Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

Welcome to the Silverwing 600 Forum. We ask that you be polite and also GIVE US THE COURTESY of introducing yourself on your 1st post. The members are friendly and helpful so just have fun.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Finally hit 10k
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby XDM© Today at 6:37 am

» Turn signal fuse keeps blowing
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby Kunamika Hopper Yesterday at 10:46 pm

» Picking up a Silverwing with physical limitations?
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby BrianInVA Yesterday at 10:24 pm

» New member in Central Ohio
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby Dale N. Yesterday at 7:03 pm

» Brake Light Wiring Question
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby smellybeard Yesterday at 4:26 pm

» Quest to reduce lower back issues.
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby Craftbike Yesterday at 2:34 pm

» My one off backrest
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby Sonnyle Yesterday at 1:44 pm

» That doesn't look right - clutch wear
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 pm

» Question for shorter swingers about Airflow AF214
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby Sonnyle Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:34 pm

» Subject: New member from Sacramento area.
New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:10 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Silverwing rider

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

New Silverwing rider Empty
PostSubject: New Silverwing rider   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 9:24 pm

I have had my 2008 Silverwing for 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. I have ridden Harley's for years and currently have a 2007 Super Glide. I commute 110 miles round trip to work and felt I was putting too many miles on the Harley too fast (17,000 miles in 18 months). Plus, although I have a windshield, the Super Glide has very little protection from the elements and it sat in the garage many days when it was threatening rain or just too cold to ride. I have the Givi Windshield on my Silverwing and road home from work Friday in short sleeves in complete comfort where as on the Super Glide I would have needed a jacket and gloves. I still love riding the Harley, but the Silverwing is my new lean, mean commuting machine.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing rider   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:19 pm

Welcome to the site Robin and hope you enjoy it. I have rode many m/c's before my Silver Wing, including a Sportster 883, and I really enjoy the Silver Wing so much. Post a pic of you and your bike in the Album section when you get a chance. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing rider   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:45 pm

Welcome Robin~ I pick my bike up in about two weeks and can't wait to learn about it. It will be a change from my Helix. Everybody who has one sure loves them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing rider   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:07 pm

Welcome aboard Robin. Keep us posted on how like the new SW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing rider   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Welcome RobinC!

Great weather we've been having here. What area of NC are you from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Thanks for the welcome   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Debbie, I am near Shelby, about 45 minute west of Charlotte. How about you? Where are you in NC?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing rider   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:30 am

I'm in Asheboro, about 30 miles south of Greensboro.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What a small world it is.   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Isn't this quite serendipitous! I join this group to meet others who ride Silverwings and I meet someone from my hometown.

I was born in Asheboro and still have a few relatives there. My mother moved to Greensboro shortly after I was born but we visited my Grandma and my mother's sister and her family there over the span of many years. Alas, it has been about 5 years since I have been back.

Anyway...how cool is that?
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2585
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing rider   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 11:02 pm

Well, it looks like you have a riding partner(s) now. Take some pics when you ride together this year. That is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: New Silverwing rider   New Silverwing rider I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 5:49 pm

That is indeed quite a nice surprise! If y'all (that's how it's spelled) get a chance to ride together take photos and tell us about the ride.

Welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com

New Silverwing rider
Page 1 of 1