Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Final Drive Noise banished
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 7:29 am

» Rear shock longevity
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby dovahkiin Today at 4:55 am

» Latest Observations On My New To Me 2004 SW
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby GHM-PM Yesterday at 1:40 pm

» What did you do to your SW today.
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 pm

» YSS rear shocks
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby StuartBrown Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:36 pm

» New to Me Swing
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Tbear Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 am

» SOLD 2004 Honda Silver Wing for sale, tastefully modded SOLD
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Rzor93 Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:29 pm

» peace, love and life
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby cello33 Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:35 am

» Fork specs, please help before 9/4/2024
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby Anders L Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:58 pm

» Forgive My Rookie Questions
1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeby AldusFran Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:16 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

1,000th member to join the site !!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-20

1,000th member to join the site !!! Empty
PostSubject: 1,000th member to join the site !!!   1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:00 am

Hi all,

We just got our 1,000th member a minute ago to our site. The site started on December 19th, 2008 and it is almost 2 years old now. As of now we have 21,295 posts and I would like to thank everyone that has been active in the site. It has stayed a very friendly site and I think we have only had to ban 1 or 2 members in the entire 2 years.

I would also like to thank Dennis B and Dale since they have been Administrators/Moderators since almost the very beginning. They have done a great job and are very instumental to the friendly and helpful way this site has run.

I would also like to thank all that have posted and contributed so much information since I know you have spent many of hours here. I really do think this is the friendlest SWing site on the net and I really appreciate it , and I'm sure Dennis and Dale do too.

It is kind of funny because the reason I started this site was because the www.maxi-scoot.com site and the www.silverwing.org site were both having system problems and I was concerned about all the Silver Wing info that was out there. It seems that it was not possible to get to those sites for some reason, and it concerned me since they both seemed to encounter problems at the same time. I'm sure they were totally isolated incidents but didn't want all this info to just disappear. Those same 2 sites are running just fine which is great news to the scooter world. Maxi-scoots.com is under new ownership and has had to go to a new format, but it is running great, and I encourage all of you to join that site. The silverwing.org site is still running along too and I also encourage you to visit that site as well.

But thanks so much for making this a nice place to visit and I really wish I could meet some of you. I'm sure we would really get along great. Again, Thanks !!!! :not worthy:
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: 1,000th member to join the site !!!   1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:42 am

The site is a reflection of the way you, Jeff and the Mods, Dennis and Dale, run it.

It is the premier Silverwing site and it is down to you for making it so. If not, then I guess it wouldn't be so popular!!!!!

Thanks again for giving us a warm refuge to escape to in a world that still thinks big wheels are best. (WE know they're wrong, don't we).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: 1,000th member to join the site !!!   1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:53 am

Amen,
This is a very "comfortable" site to come to regardless of your skill level. No one gets overly excited about repeated questions/requests for data, etc. In short, everyone just "gets along" due to the calm administration of the site. Thanks to y'all.

By the way; I just tried the link to maxiscoot.com and it returned nothing; any idea why?
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: 1,000th member to join the site !!!   1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 7:18 am

[quote="DickO"]Amen,
This is a very "comfortable" site to come to regardless of your skill level. No one gets overly excited about repeated questions/requests for data, etc. In short, everyone just "gets along" due to the calm administration of the site. Thanks to y'all.

I couldn't agree with you more Dick. I've only been around for about two months but I'm learning a lot. Enjoying, all the different topics. Helps pass the time until I can get back out on my SW. Good Job: JeffR, Dennis and Dale.

Happy Holidays Everyone santa . Be safe.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1,000th member to join the site !!!   1,000th member to join the site !!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1,000th member to join the site !!!
Page 1 of 1