Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Beyond Valor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:10 am

Beyond Valor

Written by Dennis Berney, 2010 (Not edited).

Betty opened her eyes as a huge artillery shell landed not more then 200 feet from the shallow shell crater where she was catching her breath, the explosion sent her into the air six inches and dust filled the air all around her like a dense fog in her small hiding place.

She reached down to her ammo pack and it was empty and then she felt the last hand grenade she had with her. “This will have to do it… This is all I have” she told herself as she crawled forward to the edge of the shell crater that she concealed herself in.

“I need to make this good” she told herself. “No second chance” and unhooked her combat gear belt and withdraw her fighting knife from its scabbard, pulled the pin on the grenade and waited.

She could hear the enemy machine gun firing, TAT-TAT-TAT, not more then a few yards away and the sounds of the excided enemy soldier’s voices.

She waited till she thought they needed to add another can of ammo to their machine gun.

NOW! She jumped up and started racing toward the enemy machine gun crew placement.

They saw her coming and started to reach for their side arms. The look on their faces was of surprise and horror as this Silverwing Army Ranger raced toward them with a knife and grenade.

Betty rolled toward the machine gun placement and dropped the grenade right on them. A shot rang out and went through her right mirror and then… the sound of the grenade exploding behind her sent her flying through the air and landing on another enemy solider laying on the ground a few yards behind the machine gun.

She quickly dispatched this young enemy bike with her combat knife. He did not make a sound when she pulled her knife from his lifeless body… And then she waited.

She lay there, next to the enemy soldier she just killed, resting. The smell of death filled her as she stayed still….Waiting… Resting, listening to the night and the battle going on around her.

Her thoughts went back to the training she received as an Army Ranger…. Seemed like a lifetime ago to her.

“Ruff training, but well worth it” she thought to herself.

It was peace time then. Real combat seemed like….well… it was never going to happen.

“Boy was I wrong” she whispered to herself….and the minutes pasted….

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 10:29 am

She heard voices…. She raised herself just enough to take a look over the lifeless body of the enemy soldier she just killed.

It was a couple of her fellow Rangers looking at the machine gun crew she just blew up.

“BETTY!..You still with us?” One of them called out to her and rolled over to help her up.

“YEAH!…Your just too mean too get killed…Nice work buy the way” as he helped her up. “Looks like you just might get the Silver Star for this.” She looked into the face of the young officer and said “You can keep the metal Sir….Lets just win this war and go home”.

“Don’t try to win this war all buy your self!” he said as he held out a full magazine to her.

Betty just smiled and took the magazine of ammo “Thank you Sir” and rolled back to the small shell crater where she left her rifle and the rest of her combat gear.

BIZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

“DAM…Morning so soon…..I just wish those memories would go away and stay out of my dreams. So many years ago and they seem like yesterday”.

Betty opened her eyes a just little and saw a huge, black, wet nose and the wagging tail of her dog not more than an inch from her face and….SPALT, SPLAT, one very wet tongue ran across her face.

BOSCO!!…Give me a few minutes…Please!

She reached up and turned off the alarm clock.

Bosco was dancing all around on the floor in front of her bed. “OK, OK…Give me a second and I’ll get up and get you some breakfast.

Bosco ran out of the room to get his empty food bowl like he did every morning.

The morning sun was starting to fill the room as she threw back her covers and got her wheels under her.

Bosco ran back into her bedroom, tail wagging and a big dog food bowl in his mouth.

“OK, OK…Let’s get you some breakfast, big boy”

Bosco ran back out to the kitchen, Betty just a few steps behind…

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:06 pm

Very intriguing story. I have to assume this was an invasion of home soil as Silver Wings weren't around during the WW2 or either of the "conflicts".

Anyway. I like it.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 pm

Thank you Hardcore Rider. Have you gotten a chance to read my other stories? Spelling and grammer are out the window but the stories are good. The first one is called "Scooters - a time for heroes"

https://www.silverwing600.com/general-chat-f12/scooters-time-for-heroes-t788.htm?highlight=scooters+++a+time

Then the second in the advenures of Ben and Vespa and it is called "It was the night before Christmas"

https://www.silverwing600.com/general-chat-f12/it-was-the-night-before-christmas-t1024.htm?highlight=night+before

and the last story is "the gold of the marinette"

https://www.silverwing600.com/general-chat-f12/the-gold-of-the-marinette-non-edited-t1063.htm?highlight=gold+of+the

I have work to get done in my shop but some times its just to cold to even touch metal let alone to work with it. So when I get up in the morning and have my first cup of coffee, I write stores for all of you to read. Enjoy. sunny
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:34 am

Bosco was fed and the coffee was made. Betty poured herself a cup and rolled out onto the overlook patio portion of her garage/cabin and breathed deep the cool morning air.

“A beautiful fall morning in the canyon, what do you say Bosco”?

Bosco, now full of breakfast, slowly walked out onto the patio, over to where Betty was standing, looking down the canyon, and he nuzzled his big broad head into her side to let her know, he was happy.

Smoke rose from the fireplaces of her neighbor’s garage chimneys, columns barley disturbed, raised from the heavy forest below.

The hard wood trees were starting to change color and the mountain air had a crisp feel to it. Winter would soon arrive and things needed to be done.

Betty took a long slow sip off her coffee and watched the steam roll and swirl in the cold morning air above her cup.

The road that twisted and ran through the canyon below, ended at her garage door. Her Parents, Ben and Vespa, owned this canyon and built the garage/cabin that she now calls “Journeys End”.

“Bosco, I need to go to town and order the food and supplies were going to need this winter and when I get back, we need to get more firewood ready for this winter.”

Bosco raised his big head looked at her. “I know you want to run along side me into town, but you need to stay and guard our home this time.” O.K. The big dog laid down and dropped his big head onto his outstretched front leg.

The last visit to the veterinarian showed a heart problem starting and Bosco needed to take it a little easier from now on.

The garage door was closed and Betty started the journey down the canyon and into town. She looked in her mirror and saw Bosco standing in front of the garage with a sad look on his face.

She looked back to the twisty road ahead and was on her way….

© DennisB 2010

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:26 am

“This had to be one of the finest roads ever made” Betty was thinking. 10 ½ miles of some of the best twisties and scenery like no other on earth.

“WHAT A BEAUTHFUL MORNING” she shouted as she reached the first curve in the road.

Her father had this road built for fun and speed and every curve was banked. 22 of the tightest hairpin curves and some slow “S” curves. She loved every one of them.

“A little bit more gas” as she leaned into the first bend effortlessly and soon past the drive way of her closest neighbor and soon was across the river bridge, the half way point on the road.

She could feel the air start to warm as the road started its decent into the small valley below.

