Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Rear shock longevity
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby Mighty Mouse Today at 4:47 am

» Final Drive Noise banished
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 1:29 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 7:40 am

» What did you do to your SW today.
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:06 pm

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» peace, love and life
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:35 pm

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:58 am

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
first impressions I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

first impressions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
marco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-07-21

first impressions Empty
PostSubject: first impressions   first impressions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 12:49 pm

hi all, Today Ive been for a ride on my latest silverwing, it is an '08 with very low miles on, but it has lots of extras, and heres my impressions of the extras that was fitted by the previous owner.
Arrow end can- Im sure this can is much lighter than the stock can, without the baffle fitted it gives a nice deep throaty rasp, but not too loud, over 100 miles, it wasnt offending.
Ohlins shocks-, you might have read my thread in "for sale" (stock shocks for sale). The previous owner spent a fortune on these shocks, importing them from italy , and they do make the ride very smooth, with poor road conditions today I wasnt throwing the s/wing into bends , but the handling was very good, not that Ive ever found any reason to grumble about stock s/wing shocks,an improvement was noticable, but I think not enough to justify the £600 price tag. Shocked
Dinojet power-commander/ k+n air filter- with the arrow can fitted, the fuelling is perfect, which must be to do with the p/c set up, the power delivery is linear all the way up the rev range, Im impressed,after a fuel fill up I managed 70 miles on 5.6 litres of fuell, riding smooth but briskly.(what does that equate too in mpg??)
J,costs variator- By far the best bit of kit, has transformed the power delivery.
Hyper pro fork springs- my ride was smooth which Im sure was a bit to do with the fork springs, but as I said I didnt push the s/wing too much today.
Givi screen-last but not least, on a cold day like today, exellent, 60 mph with my visor open all day, great.
All these extras fitted by the previous owner have improved the s/wing to the extent that Im well chuffed with it, a big smile on my face today, but overall he spent just under £2.000 on the extras, inc a honda top box and a alarm, I personally wouldnt justify spending that much, its a lot of money for a limited improvement. But then again , I didnt pay for them, so Im very happy Smile
Back to top Go down
AAAA
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-14

first impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: first impressions   first impressions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Thats 47.319 Miles per gallon, if i did the math correctly. Which doesnt suck, considering the pipe and the power commander.

I wish ohlins make front tubes for the s-wing, or at least replacement guts!
Back to top Go down
marco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-07-21

first impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: first impressions   first impressions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 3:04 pm

cheers tagg Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

first impressions Empty
PostSubject: Re: first impressions   first impressions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

first impressions
Page 1 of 1