Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Flight Sim for MAc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:16 am

Had to put this somewhere so forgive my mini rant.

Since moving over to a Mac at home I have missed Flight Sim from the previous Windows PC.

So I do a bit of searching and find Mac do one called X-Plane 9. Looks good but carries a £50/$78 price tag. (Plus mapping is limited to the US geography)

Enter Mr Google and after a very brief search find the makers of the game sell the game plus full mapping and for all formats, (Mac, Windows, and Linux), on 6 DVD's for £25.22/$38 including P&P.

So Mr Allen, (Apple), is catching up with Mr Gates, (Microshite) on the marketing, (read - rip off), stakes. Quite a difference in price for what is in effect less than half the product.

Moral - search before you part with you money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 11:20 am

Waspie wrote:

Since moving over to a Mac at home I have missed Flight Sim from the previous Windows PC.

My father in-law has a Mac.

I believe he bought the Mac->Windows emulator and then installed the normal Flight Simulator ... I can check with him later. If this is true it may be cheaper in long run for the emulator which would allow you the ability to run cheaper programs.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:44 pm

honda_silver wrote:
Waspie wrote:

My father in-law has a Mac.

I believe he bought the Mac->Windows emulator and then installed the normal Flight Simulator ... I can check with him later. If this is true it may be cheaper in long run for the emulator which would allow you the ability to run cheaper programs.

I wouldn't entertain another Windows PC in my home, I have an Xbox for other games but Xbox does lack a good Flt Sim.

There is a prog called Fusion which allows Windows to sit on a Mac platform and play windows games don't know if that is what your FIL uses!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Waspie wrote:
I wouldn't entertain another Windows PC in my home, I have an Xbox for other games but Xbox does lack a good Flt Sim.

There is a prog called Fusion which allows Windows to sit on a Mac platform and play windows games don't know if that is what your FIL uses!

My father-in-law purchased Parallel Desktop 5 ( he says Desktop is 6 ) for Mac ... then he purchased Windows 7 Home Premium on top of the emulator.

My father-in-law said that the Parallel was considered better than the Fusion ... but you can research for sure.

He has been running without any problems.
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Parallels or one of the other VM softwares for MAC may be what you're looking for, many of which can be had for free. Then you can just use your old Winblows based games right on the Macidoodle.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:43 pm

I'm not looking for any fusion/parallel type software for two reasons.

1. Don't like the windows application. (I use it at work and it really irritates me)

2. I don't have any games for Windoze!!! Probably the most important point.

I missed Flight Sim from my old Windows days and found X-Plane which runs on all platforms.

XBox is great at graphics, shoot em ups and racing type games but they have never managed a really effective non shooter flight simulator. Hawx is good, but it keeps you constantly struggling to stay on top of the tactical plot and getting the aircraft into tight turns, rolls and loops. Great for after work therapy. Boss been an arse - vent your frustration with a good shooter.

I actually like flying the Cessna, GPS set, VOR and DME on and off I go. No bandits at Angels 15, four o-clock high!!! Just straight flight and realistic landing scenarios.

Sad I know, but when you've been at the sharp end, rounds incoming, a sedate flight in a Cessna is OK.

Peace and safe landings! affraid
Back to top Go down
skiwoods
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
skiwoods

Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 5:46 pm

If you think modifying your Mac to use Microsoft's Flight Sim is costly, try paying for the real thing. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.windycitylaser.com/flying.htm
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:23 pm

skiwoods wrote:
If you think modifying your Mac to use Microsoft's Flight Sim is costly, try paying for the real thing. Shocked

Nope!! I have over 5k hours rotary and never paid a penny!!!

Best roller coaster outside a fun park ever. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flight Sim for MAc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flight Sim for MAc   Flight Sim for MAc I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flight Sim for MAc
Page 1 of 1