Smoke from the morning fireplaces, filled the air of the small town that was just waking up. Street lights were just going out when she reached the towns edge.

“A fresh tank of gas and some of “Lu-Lu’s coffee and a home made cinnamon roll, sure sounds good to me” Betty was thinking as she slowly rolled down the tree lined Main Street.

Lights in the shops were just starting to come on as she slowly rolled buy.

For all the years she lived up in the canyon, at Journey’s End, this little town has never changed. Some of the friendliest bikes and scooters God ever put on the planet live here…and it’s always been like that.

“OK…there it is, Reds Scooter Fuel - Best Darn Gas in the Valley” so the sign said. The truth is, Reds is the only gas station in the valley and always been, Betty thought to herself.

Betty rolled to the pump and started to fill her tank.

Red, an old Harley Sportster, looked out his front window and quickly came out to greet his first customer of the day.

“Welcome Betty, been a while… How’s things up in the canyon” as he rolled over to her?

“Doing good Red, just in town to get a few things for the winter coming up” Betty replied.

“Where’s that big dog of yours…Seems funning not to see him with you…You and him are a team… Is he OK” asked Red?

Yeah, he’s OK but he needs to take it a little easier these days because of his age” Betty replied.

“Is Lu-Lu’s still open” asked Betty?

“I just got back from there a few minutes ago….Funny thing thou, now that you reminded me…A few days ago, a stranger in town was asking about you at Lu-Lu’s. I can’t remember his name, but he said he was one of your Army buddies during the war” Red added.

“Army buddy…I wonder who the hell that is” She asked herself….

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:31 am

“Thanks Red” Betty handed Red the cash for the fill-up and she was on her way to Lu-Lu’s.

Lu-Lu’s was a small, warm, little diner on the other side of town. Betty’s dad used to take her there when she was just a little scooter. Always a warm fire going on cold fall and winter days and some of the best coffee and home made cinnamon rolls in the valley.

“Just a few more blocks…Yeah, there it is” Betty just loved the big sign over the front door. “Come on in for the best smiles in town” Betty smiled as she entered the front door.

“HEY BETTY…GOOD MORNING” the crowd called out as she entered! Seemed like half the town was here.

“Good morning everyone” she called back as she tried to find a place to park close to the fire place.

“DOG GONE IT, MAKE ROOM FOR HER” a very familiar voice shouted out from the corner.

It was Lu-Lu! A sea mist green Indian motorcycle with a hart as big as the valley.

Betty rolled across the crowed dinner and gave her a hug. Lu-Lu was like a mother to Betty when her real mother passed away some years back.

“Where you been girl… I missed you” Lu-Lu voice crackled with tears of joy as she hugged Betty back.

For just a moment they looked at each other and then hugged again.

“Betty… we need to talk…If you have time” Lu-Lu whispered to Betty.

“Sure, I have time…But I sure would like some of your coffee” Betty said.
“Lu-Lu smiled as she looked into Betty’s eyes and said “Come with me to the kitchen”…

© DennisB 2010

Last edited by DennisB on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 9:48 am

Lu-Lu and Betty rolled through the double swinging doors at the back of the diner.

When Betty was very young, she thought this room was a magic place with all the great things to eat coming out of it.

The kitchen area was very clean and the entire room was painted white. A small table was to the right of the doors and had a coffee urn and a plate of cinnamon rolls and Lu-Lu rolled over to it.

Lu-Lu turned around and looked at Betty “I saw you come in the front door girl” and then she smiled. “Come on over and have some coffee with me…Best table in the house”.

It took Betty all of a split second to find herself at the table. A team of wild horses couldn’t keep her away.

After a few minutes of coffee and some of the best cinnamon rolls in the world, Lu-Lu asked “where’s that big dog of yours…seem like he was with you every where you went for the last few years?”

“Oh, he’s back at Journeys End standing guard at the garage door.” Betty took another sip of coffee.

Lu-Lu looked over at Betty with a serious look on her face. “Honey, the reason I needed to talk with you alone is a stranger was in here a few days ago and was asking about you and where you could be found” she looked into Betty’s eyes “No one told him so he left and said he would be back”.

“He said he was an old Army buddy of yours and he just wanted to say hello to you” Lu-Lu added.

“What did this fellow look like” Betty asked?

“He was a Silverwing, like you, and was painted dark metallic gray…Do you know him” Lu-Lu asked with concern in her voice.

“He told us his name…Let’s see…I wrote it down and put it on my Remembering Board” Lu-Lu rolled over to old cork pin board that was hung on the wall, next to the swinging doors.

The Remembering Board was covered with old and new photos and small notes from the events gone buy in the dinner.

“Here it is” she removed the pin from a small piece of paper brought it over to the table.

“Captain Smith…Torrance “Tory” Smith, was his name” Lu-Lu looked up from the small piece of paper.

“Do you remember him” Lu-Lu asked concern in her voice?

“Yes I do remember him…He presented me with the Silver Star and the Purple Hart after a ground battle…I knocked out a machine gun placement and sniper…the sniper shot me in the mirror” Betty held up her right mirror.

“Lu-Lu, next time he comes in…tell him of where I can be found… and thanks… He’s really a great guy and he is one of my Army Ranger buddies”…

© DennisB 2010

Last edited by DennisB on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:15 am

Betty and Lu-Lu finished the plate of cinnamon rolls and the urn of coffee.

“Lu-Lu, you’re the best “ Betty whispered as she gave Lu-Lu a final hug at the front door of the diner.

“I’ll be back after winter to visit” Betty called out to all and then closed the door behind her.

The mid morning air outside the diner still had a bit of a chill to it but felt good to her.

She as rode through the streets of her favorite little town she noticed the bikes and scooters were starting to come out of their garages to take care of whatever morning business needed doing. All waved and said hello.

“Let me see… The general store was just down the street …there it is …and the OPEN sign was on” and she went in.

Betty finished ordering all the supplies that she and Bosco would need for the winter and arranged for a truck to deliver her order when everything came in a couple of days from now.

“Thanks Bill” she shouted back to the store owner as she opened the front door of the general store and stepped outside.

Betty thought to herself “is there any thing…A big raw hide chew bone for Bosco”. She went back in store and found the dog chew bones and took it to the counter to pay for it. Bill was no where in sight.

“BILL” she shouted and no one answered. “BILL” she shouted again and still no response.

“That’s strange” she thought to her self "He was just here".

Betty just left the money on the counter for Bosco’s chew bone and a short note and headed for home now that all the things she needed to get done in town, was done. She looked forward to this ride home on the beautiful afternoon.

Little did she know, her life was about to change in a big way….

