Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Section for riders in England - Please read

Go down 
+22
Duke1
MikeO
FlyingWing
ozbar
Meldrew
Swinger
mikbak
Old Limey
DennisB
mitch
midlifecrisis (Paul)
r1dbb
pja
Winger61
lesley & John
Skippy
tarmacburner2
walmac
Waspie
KurtPerthWA
Tamjay
JeffR
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi,

It seems we have many members that live in England and I have started this new section to see if it will help some of them organize rides. The reason I haven't started one for the U.S. or other countries is since the U.S. is so large and I would have to start many different sections in the U.S. and also because I'm not sure how this will work out.

I am experimenting with this for now and am more than willing to expand if this works out. We have many members from England and since England is kind of an island it may work best there at first. Again, please don't be offended if your country or continent has been left out.

If you live in England, or in Europe, and plan to ride to England please use this section to see if you can set up meet points or rides with others there. Also, please post pictures of all the riders and some nice pictures of the countryside too.

Also, please give me feedback to see if this section is worth having and if I can add improvements too. And if you are in another part of the world and think a section like this can help out please get back to me.

I ask for your patience to see if this works and if it doesn't I can just delete this section and just say " Well I tried".
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com

AuthorMessage
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-12-25

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Bluedee wrote:
I leave in Brighton and it would be great to meet up with other wing owners.

I live in London and it would be easy for me to ride to you for a meet up, interested?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:06 pm

There's a group of maxiscooter riders who meet at the Ace practically every Saturday for breakfast. They're all members of the X9OC but have mostly moved on to DSilverwings and big Burgers.
The club has several IAM bods and Unity Support riders in the ranks so you'll not be out of place.
I ride over for rideouts with the cluub from time to time and some come over to ride in Belgium, France and Germany.
I know you'll be welcomed with open arms.
Look out for Barry - tall, slim, greying and ancient on either a DNA thing or white Burger with masses of bling, Colin also on a white Burger, Steve on a bright yellow one and Roy on a blue one.
They are the usuals but others go whenever they can.
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Thats great news, I am not too far from the ace cafe and Saturday mornings would be perfect for me. So see you then.
many thanks
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Not me, I'm afraid; I live in Belgium now and it's a bit far to ride for breakfast!
If you do go, tell them Mr.Chips suggested you link up with them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 5:20 am

Had a great ride out yesterday morning, taking in the Chilterns and the surrunding areas. There was some frost about and had a few twitches from the back end, but in general all went well with a few stops for hot drinks and lunch. Coverd about 100 miles and out for about 4 hrs. It may be me but I am sure as time goes by I seem to be getting more miles per gallon and have done coming up to 4,000 miles since new now. Has anyone else experienced this, could it be the engine "bedding in" or is it me getting better at riding?
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

Number of posts : 4170
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:19 am

The earlier Silver Wings have always been criticised for their heavy fuel consumption in UK magazines and forums and that thirsty reputation has stayed with it. I've read reports of 110-130 out of a full tank and owners that now ride these older models still complain about it. It certainly put me off buying a Silver Wing for years. But it seems the later versions have been tweaked to be more fuel efficient. I have a 2010 model and I have had 170-180 miles out of a tank, riding two up or solo with plenty of motorway miles and refilled without going on reserve.

When you mention this to anyone who's had one of the older Silver Wings they tend not to believe you. So I'd say it was a combination of your riding style, the engine loosening up, and you wisely buying a current model. Wink

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:52 am

Ah! The Chilterns - a favourite riding-haunt of BarryCello (white, blinged Burger) and Steve Rocketman (bright yellow Burger).
You/they will be in good company. Smile
Back to top Go down
oldgoat
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
oldgoat

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:43 am

MikeO wrote:
Ah! The Chilterns - a favourite riding-haunt of BarryCello (white, blinged Burger) and Steve Rocketman (bright yellow Burger).
You/they will be in good company. Smile

Ah! That takes me back to the late '50s. Grew up in Dunstable (it was nice then!) & rode all around the Chilterns on 1st, a bicycle with a PowerPak over the rear wheel. Then 2nd on my '52 BSA Bantam 125cc.

Those were great days & each outing was an adventure.

