Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!

Go down 
+6
KurtPerthWA
honda_silver
JeffR
MikeO
bigbird
DennisB
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  Empty
PostSubject: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi All,

It may look like winter outside your door, where you are...The good news is SPRING is just around the cornner. Just hang in there. sunny

71F is what the high will be here in Glenpool, OK....Next week they say SNOW!!! No

I think this is some kind of record here for this date. cheers
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Nice. Are you going to ride today, Dennis?

We got 5" of snow this morning, and the temp will fall to -25F over the weekend. Not nice. I will NOT be riding anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:20 pm

I've just returned from 11 days in the Canary Islands (Gran Canaria) - mid-70s every day.
It was lovely.
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Hey Guys,

A REAL man would ride in 10" of snow wearing only shorts and a t-shirt!!!

Mike,

I was going to go to the Canary Islands once...but I'm afraid of birds. chickendance
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:46 pm

JeffR wrote:

When I was younger ....

I rode home quite a few times in the snow to get home ( I do not remember how many inches) while wearing a t-shirt and long pants .... under a snow mobile suit ... does that count Razz

Now I prefer to not to see snow except on the TV.
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 12:04 am

Its only 40C here with 120% humidity, been that for a few days, tomorrow we get hit with a Cat 3 cyclone here in Perth.

Better hatten the batches and lug the roof. 100kph winds and lots of rain. Predictions are it will decline to a cat1 by the time it hits the coast.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:52 am

[quote="DennisB"]Hi All,

It may look like winter outside your door, where you are...The good news is SPRING is just around the cornner. Just hang in there. sunny

71F is what the high will be here in Glenpool, OK

It was 75 here yesterday, got out for a short ride, 55 miles through the back roads.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:16 am

Windrider, I like that new avatar. Very creative.
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:23 am

DennisB wrote:
Windrider, I like that new avatar. Very creative.

Thanks, My Wife did that, I ain't that smart.
Back to top Go down
midlifecrisis (Paul)
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
midlifecrisis (Paul)

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2010-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:25 pm

honda_silver wrote:
JeffR wrote:

When I was younger ....

I rode home quite a few times in the snow to get home ( I do not remember how many inches) while wearing a t-shirt and long pants .... under a snow mobile suit ... does that count Razz

Now I prefer to not to see snow except on the TV.

Eeee them were the days.

Back in the early 70's I had Lambretta Li 125 and rode it to work (in office attire and a Parker) in all weathers including snow. There were many a time that I would arrive suffering from snow blindness, wasn't very nice No

I used to wear ex Post Office mits with a hole cut in it so I could hold my cigar as I was riding along Smile
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Windrider, You were smart enough to marry a smart, gifted women. That shows me your smart. cheers

Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Pha!! Its been a balmy 37 degrees F. here in Exeter all day, so Sally and I decided not to let the good weather go to waste and broke out the BBQ!

Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  P1290021

This the 'Man Grill', inspired by US Comic Tim Allen! I've been messing around in my workshop recycling all the bits of scrap etc. that I could find lying around.

I've had a lot of interest, which is nice as I plan to donate the money raised selling the, to BLESMA to support the riders section etc.

I'm really pleased actually, the grill has continued to be useable for in excess of 3 hours and gives off loads of heat Smile

Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  P1290030

Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  P1290020

A friend next door has spent the day with his father working on a Landrover Discovery project and I took the 'test sausages' around to warm them up, a little late Jay (neighbour) popped in and took one look and asked for one for his garden What a Face So it seems that I may have a market after all.

Typically, Sally doesn't want me to sell either the 'Man Grill', or the Brazier I made as well, maybe I won't - perhaps I'll keep them as demo pieces instead and make items to order.

Next project is a triple size 'Man Grill' - who says bigger isn't better LOL.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:01 pm

Hey Skippy, If they find a lorry with a missing wheel, they'll know where to look. I love home built rigs like that. Half the fun is figuring what it is made from. Good job.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 8:10 pm

Skippy, I'll be over in 10 minutes!!! Ya know what would be very cool to have attached to your grill is a rotisserie unit. SWEET!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
KurtPerthWA
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
KurtPerthWA

Number of posts : 1709
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:33 pm

Good one Skippy.
MMMnmmmm rotisseried roo meat... worth looking into.

OOOPs sorry" Skippy"

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:35 pm

midlifecrisis (Paul) wrote:
There were many a time that I would arrive suffering from snow blindness, wasn't very nice No

That happened to me many times too!

midlifecrisis (Paul) wrote:
I used to wear ex Post Office mits with a hole cut in it so I could hold my cigar as I was riding along Smile

I used a ex Post Office bag to hold my gear Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!    Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy Smokes!! It's 71F Today!!!
Page 1 of 1