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:00 am

That afternoon the sun shine felt wonderful to Betty as she made her way home. The warm roads made for excellent traction on the tisties in the canyon and Betty took full advantage of it.

Mile buy mile she made her way home and soon she was all most there….. “That’s funny” she said to herself as she looked around the last curve.

The garage door was standing open and Bosco was no where in sight “very strange”.

She got closer and then her Army Ranger training kicked in and a voice of warning told her to be on guard for anything that might be a threat.

She turned off her motor and grabbed a hard wood tree branch from a pile next to the garage. She looked to see the position of the sun so she would know her shadow was so it would not give her position away and maybe help from its bright glare to blind a possible opponent if needed.

She moved silently and slowly around the edge of the garage, listening and waiting for any movement around her.

Her heart pounded and she could feel the adrenalin peeking in her system. She was ready for what ever comes at her.

Betty got close the ground and took a quick peek around the corner into the backyard and saw a flat black painted bike standing next to her back door not more then 4 meters away.

She quietly picked up a small stone and tossed it to the other side of the black bike.

He looked and then turned his back to Betty.

Betty sprang silently around the corner, like a soft summer wind with the furry of a tornado, she was on him.

One swing is all it took and this black bike was down. From her training she knew just where to hit him to bring him down.

Betty quickly searched the downed bike and found a 9mm automatic pistol and extra clip of ammo and a small 2 way radio. “No identification… that’s normal for this type of operation” she thought.

The black bike started to move and she hit him again “he’ll be out for a while this time” she thought to herself.

She then moved slowly up the steps to her back door and quietly turned the knob…and the door opened.

Just then she heard a whizzing sound and a light pinching feeling in her back and then one in her front that came from the darkness of the open back door.

Betty felt light headed and then stared to fall over backward….then someone caught her just before she hit the ground and laid her down gently.

She was hit with two or more tranquilizer darts and she knew it and there was nothing she could do.

As she was placed on the ground at the bottom of the back door stairs, she glanced up, for a moment, into the blackened face of Captain Tory….. And then she was out….

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:28 am

Darkness is all Betty saw while she was tranquilized except those momentary flashs of being at circus.

She woke…She was on her left side. The front part of her was on a straw matt of some kind and the rear of her frame was hosted in air, a few inches, so she couldn’t get traction to right herself.

Betty looked around, she was in a cold, dark, damp cave...A familiar voice suddenly came out of the darkness.

“Betty…glad to see you’re finally awake” the voice said. A torch was struck and it blinded Betty for a moment.

The bright torch filled the cave with light and Betty could see most of the cave interior and her captors.

Three bikes painted flat black and the one with the torch was Captain Tory.

“CUT ME DOWN….NOW” Betty demanded “AND WHEN YOU DO, I’M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS”

“Betty before I free you… You need to listen to me and you need to listen well, Ranger” Captain Tory spoke as he rolled around her slowly holding the lighted torch.

“Go on” Betty said with a calm demeanor. She really wanted the Captain’s ECM on the end of a sharp stick over a fire.

“Betty… first, I apologize to you for this intrusion into your life. Your dog is being taken care of by your friend Lu-Lu, back in the valley. WE needed you Betty, your nation needed you and that’s why your here” Captain Tory voice was firm in its resolve.

“So you kidnapped me…Just took me from my home” Betty was furious! "CUT ME DOWN" She demanded.

“You are the best…And one more thing” the Captain leaned close the Betty’s face. “We know where he is” the Captain whispered to her.

Betty stopped and looked deep into Captain Tory’s face “you know where he is” she whispered back.

“Yes…but we can’t get close to him…and that’s where you come in Betty” he placed the burning torch into an iron holder in the cave wall and then Captain Tory rolled away into the darkness.

“Buy the way…Welcome to border Mountain region of Afghanistan” The Captain said as he flipped open the cloth door covering the cave entrance.

The bright Sun light blinded her for a moment... “Welcome to the my Special Operations Team Betty…Cut her down” The Captain ordered as he left the cave.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 5:29 pm

Captain Tory finished his tasks and was just about to open the cave cover when he overheard Betty with one of his men.

“YOU SHOT MY SWEET DOG WITH A TRAQUILIZER DART…YOU LOW LIFE”

The Captain flipped opened the cave cover and what he found was a little more then what he expected would happen.

Betty had one ops bike hanging from the torch holder and he looked unconscious, the other was is in the same position she was in when she woke up and the other looked like he was trying to get out of the cave opening when she took him down and had a knife pressed into him.

“BETTY STAND DOWN” the Captain yelled! “RIGHT NOW”!

Betty looked up at Captain Tory “OK…but this SOB shot my dog with a tranquilizer dart, SIR”

“WE had to Betty…Your dog was as fierce as you…and we had to dart you twice” the Captain yelled!

“Let him up and let’s get started” Betty through the knife at sack of rice next to the wall and it landed on target with much force.

“Now let’s go Betty…Sergeant cut those men down for heavens sake” the Captain ordered.

Betty and the Captain rolled out the cave.

© DennisB 2010

Last edited by DennisB on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Major Blain stood back from the morning light coming through the single window in his one room, mud walled, apartment, over looking the main street of the city of Parachinar located on a small pinnacle of Pakistan that stuck into the hart of Afghanistan like a dagger.

He worked in the local carpet weaving shop in the evenings and went by the Pakistani name of Omie.

His intelligence mission was to keep track of any unusual traffic in town and report back any useful information to U.S. Army intelligence. Five weeks earlier he saw something that made all this time without a cheeseburger worth while. He saw him….Ben laden, walking down main street surrounded by his followers shouting anti American slogans and he followed the crowd.

He spoke fluent Pakistani and with his long beard and regional clothing, fit right in to his environment. Was not an easy life, but necessary to get this murdering, global tyrant, once and for all.

There was a light knock on his door and he looked over at the shadow of two small wheels under the bottom door edge…

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:01 am

“Isho…I’m coming” Major Blain spoke in Pakistani as he rolled to the locked door which he quickly unbolted and then opened.

Isho was the son of the woman that Major Blain worked with at the carpet factory and was always offering to help his friend Omie.

“Omie, good morning” the young boy spoke. “I was going to the market for my mother and was wondering if you needed anything while I was there” Isho said with a big smile on his young face.

“Let me see...A small bag of coffee and salt would be wonderful” the Major said as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a 500 Rupee paper bill and handed it to Isho.

“And like always…If there is any change…Please give it to your mother” Isho smiled and very quickly rolled off to get the best deal he could at the open air market, a few blocks away.

The Major watched his young friend roll off, up the street and then closed the door and relocked it.

The Major knew he was needed to report in today and needed to take a short ride to the where he had a cell phone and extra battery hidden under a small pile of stones.