-20°C here this morning.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 am

Duke1 wrote:
There was some frost about and had a few twitches from the back end,
But, how did the Silverwing handle the road? :lol!:
Back to top Go down
mick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mick

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-11-11

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:29 pm

from west coast of scotland myself

just past glasgow airport
town called johnstone

if a few of the members could or would meet up i would think it would be a good idea

but question is where
so thats its fair on all who attend

one option is to make a meet up point central
and maybe members could meet up and join the route on the way down or up
which ever the case may be ??

but

could i ask the admin to rename the section as in UK members rather than england members

no disrepect to england or the english members
but i do not stay in england but speak english same as those members across the pond who speak english
i am from scotland and class myself as scottish/british
not scottish english

thanks moan by with Smile

Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 1:39 pm

UK members?
Good idea AFAIC.
I'd change it myself but am more likely to delete the whole forum so I'll leave well-alone and wait for someone else to do it if everyone agrees.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:00 pm

mick wrote:
could i ask the admin to rename the section as in UK members rather than england members

no disrepect to england or the english members
but i do not stay in england

Would anyone have a problem changing England to United Kingdom??
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:25 pm

If Scotland get their independence it may cause problems in the future!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:31 pm

As an English member,no problem with UK, or British or European even,as Scotland apparently want to leave the UK that might not be a good title to use. Smile
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:51 pm

Seriously, perhaps as OL suggested, European may be the better option. They like us in the UK use the FSJ 'Wing'.
Back to top Go down
mick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mick

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:28 pm

hope this aint a can of worms ive opened Sad Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:50 pm

mick wrote:
hope this aint a can of worms ive opened Sad Rolling Eyes

Not at all mick, the actual suggestion makes sound sense really.
Back to top Go down
mick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mick

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:52 pm

thats a relief lol
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:55 pm

mick wrote:
thats a relief lol

I had a quite chuckle at your timing. You wish to include Scotland in the UK when Salmon wants to bale!!!!! Laughing

You just have to see the funny side! (by the way - your not thinking of running for parliament are you?)
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:47 am

What about a simple 'UK and Europe Chat ', instead of Section, Riders, Members, Owners, etc.
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:32 am

The Silverwing handled so very smooth excellent all round handling, great brakes which I needed from time to time as I looked at the speedo I was up in the !!! which is easy to do. Its huge fun to ride, a big grin stayed on my face from start to finish. The scooter eates the up miles seriously, also you can get a good angle when leaning over so progress can be maintained. The screen worked perfectly with the engine purring like a cheshire cat, could have stayed on and rode all day. Has anyone heard of a company called Fehing? they make crash bars and are German, I have been looking at the website and like the idea of them, as the pictures show they make the scooter look really great.
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:35 am

Meldrew wrote:
What about a simple 'UK and Europe Chat ', instead of Section, Riders, Members, Owners, etc.

Where did you get your front mudflap from? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Meldrew
Visiting Curmudgeon
Meldrew

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:57 am

I made my front mudflap from a sheet cut from a black plastic plant pot. It's ideal material to use as it's pre-curved, easy to cut to size, and you can fix it to the mudguard with double-sided adhesive pads and black silicone sealant. I should have gone on Dragons Den with it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Duke1
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Duke1

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 6:11 am

Lucky you! Do you have a pic of your Silverwing?
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:20 am

The Fehlings stuff is very good but be warned: in the past couple of years the chroming seems to be less good than it was.
i had some on both my X9s - the first lot was fine but the second started to rust at the joints, stopped by an after-washing application of Vaseline.....which also works well on stone chips on car bodywork.

A good friend of mine who now owns a big Burger had all his Fehlings trim, the full set, rechromed by a company near London. It cost something like £400 IIRC but it's transformed the look of the bars and it will last for ever.
It's Barry of Ace Cafe breakfasts who had it done and he will take great delight in telling you at length about it, in spite of his invariably saying, 'To cut a londgstory short.....!', that is if you can prise him away from his latest gadget, whatever it is at the moment. Razz
Back to top Go down
mick
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
mick

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 am

Waspie wrote:
mick wrote:
thats a relief lol

I had a quite chuckle at your timing. You wish to include Scotland in the UK when Salmon wants to bale!!!!! Laughing

You just have to see the funny side! (by the way - your not thinking of running for parliament are you?)

yes waspie i do see the funny side of it
i am not one for politics at the best of time
in away if i can do my small part its a start Smile Smile Smile
but would be happy with if was changed to european or whatever
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:41 am

Changed to " UK ( United Kingdom )"
Back to top Go down
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Hold on a minute, i've been thinking this over. The English section has been running for over a year now, without any problems, now one person ( as far as i can see) says because they don't live in England they think it should be changed. Iam sure many people view the English section that aren't English. American,German, French and many others it's not exclusive to England by any means. Why change it?. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:21 pm

Old Limey wrote:
Why change it?. Surprised

Why not? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Section for riders in England - Please read   New Section for riders in England  - Please read - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Section for riders in England - Please read
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2