Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Hi there guys
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby JohnyC Today at 12:16 pm

» Rear shock longevity
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby Erdoc48 Today at 9:07 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Today at 7:14 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks for sale
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

New Forum picture.

Go down 
+5
Sweendog
Jinglebob
bigbird
Skippy
CathyN
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:06 am

Nice picture. Do we know who is riding in the picture and where it was taken?

Cathy motorcycle
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 am

Is it me or is that dude not wearing any gloves??? affraid
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 8:01 am

The road looks like Deal's Gap, Tail of the Dragon.

The rider? Someone with short legs.
Back to top Go down
Jinglebob
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Jinglebob

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2009-07-18

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:01 pm

That's a cool photo...
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm

I've no idea who it is, but that's a shot from Deal's Gap. I have several very similar ones from my trip down there two years ago.

New Forum picture. 40617_429525479712_607599712_4834606_7726186_n
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
New Forum picture. 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:45 am

I believe that is Ron(ronjr009). He was a frequent contributor to the forum, but I think he sold his bike. That picture was his avatar and he had other pictures in his album.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 am

There you have it. HI Yo laid out all the facts for you on this great looking picture.
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Thanks everybody for the input on the the picture. I like Sweendog's too. I was on the Dragon last July on a back of a rented Goldwing with Bob. I'll be in that area again in June. Don't know if I will do the Dragon, don't know if I'm quite ready for that it's also pretty crowded.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:34 pm

If you're in the area Cathy, don't fear the Dragon. =) You can take it at your own speed, and work right on through it!

On the other hand, the whole area is surrounded by amazing roads! The Cherohala Skyway is right nearby, and is a beautiful road, with broad, sweeping turns. Anytime you're riding down there during the warm months you need to be careful of the other riders. There are some idiots among the crowd...

Have fun, ride safe!
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks Sweendog,

When we were down there last July we rented a 2010 Goldwing with 6 miles on it. Had it for 6 days. and returned it with 1620 on it. Bob use to go to the Honda Hoot for several years in a row. So he took me on many of the roads in and around Knoxville, and Great Smokey Mountain Nat. Pk. The Cherohala Hwy was one. If I get enough nerve to do the Dragon it will be definitly on a weekday.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Cathy,

You will do fine. I haven't done the dragon but we have some really good twisties out here too and just take it at your own pace and have fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
ronjr009
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
ronjr009

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2008-12-28

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Yes, that was me (Ron) on the dragon at Deal's Gap and, yes without gloves, from last summer. I did sell my Swing back in the fall and really do miss it at times, but I love my V-Strom too. I still have the little Helix as it is just too good on gas which has come in handy here recently with the spiking gas prices. I was really shocked to see my picture up on the top of the site. It kind of startled me at first until I realized what it was. I sold my bike to a gentleman from Kentucky who may or may not be on this board. The funny thing is I never met him as I was at work and the wife completed the transaction. I hope all is going well with everyone here and that all are ready for a new season of riding. There is still a special place in my heart for these automatic scooters and at some point, I could go back to one in the future or a dual clutch automatic when they become more available. I took an MSF course to hone my shifting skills and I'm glad I did. I really found it helpful and it polished many of my skills up a great deal. I also met a lady that had decided that motorcycling wasn't for her as she struggled with the shifting. I introduced her scooters during the course and her face lit up when I told her that there are twist and go motorcycles that have the same street creds with great storage, styling, and protection as any motorcycle. I told her about the Silverwings and the Burgmans and mentioned that there were others. I did tell her though that for her height and stubby legs that she really ought to look at a Burgman 400. As a lower bike with enough power but not too much for a new rider, I told her that I thought it would fit her best. It is really cool to see how these little machines can get people to do something they never thought was possible and I still get excited whenever I see one pass by on the highway. Anyhow, hope all is well for everyone. If your riding in Northeast, TN and you see a yellow V-strom 650 cruising around, it may very well be me and unlike many of the Harley Folks, I'll always wave to a rider on a scoot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Forum picture. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Forum picture.   New Forum picture. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Forum picture.
Page 1 of 1