He took a short nap and soon came a light tapping on the door that woke him form a dream of his family back in the states. He quickly got up and rolled to the door.

“You must be like the wind...You are so fast...” The Major said as he opened the door expecting to see his young friend Isho with the coffee and salt.

It was the local police standing at his door and they wanted to talk to him.

“Can I help you” he asked as he held open the door. The officer held up the plastic bag with the cell phone and battery…”YES” said the officer. “You can”…

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 am

Captain Tory and Betty moved along a narrow mountain ledge that opened up in to a flat rocky staging area about the size of ½ a football field. Various sizes wooden crates of food and water stacked off to one side and one Blackhawk helicopter covered to blend into the indigenous soil and rocks of the mountain. Stacks camouflaged fuel drums were on the other side of the landing.

Another Blackhawk with a large portable generator hanging from its bottom was about to land and dust and small rocks were starting to fly with great force from the propwash.

“Follow me” the Captain yelled to Betty as they quickly rolled to another cave entrance.

This cave was well lit and had tables in its center with laptop computers. Large white boards and large local terrain maps covered the walls of the cave.

“Make your self comfortable, Betty” the Captain told her “We have a new, more powerful generator being delivered and I need to be there” and then he rolled out the cave entrance.

A fresh pot of coffee was being brewed. A plate of packaged cinnamon roles were on a plate next to the coffee machine.

Betty rolled over to get some coffee.

“This isn’t Lu-Lu’s…But this will do” she said to herself as she poured herself a hot cup of coffee.

With her coffee and cinnamon roll, she moved over to one of the laptop computers and entered the web sight of Lu-Lu’s Diner.

What came up took her by surprise. It was a large picture of Bosco’s smiling face with caption of “I miss you…Be safe and come home soon.” and then another picture came onto the screen. It was Bosco, Lu-Lu, and the rest of the gang at the diner in front of the fire place with a banner that read “GIVE THEM HELL BETTY”

Tears came to Betty’s eyes….

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 10:59 am

Betty closed the laptop and started to roll over to get another cup of coffee when the lights went out and she was in the dark.

She rolled over to the cave entrance and saw that the Blackhawk had just landed and the new generator was being moved into to position as the old was being removed.

In just minutes the new generator was on line and the lights came flickering back on in the cave.

The Captain waved to the Army technical team than they re-boarded the helicopter.

“Those technical teams sure know their stuff and get the job done quick” the Captain yelled to Betty as the Blackhawk hovered over the old generator for a moment for hook-up and then was soon gone.

Captain Tory rolled over to the cave entrance where Betty waited “Sorry for the interruption…We’ve been waiting for a new generator for over a month.” As he rolled buy Betty.

“OK… Here is what we have” the Captain rolled over to a large map on the wall.

“We have…Please take notes, memorize them and leave them here…We have an observer in the small border city of Parachinar, in Pakistan, a Major Blain, US Army Special Forces, and he goes by the Pakistani name of Omie...he's come up missing".

Betty rolled over to the coffee machine and filled her cup.

“It’s your job to go and get him back…and if you can…locate and terminate Ben laden”.

The Captain looked at Betty for a moment “Betty…this might be a suicide mission, so make sure all your paperwork is in order before the start of this.”

Betty rolled over to the map and looked at Parachinar then back to the Captain “When will I be leaving” she asked?

“In the morning, so get your gear, food, and some rest…it’s going to be a long day for you…” then the Captain rolled out of the cave.

Betty stood there a few minutes and studied the map… “Parachinar” she whispered to herself…

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 10:02 am

Betty ate dinner that evening and got to bed early. She only asked for a knife and a canteen of water. A small electric transponder signal device with an emergence extract button was installed under the lid of her right glove box, for when the time came to get the Major and herself, the hell out of Parachinar.

Information of where the Major’s last address was given to her to be memorized and then destroyed.

She got to bed early that night and slept soundly. The nights in Afghanistan are cold and dark but she was OK in the cave and the cot that was assigned to her.

The next morning she woke at 4:00 AM and was ready to start her mission after a hot breakfast and some coffee.

The Blackhawk helicopter was warming up as she left the mess hall.

The Captain was talking to the pilot of the Blackhawk through a headset when Betty rolled up. She quickly handed the Captain her Last Will Testament and insurance papers.

The Captain saluted Betty and then the pilot. Betty just nodded back as she climbed onboard the helicopter and was quickly fitted with a repelling harness and was secured to the floor buy the ground crew and the doors were closed.

The Captain rolled away from the Blackhawk and the engine started to gain in RPM. Soon the big air taxi was in the air and shortly after words went dark. This was a Black Operations Mission Taxi. Betty could not see the pilot except for the soft green glow of his night vision glasses.

Betty was handed a headset and she put them on.

“Welcome to Air Afghanistan, Betty” the pilot said over the headset.

“We need to get you hooked onto the repelling line…In about 20 minutes the doors will open and you will get a green light to roll out the door…Good luck and Gods Speed to you on this mission… lets get you hooked up and please remove the headset before you leave the door.

Betty felt someone connect her jump harness and remove her floor securing straps. Betty looked to see who it was…she was looking into the face of the sergeant she had on the cave floor. He winked at her and said over the headset “Betty, I’d be pissed off to if someone shot my dog with a tranquillizer dart…sorry” and then he smiled and removed the headset off Betty.

Betty was ready…she stood there alone in the dark, looking through the frosted and frozen door window…thinking about home…

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 1:45 pm

Betty could see the faint morning sunrise off to the East and the snow topped mountain tops the Blackhawk was flying over. “Looks like some ruff country to me” she said to herself.

Just then the helicopter started to descend into a small valley. Betty could see trees and large, rocky boulders.

The Blackhawk door came open…the wind almost swept her out the door and the noise was defining. She waited.

Soon a small light next to the door switched from red to green and she was out the door.

She wasted no time starting her decent down the line. She was almost to the ground when a ground to air missile hit the Blackhawk’s left landing strut and she was showered with burning debris.

The helicopter started to move off with Betty still hanging and attached to the line.

“Dame It” yelled Betty as she tried to release the harness straps.

Finally… the harness became loose and Betty fell 6 feet to the ground below.

She looked up at the wounded Blackhawk as it made a sharp evasive maneuver. It was still in the air and moved off quickly with the repel line still hanging beneath it.

Things went very still and quiet as Betty rolled to a hidden defensive position…combat knife drawn.

She waited in the dim morning light …

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:05 am

Major Blain looked at the cell phone and battery that the police officer held out to him.

“Allah be praised… you found my cell phone” are the only words the Major could come with at the moment.

“It’s been missing ever since I went for a walk last week…Where did you find it” the Major asked as he reached for the phone.

