Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Today at 4:33 pm

» New member from Europe
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?

Go down 
+6
MaxB
honda_silver
Skippy
dspevack
bigbird
tankyuong
10 posters
AuthorMessage
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

Number of posts : 475
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? Empty
PostSubject: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:13 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250741381925&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:20 am

Install it?
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

Number of posts : 2008
Registration date : 2008-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:08 am

RTFM. (Read The F*ckin Manual)

Seriously. Install instructions should be available online if they did not come with the unit.
Once installed, go to your nearest authorized dynojet tuning center (on the dynojet website you can find a list of them in your area ) and have them make you a custom fuel/air map tuned for your preference (fuel economy or performance).
Although each bike is unique, and custom maps are the best, others with the PC may have maps they are willing to share with you. I assume you bought the one with the USB connection. You can even have several maps for different performance goals and switch them at will. Not just performance vs fuel economy, but also if there is a time of the year when you do a lot of high altitude riding, for instance.

Dan
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:40 am

I've gotta say thats one heck of an Ebay bargain - those things cost £297 across the board here in UK!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:44 am

dspevack wrote:
Install instructions should be available online if they did not come with the unit.

http://tinyurl.com/Power-Commander-FSC-600
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:03 am

Load the map of choice from pc before putting the unit on the scoot.
I used the Euro map. (better fuel mileage) and tweaked it a bit later on.

The instructions are very well laid out. Follow them.

MaxB
Back to top Go down
roadrunner
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
roadrunner

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:18 am

I also got a deal on a PCIII (USB), from a guy who bought one but never installed it before he traded his SWing on a Ninja 500 (no idea why he'd do that, but whatever). Got it for $50; never been opened. But the parts guy at my local Honda dealer said it was useless on a stock bike. Is that true, or was he just whacked because I didn't buy a new one from him? I've noticed a few guys are running the Euro map on a stock bike -- what kind of difference does it make? I'm currently getting 55ish MPG and I don't want to muck that up.

Also got a set of SWing wheels and tire from the same guy for free, so I think I'll be trying the darkside rear soon, if I can find someone who carries the Sumitomo. Thought I could swap it on for long interstate rides and still have a bike tire for the rest of the time without having to spoon the tires on and off. The best of both worlds, right?
Back to top Go down
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:09 am

Go to Disney World

- or -

The obvious...

bigbird wrote:
Install it?
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:36 pm

RoadRunner,
Not useless on a stock bike. Stock air fuel ratio can be improved upon.
The more you've beefed up the engine/exhaust the more dramatic the improvement.

Dan
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:35 pm

jdeereanton wrote:
Go to Disney World

- or -

The obvious...

bigbird wrote:
Install it?
You sure are sarcastic for being the admin. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:41 pm

"I bought a power commander on eBay. Now what?"

You read the instructions and install it.
What kind of answer did you expect?
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:57 pm

bigbird wrote:

How about you hook it up to the computer and choose the european map for starters, no need for sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
dspevack
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
dspevack

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:09 pm

tankyuong wrote:
bigbird wrote:

How about you hook it up to the computer and choose the european map for starters, no need for sarcasm.

Sarcasm isn't about need. Its just plain fun.
It's there for you to think,
"DOH! I can't believe I asked such a stupid question with such an obvious answer.
Oh well." and you laugh at your own mistake, and then restate the question or further clarify it to get the answer you want.

No harm done. We're all friends here.
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:57 pm

Its all fun if the key word is Funny, but its not, so since we are friends I will pretend to laugh and watch boring people on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Cosmic_Jumper
Site Admin
Cosmic_Jumper

Number of posts : 4416
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:01 pm

dspevack wrote:

Although each bike is unique, and custom maps are the best, others with the PC may have maps they are willing to share with you. I assume you bought the one with the USB connection. You can even have several maps for different performance goals and switch them at will. Not just performance vs fuel economy, but also if there is a time of the year when you do a lot of high altitude riding, for instance.

Dan,

Is it possible to switch between maps while riding?

Tim
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:14 pm

tankyuong wrote:

Then if you don't want sarcasm, then phrase your question like:

"OK, I read the instructions on installing and hooking up my new Power Commander. Anything else I need to know?"
Back to top Go down
tankyuong
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
tankyuong

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:31 am

bigbird wrote:
tankyuong wrote:

Then if you don't want sarcasm, then phrase your question like:

"OK, I read the instructions on installing and hooking up my new Power Commander. Anything else I need to know?"
Or how about hmmm I just won the item on ebay how the heck am I going telepathically read the manual before it gets shipped to me?
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 am

Cosmic_Jumper wrote:

Is it possible to switch between maps while riding?

The Dynojet LCD Display allows you to view real time Power Commander data, log data being displayed, and store and send maps to the Power Commander on the
fly.

I believe that would be the Dynojet LCD-100 ( http://www.dynojet.com/newdynojet/downloads/Default.aspx?ProdType=LCD ).

Last edited by honda_silver on Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:05 am

tankyuong wrote:
Or how about hmmm I just won the item on ebay how the heck am I going telepathically read the manual before it gets shipped to me?

That would have been good. Maybe someone would have then scanned and electronically sent you the manual, and this whole thread wouldn't have existed.
Back to top Go down
edbancro
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:02 pm

tankyuong wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250741381925&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Skippy wrote:
I've gotta say thats one heck of an Ebay bargain - those things cost £297 across the board here in UK!

I agree, that was an extremely good deal (whether you're in the UK or the US).

Seems like everyone I've read here or elsewhere have said that that "Euro stock map" is the best one to use if you have a stock bike and want to just load a pre-made one and ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?   Just bought power commmander on ebay now what? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just bought power commmander on ebay now what?
Page 1 of 1