picked up my light (34260-SH3-004) from my local car dealership, with taxes and all, it was $30.00. Popped the old out, carefully unplugged the wiring, plugged the new light in, popped it into the hole, fit like a glove, now my luggage light reflects the elegance of the rest of the bike. It was worth the 10 0r so Chinese flashlights I could have gotten at Wal-Mart just to allow my ride to ooze a bit more sophistication. I also installed my new Airflow which was delivered yesterday; life is good. Can hardly wait for the weather, etc.
Pendragon, '06 SWing 600A, '97 Valkyrie Tourer, '06 ST1300A (just sold)
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 am

Heh, heh, gotta hand it to you Winnipeggers; yup, gonna park it at the corner of Portage & Main just to watch the locals eyes light up in abject adoration. :-)

Pendragon, retired Farklemeister.
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:00 am

Quote :
Heh, heh, gotta hand it to you Winnipeggers; yup, gonna park it at the corner of Portage & Main just to watch the locals eyes light up in abject adoration.
Pendragon, retired Farklemeister.

Razz So what exactly is a 'retarded Farklemeister'?

Oops, oh, never-mind...
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:15 am

Well, Comic_Stumper, You put "bling" on some rides (Goldwings,Valkyries,etc) and you put "Farkles" on others (SWing,ST1300,etc) The point being that farkles add to safety, convenience,and charm without being obnoxiously tacky, but of course you would know that being damn near the city of brotherly love, eh? :-)

Pendragon (retired, not retarded, heh, heh)
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:42 pm

There, there, Big Bird, :-) no sparkles, just farkles; I have the afore-mentioned coveted switchable light (choir please) plus the ubiquitous Givi Airflow, have a J&M 2003 CB I'm adding just as soon as I can get to it, have figured out an elegant sophisticated antenna mount (in harmony with the switchable light of course) am adding a powerlet socket with adaptors to power a mini-compressor to go along with my stop & go tire plugging kit, and adding H/L modulator and extra brake lights with modulator, heated grips, grenade launcher, not festooned, you understand, just modestly equipped. :-) :-)
Pendragon, sometimes referred to as Desperate Dude.
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:01 pm

x

Last edited by bigbird on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 pm

Yup, We're currently at -3C but sunny; I was riding 2 days ago, but am waiting till it hits plus 7, and you know I'm funnin' with you too; I LOVE my switchable light; T427, are they airbags? :-)

Pendragon, the Polish Pilgrim
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Ha h
a, not bad, Big, er, Bird, keep holding the flashlight! :-)

Pendragon

Things are more like they used to be than they were before.
Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-01-16

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Iiiii.....read this full post and as I was taking notes was careful not to miss a single word. Reguarding the under seat light....the way i see it....we all have five choices......

1.Use the the light that comes with the swing while not being so absent minded as to make sure the seat is closed so the battery wont drain.

2.Order a replacement with a switch that is pretty much plug and play so we wont need to buy "10 or so chinese flashlights".

3.Wire the underseat light to the blinker so its always off until you "Turn LEFT"....LMAO....

4."Remove the Freaking Bulb" seems the be the more frequent recommendation, but i think we should remove the Dxxx light altogether.

5.After you install the 12v plug in the front left compartment, i think u should buy a 1000w hunting spotlight, "Remove the Freaking Bulb from the light under the seat, make Dxxx sure you never turn left and buy "10 or so chinese flashlights" to give as christmas gifts to our friends who dont need them.

In short, what works for me....#1....keep the seat closed so the freaking bulb stays unlit.....OR.....if I were so absent minded to remember to close the seat....i would "REMOVE THE FREAKIN BULB"......HILARIOUS!

Now, I have an idea. remove the underseat light ASSEMBLY and wire an automatic coffee maker to the wiring....that way i can have hot coffee while im looking for my 1000w hunting spot light in the dark because its lost under the seat next to the coffee maker.......
Back to top Go down
http://www.Yerabuilder.com
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 5:51 pm

"Remove the Bulb"....lol.....now where would u get an idea like that.......im on my way to buy "ten or so chinese flashlights" AND a coffee maker :-)......I cant believe I was so absent minded as to forget the #6 option......buy a bic cigarette lighter in case none of the lights work.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:27 am

bigbird wrote:

I don't think there's 1 forum member who hasn't at one time or another thought their seat was fully closed and locked when it wasn't.

I guess that I'm the only ONE. Somewhat anal retentive in that area. But, I did remove the silly bulb. Since I NEVER ride at night (by choice) I also don't have a cheap flashlight under the seat (a small mag-lite in the glove box is my choice).

:flower:
Back to top Go down
FlyingWing
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
FlyingWing

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:40 am

im just having fun, i did act absent minded and forget to close the seat, but then i made a life changing decision and started remembering to close the seat(listen for the click)....just like i started remembering to turn off my grip warmers that are directly wired to the battery. Amazing how when i remember, the battery is always hot! I learn something new everyday, i never realized that the left turn signal was also the on/off switch for the underseat light :-)......P.S. Im sending all my Swinger friends a butane lighter for christmas this year.....if step 1-5 dont work, use the lighter.
Back to top Go down
joncallihan
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Then they can emulate the lost desert rider in "On Any Sunday".

:flower: alien beamed up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH   trunk light - UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UNDERSEAT LIGHT SWITCH
Page 1 of 1