“Not so fast” and then the officer pulled the phone back. “We need to find out if this phone is really yours” the officer smiled.

“What was the last call you made on the phone just before you lost it” the police officer asked.

“I believe it was a call to my uncle in Afghanistan” said the Major.

The police officer looked into the Majors face “So what number was that” he asked in a cautious voice.

The Major told the officer the phone number and the police officer pulled the phone out of the plastic bag and opened it to see what the last number called was on the phone.

“The officer looked at the number and then back at the Major “That’s correct” as he quickly moved to one side of the door and the other two officers behind him rushed the Major and grabbed hold of him and took him to the floor. They put a set of wheel chains on him.

The Major looked up at the officer holding the phone “Wasn’t that the correct number” he asked as he was being lifted from the floor.

“Yes it was…but this is not your uncles number, now is it” and the officer smiled and said “TAKE HIM”.

As the Major was being taken away, he saw his young friend Isho come around the corner of the building with the coffee and salt. The Major quickly looked into Isho eyes and shook his head no.

Isho watched as his friend was taken away in chains buy the police.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:24 pm

Betty waited for a few minutes in her hiding place, listening for the Taliban that launched the RPG (Rocket Propelled Grande) at the Blackhawk, she just repelled from.

She knew they would be looking for the wreckage of the helicopter close to where she was hiding. She waited…knife ready.

All was quiet and Betty was just about to put her combat knife back in the scabbard when she heard the voices of three Taliban fighters approaching from behind her.

Down the side of the hill they came. Talking and laughing as they rolled toward her.

If they discovered her…she would dispatch them…she waited and slowly folded her mirrors in, not to attract attention.

She was ready….

They walked right on buy her…talking and looking at the ground for helicopter debris.

Her place of concealment was good, she thought to her self.

One stopped and said “LOOK…OVER THERE” they found Betty’s repelling harness and started to look around on the rocky ground for tracks, but no tracks were found and before long they moved off down the valley.

Betty breathed out the air she was holding in…”That was close…to close” she said to her self.

Slowly and with great care, she followed the three Taliban fighters.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:01 am

The cold morning air turned to a cool afternoon as Betty followed the three Taliban fighters down the small valley.

She was heading south and that’s the direction she needed to go to get to the city of Parachinar.

The three Taliban fighters stopped several times to take cigarette breaks, water and to call in for instructions from some far off Taliban chieftain.

Two carried AK-47’s and one with the RPG launcher over his shoulder. All were not trained or had no or very little time in the military buy the way they moved and carried their weapons.

Betty watched, followed and listened. She knew a few words of regional Pakistani language and picked up a few things the three talked about as they made their way.

Soon it was late afternoon the three fighters settled in for the night and built a small fire to warm them selves and have a meal. One was chosen to stand the first watch as the other got some sleep.

Betty discovered an eatable berry bush and she also brought along a couple of trail oats and honey bars and some beef jerky and had a few bites with some water. “Dinner” she said to herself as she sat in the dark.

She found a good spot to rest for the night and covered herself with small scrub brush branches and leaves to stay warm.

The next morning was very cold. The three Taliban fighters moved off down the valley and did not put out their morning camp fire. Betty warmed herself next to it for a few minutes before starting out and then followed the three down into foot hills that were just north of Parachinar.

She would be in the city tomorrow night, she thought to herself as she rolled along. Hot food and a warm place to sleep sounded good to Betty.

She found a high point on the trial to look to see where the three Taliban fighters were.

Slowly she moved to a good position and looked down the trail.

“That’s funny…They were gone” she thought.

CLIK…CLIK

The sound of the firing safeties being taken off AK-47’s assault rifles came from behind her.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:37 am

Betty froze for a moment and then slowly started to move down the large rock she was on and unsnapped the combat knifes safety strap she was carrying.

She had under estimated the Taliban fighters, she was following, and now she was a captive, she was thinking.

Betty slowly turned around….It was a young scooter with a rifle pointed at her.

“Are you Betty” the young boy asked in Pakistani?

Betty looked surprisingly at the young scooter and said “Yes…I’m Betty”.

“My name is Isho…A friend of Omie the American Major that lives in my apartment building.

Isho lowered his rifle and put the safety back on.

“Iso, I’m very happy to make your acquaintance” whispered Betty and then Isho smiled.

Betty got close to the young boy and whispered “We need to be quiet… there are Taliban nearby us.

Isho looked at Betty and said “Yes, I saw them as they walked by me not more five minutes ago…They did not see me hiding” Isho smiled.

“Isho, I like you…You remind me of when I was your age…We need to get going now” Betty whispered.

Isho agreed with a nod and they started down the trail.

Isho was in the lead…”He knows this land” Betty was thinking.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Isho and Betty followed the trail down the valley until noon and then decided to take a brake for a quick meal and some rest.

Betty shared the rest of her honey oat bars, beef jerky, and water with Isho. They picked a hiding place away from the main trail and could see if anyone was coming up or down the trail for some 200 feet.

“You know the Major…I mean Omie” Betty asked then corrected herself.

“Yes” said Isho. “Ever since the Taliban killed my father he has helped my mother and me. We would be out on the street… like beggars, if he had not helped my mother get a job at the carpet factory…we own him allot more then most people can imagine…and he’s my best friend” he proudly added.

They finished the quick meal.

“We need to get going….soon night will come and we can get into town undetected” said Isho.

Isho stopped in front of Betty before they got underway and turned around. “The man on the other end of the phone number, Omie told me to call if something happened to him, told me that a great women worrier named Betty was being sent”….Isho looked deep into Betty’s face and he had tears welling up in his young eyes…I’m so happy you are here Betty” and he gave Betty a hug and she hugged him back.

“Lets get your friend back Isho” Betty said and down the trail they went.

© DennisB 2010

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:34 pm

The weather was starting to change on the southern side of the mountain range north of the city Parachinar. A light rain changed over to heavy snow fall and they needed to leave the trail because of the tracks left in the freshly fallen snow.

Still they moved on and the snow was starting to get deep and going cross country was getting a bit difficult for them.

The Sun was just about to set when a small mud hut was spotted and the two moved in to see what if any shelter and warmth could be gotten there.

Betty quietly moved around the left side of the hut and looked through a broken window. The interior looked like it was not used for some time. A small fire pit was at the center of the room.

Betty called Isho over to her and asked if he could gather some dry kindling and wood from the near by trees that surrounded the hut on all sides.

After entering, Betty found an old tarp and cut it up into smaller pieces to cover both the windows and the door opening.

Isho returned with a good amount of dry fire wood and a small fire was started.

Outside the hut the snow started to fall even heavier and the dark, cold, snowy night closed in around them.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:26 am

Betty and Isho talked most of the night. The warm fire felt good after being cold most of the day. Betty took the first watch while Isho slept. Two hours later it was Betty’s turn to get some sleep and so the night went by.

The next morning the Sun was starting to rise and air was cold. The storm had moved off, but not after leaving two feet of fresh powder.

“Isho…Wake up” Betty whispered! “Someone is outside”

Betty could hear the voices of approaching bikes and they were talking about Ben laden.

Betty unsnapped her combat knife and withdrew it. She was ready.

“HELLO…HELLO IN THE HUT…” the voice came from outside and was in perfect Pakistanis.

“WE ARE COLD AND WOULD LIKE TO WARM OURSELVES, PLEASE” the voice called out.

“Isho…Invite them in and stand at the far side of the hut” Betty whispered as she moved to the right side of the covered doorway…Knife at the ready.

"COME IN AND WARM YOURSELVES" Isho yelled out and took his rifle off saftey.

Soon the canvas over the doorway was thrown open and two Taliban fighters came through the door…weapons at the ready.

It took Betty a fraction of a second to kill the last one through the doorway and the first was shot by Isho as he swung around to see what was going on behind him.

The two Taliban fighters were quickly searched. Food, water, ammunition, and weapons were removed from the two.

Betty throw a leather shoulder bag over to Isho “Well take all of this…Let’s eat a little food now and save some for later”.

“We need to move on…they will be looking for these two before to long” as Betty found a small two way radio on one the dead Taliban fighters.

“These two just complicated our mission, and we need to get to Parachinar, today” as Betty flipped open the canvas over the door and rolled out in to the bright morning sunlight.

© DennisB 2010

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:22 pm

To All following this story,

I will be taking a short break from writing and soon will be back with the exciting continuation and conclusion. I hope you all are enjoying it as much as I am creating it for you.

Thank You. sunny

Back to top Go down
wayneliz
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
wayneliz

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks Dennis- can't wait for more!

Wayne G
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:20 am

They dragged the two bodies away from the mud hut and placed them in a shallow, snow filled, gully under a stand of small evergreen trees.

“Hopefully, this will give us a little bit more time” Betty told Isho.

They ate a small amount of the food that was in the bag taken from the Taliban fighters.

Just then the Taliban radio came to life “Don’t answer it” Betty told Isho as she reached for the bag that the radio was in.

“Isho…What are they saying” asked Betty?

“They want to know why they did not check-in at the time they where supposed to” Isho smiled “Because they were just dead tired and needed to rest”.

Betty just smiled “Someday this will all be over for you, my friend…Freedom is sweet but it must be protected at all times or you may lose it. We need to get going…We’ll stay off the main path and roads”

For the rest of that morning they slowly moved their way out of the foothills and down into the flat lands North of Parachinar.

An hour went by and the radio came alive once more.

Isho listened to the message. “Betty, they are coming up here from Parachinar…they will be in a truck”.

Betty smiled “we need to make better time…a truck would be the winning ticket”.

Isho looked at Betty with a curious smile “winning ticket”?

Betty smiled back “let’s get ourselves a truck and make better time, what do you say”?

“Let’s do it” Isho eyes got very big…”I’ve never ridden in a truck before”!

“Today, you will, my friend…Let’s get to the main road and do a little truck shopping”.

Isho smiled big “OK”!

Isho and Betty turned toward the main road.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 1:16 pm

It did not take long for Betty and Isho to come up with a plan to get a truck from the Taliban that were now in sight and moving toward them.

Two trucks were coming up the road. The first was a large troop/cargo hauler and the second was a small Toyota pick up with an un-manned 50 caliber machine gun mounted in the bed.

Betty and Isho found a perfect place for an ambush. The road cut through a small rocky hill and had a slight bend.

They quickly pushed some good size boulders down on the road at the bend.

Betty hid behind a large rocky outcropping on the inside of the bend and Isho waited down the road on the other side of the road with his rifle at the ready.

They were set. Betty signaled to Isho to get down and hide.

In just a moment the large truck past Betty’s position with out slowing and Betty got ready to jump.

Soon the Toyota truck reached Betty and slowed to avoid the rocks on the road.

Betty jumped into the back of the pick up and grabbed the 50 caliber and regained her balance.

She reached for the weapons charging handle and pulled it back.

DAM!!!! The 50 caliber did not have a belt of ammunition loaded.

Both Taliban trucks started to slow.

Shots ran out from the back of the large truck as Betty found the box of ammunition and flipped it open.

She grabbed the ammo belt and with bullets whistling by her, loaded the big machine gun and grabbed the charging handle once more and brought it back and let go.

In a heart beat….

Betty let go a burst of 20 rounds out of the big gun. All into the back of large truck causing it to look like it was in a vapor cloud…. and then it exploded.

The small truck that Betty was in came to an abrupt stop and the doors opened as the 2 Taliban fighters emerged with their AK-47’s at the ready.

Betty lowed the barrel of the 50 cal and let go a 5 round burst at the passenger all but vaporizing him and two shots rang out to Betty’s left and the driver fell to the ground in to a lifeless heap.

Betty jumped out of the back of the pick up and Isho rolled out from behind a rocky cluster.

“Good shooting Isho” Betty called out.

“You call this shopping for a truck in America” Isho shouted out as he got close to Betty.

Betty looked over to Isho “No…In America we use money and negotiation…here we use bullets and no negotiation…we now have a truck…Lets take it for a ride”.

“I can see why they sent you…you truly are a great worrier…The greatest worrier I have ever seen…I’m very proud to have you as my friend, Betty”.

Betty blushed and said “Let’s take your first truck ride”.

They turned the truck around and headed south toward Parachinar.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:02 am

Major Blain was carried from his apartment and loaded onto a flat bed truck, waiting out on the street were he was chained down to the truck bed.

Large paper signs were taped on each side of the truck that read “Traitorous Pig”. The truck was driven around down town Parachinar, for two hours and the people hit him with sticks and thrown rocks.

They arrived at the police station and he was carried into the front door.

The Major was then thrown into a holding cell…There he would stay for three days.

He was feed once a day through the bars. On the third day, that small amount of rice started to look pretty good to the Major.

Every day a video crew and a police interrogator would enter to see if they could get a confession from him.

After the three days, he was moved to his permanent cell and was told that his trial was in a month.

“What is it I’m being charge with” the Major asked in his best Pakistani?

“Treason and Subversion...you pig” said his jailer as he rolled away down the hallway, with him the only light source in the cell area.

All went dark and the only sound was water dripping from a leaking sewer line that ran across the ceiling of his cell.

The cell was like being in some medieval, stone dungeon the Major thought to him self.

I pray Isho made the call…

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:11 am

It was not long before Betty and Isho were just north of the city of Parachinar.

Old mud brick building and homes, half worn down to the ground from the ravages of time, dotted the sides of the road leading into the city.

“We need to hide this truck and make our own way into town” said Betty. “Look…Over there” said Isho. Isho pointed toward an old building that still had a fare amount of roof and three walls standing.

Betty quickly pulled off the road and turned the Toyota into the old structure.

“We need to cover and hide this vehicle so if we need it later, we know where it is…An old tarp…Perfect” Betty and Isho covered the truck and started the short trip into town.

“Isho, do you know were they would have taken Omie” Betty asked as they rolled along a small, shallow, gully that lead into town.

“Yes, they would have taken him down town to the jail to hold him there until his trial…But if they find out that he is an American soldier…The Taliban…They would make a video and then execute him” Isho started to cry.

“Isho, I have seen how brave you are…I would want no other by my side then you… and the fact is you need to be even braver now.” Betty looked into his eyes. “You and your mother deserve a much better life then this and that’s why we fight the Taliban and the others like them.

“Isho, I would give my life for you and your mother and so would the Major, Omie” Tears came to Betty’s eyes.

Isho hugged Betty…and they rolled into town.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 9:42 pm

A week went by and it seemed like a year to the Major.

A bowl of rice and a litter of water is all he was allowed to eat and drink. It was always dark in this dungeon of a jail and the rats and large insects would fight over any rice that landed on the cold stone floor of his cell. One rat, he nicknamed “champ” would always win the battle over the fallen rice. Sometimes he whished the other rat would win for a change.

The light the jailer carries blinds him when his rice and water are brought to him each day. He was thinking that he must look a fright by now.

“Dark, always dark” the Major thought to himself. Day or night, he did not know for sure. “Just darkness” he said to himself so no one could hear he spoke English.

The bared heavy door swung open with a loud screech and the jailer and another bike approached his cell door. The light blinded him. “Your lucky day pig, you get to take a quick shower...we do not want you to stink up our jail and this will give use a chance to wash out your cell a little.

“Back away from the cell door, PIG” the jailer ordered. “We need to put chains on you so you do not roll away now” and both jailers laughed.

“My chance for freedom…the Major thought to himself.

He needed to get both of them in his cell “then I would have a chance” he thought.

The door to his cell was unlocked and made an eerie, deep grown as it rotated opened.

The jailer with the chains entered.

They did not know they had a Army Green Beret in their cell.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:45 am

“NO!!!…You can’t make me do it…NO” the Major’s quick plan was put in motion.

The Major struggled with the first jailer and soon the second jailer came into the cell to help the first.

As soon as the second jailer got a hold of him, the Major used his combat trainning. It just took two seconds and both Taliban jailers lay helpless and dying on the cold stone floor of the cell.

The jail became very quiet and still with the exception of the dripping sewage water, hitting the cell floor.

The Major picked up the jailers light and keys and looked over to see Champ the rat, that had come out of his hiding place to see what all the commotion was. “Champ, they are all yours old friend” and rolled out of the cell and down the hall.

“This town must only have three Taliban police officers and now two were dead” he told himself as he looked into the front room.

He looked through the window and could see that it was early evening. The sun was just setting in the West.

A laptop computer was setting on the desk and was powered on. He quickly looked to see what day it was “Tuesday the 27th. “A week and a half…What a waste of time” he told himself.

The Major waited till dark and the third police officer to come through the front door.

The wait was not long and soon all three of the dead jailers were piled in his old jail cell.

The Major looked at the three dead jailers. “I have the utmost respect for the police in my country and most other nations of the world…But I’m no pig…I’m Major Blain, United States Army Special Forces, and your now rat food, eat well Champ”.

The Major left the building and rolled into the night a free scooter.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:24 am

Parachinar, was not the city Betty was expecting to see. The buildings and streets were run down and in poor condition and the bikes that lived here were dirt poor.

Isho led Betty through some of the back streets and finally to his home in the down town area of the city. Several times they heard loud voices of bikes yelling at one another from the next street over and then vehicles racing off to the north “Looks like they found the bodies and that big truck on the main road” Isho whispered to Betty.

“We need to be more careful now. They know that someone is here now” Betty whispered back.

“Isho, go ahead and go home to your mother and I will join you as soon as it gets dark. Make plans on leaving here soon…But keep in mined we need to move fast from here on in so take very little with you”.

Isho looked at Betty.

“My mother and I are coming with you to America” asked Isho in an excited low voice!

“Yes, you and your mother need to start a new life away from this place. So get going now and tell your mother to get ready to go, tonight” Betty whispered.

Siho smiled and hugged Betty. Then he quickly turned and rolled off in the direction of his apartment. Betty watched after him.

Betty found a place to hide and waited for the night’s darkness to conceal her movement.

Her thoughts now went to planning on getting the Major out of the city jail.

“Terminating Ben Laden will just have to wait for now” she thought to herself.

Night soon came and she started to slowly move toward Isho’s apartment building and
did not see the dark shadow move toward the upstairs apartment door and enter.

Suddenly she saw Isho open the door to his apartment and dart up the ramp leading to the second floor apartment. He pushed the door open and disappeared into the darkness.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 am

The Major used the night to conceal himself and watch his apartment building for a few minutes.

It was not long before he opened the front door on his old apartment and entered into the dark room.

He only needed a few things before he made his way back across the border into Afghanistan and then home to his family.

He had cut a hidden compartment into the wall of the closet and placed things he might need if this day ever came.

“Let’s see, 9mm with extra clip, knife, regional money, map and compass, and his military ID” I’m ready.

He turned started for the door…Just then the door slowly started to open in front of him.

The Major readied himself to kill again…

“Omie…Is that you” the voice soft, like a child’s.

“Isho”

And then another scooter silhouette appeared in the doorway. The Major flinched for the attack.

“Major Blain” The silhouetted figure in the doorway, asked?

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:41 am

“Major Blain, I’m Betty, Special Operations, I was sent to get you out of here” Betty whispered as she rolled closer.

“We received a call from Isho that you were taken captive and they sent me…we need to get going” Betty said with some urgency in her voice.

Major Blain looked at Isho “Thank you my friend, I owe you alot”.

Betty rolled to the front door looked out into the darkness and then looked back to the others “we need to get going soon…is your mother ready to go” asked Betty?

“She was getting her things together when I heard Omie open his apartment door.”

Betty looked over at the Major. He had a surprised look on his face when he heard that Isho and his mother would be going along on the dangerous journey to Afghanistan.

“We have a small Taliban truck with a full tank of gas and a 50 caliber mounted on the bed, hidden just north, outside the city” Betty told the Major.

Betty looked out the door once again “Isho, the Major and I will go and get the truck, get your mother ready to go and we’ll be back soon”.
Isho agreed and rolled past Betty and down the ramp to his apartment.

“Are you ready to go Major” asked Betty as she looked out the door into the darkness.

“I was born ready” said the Major with a smile on his face.

Soon, Betty and the Major were moving through the back streets of the old city.

Lights from closed windows and voices could be heard from the small homes as they pasted.

Silently the two moved through the darkness and soon arrived at the small gully where just a few hours ago Isho and Betty had used to enter the city.

“We follow this gully for about two miles” whispered Betty.

It was not long be for they reached the old building where the truck was stored.

They stopped in the darkness and watched for a few minutes.

They started to move toward the truck…Betty froze in place and whispered. “Trip wire”.

“They must have found the truck” Betty whispered.

The trip wire was hooked up to a claymore mine and was quickly disarmed.

They started to slowly move forward again.

Betty froze in place one more time.

She pointed to a location just beyond the truck. A faint glow of a lit cigarette could be seen in the darkness.

Just then the whispered voices of two Taliban fighters could be heard approaching in the darkness.

Betty and the Major readied them selves…

© DennisB 2010

Last edited by DennisB on Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:53 pm

“Be careful, there are trip wires all over this area” one Taliban fighter said to the other.

“How long do you think well be here” asked the other.

‘Not till morning well they let us leave, when our replacements arrive” the other replied.

That was the last words for those enemy fighters. Their bodies would not be found till the next day.

The Major and Betty moved on toward the side of the building, where they saw the cigarette burning.

Stocking their pry slowly, inch by inch they moved. A cloak of darkness and the sounds of the night, they used as their shields.

They could only see one more guard on the truck and he was just finishing his cigarette “was there only three” Betty whispered?

“Looks like it” The Major whispered back. “I’ll take care of this one, we need to check to see if the truck was booby trapped and find the keys” then the Major quietly slipped off into the night.

Betty waited till she saw the Major emerge from the Taliban hiding place and started heading for the truck when she tripped a hidden wire with her side stand.

The blast blow her to the left and removed most of her windshield, right rear side panel and most of her air cleaner housing.

Betty fell wounded to the ground.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 9:27 am

Betty opened her eyes for a moment to see the Toyota’s tail gate being opened by Major Blain and then she slipped back into darkness.

The next time she opened her eyes she was being bounced around in the back of the truck and the machine gun looming above her, silhouetted against the stars in the night sky.

Soon they were in town and came to a stop.

The Major opened the tail gate to check Betty’s condition “Betty…If you can hear me, were at Isho’s home. We’ll be stopped hear for just a moment and then we’ll be on our way. So hang in there. We’ll get you back and fixed up before to long. I promise”.

Betty looked up at the Major, nodded and smiled.

She could hear the voices of bikes around her, but they sounded like they were a mile away and she did not understand what they were saying.

“O’my GOD” The sound of Isho’s voice rang clear. “I’ll ride back here with her” he then said.
Soon they were on the road out of Parachinar.

Betty lifted her head and looked out into the night and then put her down again.

“Isho…someday, I would like to see this place in the day light” Betty said or she thought she said.

Betty looked over at Isho for a moment. He set there, looking toward the front of the truck and the road ahead.

Things went dark for Betty once again.

TA TA TA TA, the sound of the 50 caliber machine gun brought Betty around and she looked up to see Isho standing behind the big gun, firing it to the road behind them. Large caliber tracer rounds whizzing by him as he continued to fire.

Betty propped herself up and looked over the tailgate to see two Taliban vehicles following and shooting at them.

She looked and found Isho’s AK-47 on the floor next to her. She pulled the clip. It was full…and reinserted it in the rifle.

Betty set the rifle on full automatic and braced on the top of the tail gate, aimed and pulled the trigger.

The AK-47 came alive sending its lethal meaning into the first truck.

Sparks flew off the truck and it soon slowed and moved to the side of the road to let the other truck through to continue the deadly pursuit into Afghanistan.

Isho screamed as one bullet ripped off his right mirror and another went through his windshield. He dropped the floor of the truck.

Betty empted the rest of her clip into the second truck and then looked back to see Isho on the truck floor.

Isho reached out with a fresh clip of AK-47 ammunition and said “you win this one” and then he pasted out.

Betty loaded the clip, charged the rifle, aimed and let go the entire clip of ammunition into the following Taliban trunk.

© DennisB 2010
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Smoke and fire started bellowed from the Taliban truck as it slowed to the side of the road.
To Betty’s horror she could see a Taliban fighter through the smoke, stand up in the back of the truck. On his shoulder a RPG ready to fire and aimed as Betty’s nose.

Betty quickly positioned herself behind the 50 cal.

The fighter launched the grenade…Betty readied herself for the explosion soon to follow.

The grenade flu under the back of the truck and slid along the road until it came to a stop without detonating.

Betty charged the handle on the 50 cal. took aim…it jammed.

Snow flaks started to fall when Betty pushed the button on her extraction locator in her glove box.

She then passed out in the back of the truck next to Isho…

She woke as she was being carried to a waiting Black Hawk helicopter on the ground next to the road. The main rotor slowly rotating.

She could see two attack helicopters circling her position as she was lifted in to helicopter and out of the cold, morning air.

Isho, lay unconscious next to her as Army medics worked on him…

THREE WEEKS LATER…

Isho woke to find a very large black, wet, nose, and a wagging tail just an inch from his face….SPALT, SPLAT, one very wet tongue ran across his face.

He found himself in a very warm and beautiful bedroom.

Snow flakes falling outside the bedroom window were starting to collect on the bare branches of the hard wood trees just beyond the glass.

The bedroom door slowly opened and Isho's mother peeked around the doors edge at her, now, awake son.

She rolled over to the beds edge and hugged her son. Tears of joy came to her face as she held him.

Then Betty looked into Isho bedroom.

Isho looked up, smiled and asked “Are we in America…your home”?

Betty smiled “Yes we are…do you like cinnamon rolls young man” as she carried in a plate of Lu-Lu’s finest.

The End.

I dedicate this story to all the brave men and women serving in Afghanistan. Fighting for and protecting those good people that cannot fight and protect themselves.

Our prayers and love…with you always.

If you liked the story, please let me know, Thank You.

© DennisB 2010

Last edited by DennisB on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Windrider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Windrider

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-07-05

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 3:45 pm

I liked it, when are we gonna get some more like this. It was great
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 6:02 pm

Windrider +1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Beyond Valor  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond Valor    Beyond Valor  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beyond Valor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: