Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale

Go down 
+21
Skippy
biketrash
Hammy
tonylumps
CathyN
marco
bigbird
Winger61
walmac
MikeO
Tamjay
"Hi Yo"
DickO
masscoot
billc.
matthew
Waspie
DaveR
honda_silver
Darkeswinger
DennisB
25 posters
AuthorMessage
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale Empty
PostSubject: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:42 am

Here's the story....

Over 2 years ago I lost my temp job at a local Tulsa electronics manufacturing company. Two years of looking for any work in this part of the country has led me down a path that no one wants to go. It is almost impossible to find work here if your not from here or you do not have experience with certain types of designer software like SolidWorks or ProE. The key word is experience. If you have taken a course the employers here still will not even look at you unless you have worked with the software on a job.

Since I was a self temp, I was not able to get unemployment help from the state.

The last day I drove my truck in to that job, someone stabbed my front drivers side tire thru the sidewall. Not just once, but stuck the knife in twice. It looked like they used an ex-acto knife becuse the stabbes were small. I thought it was just a nail in the tire until I took it up to get repaired. The tire tech guy had a funny look on his face when he gave me the news. He told me that my tire was stabbed twice and it needed to be replaced.

Over 2 years....I'm getting just so frustrated...

I tried to a get a job at the local auto parts store, here in Glenpool, so I filled out an application and turned it in. A few days later I received a phone call from a used car Lott asking me if I would come to sign the papers to finalize my car loan...I never heard of them before that... Tulsa.... Someone tried to by a used car with my information from the application.

I could not tag my FORD truck or pay for the insurance to drive it on the streets so it has just sat in my driveway with a dead battery. The battery won't even take a charge and is shot now.

It's with a great deal of sadness in my hart, I must sell my scooter so I can pay my house taxes, utilities, and by food... Homeless and hungry is something I'm not looking forward to...At all.

Right now I'm talking with attorneys to start personal bankruptcy so I can get out of this mountain of debt that has fallen on me over the past 2 years.

I would like to sell my house and get the hell out of Tulsa. I need to move to a place where they have jobs. Just no future in Tulsa.

If anyone would be interested in a 2008 Silverwing that has been loved and taken care of and has always been parked in a garage and has some great stuff on it...one of a kind stuff.

P.S. All the money I have made over the past 2 years making and selling accessories. Has gone into making my scooter payment each month. Sales of accessories has dropped off to the point of where making my Honda payment is impossible for me. The scooter... my scooter named "FREEDOM" will be greatly misses by me.

This is a sad day.

Back to top Go down
Darkeswinger
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Darkeswinger

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:36 pm

If I had the cash, I would offer to buy your scooter. Part of the fun of riding my scooter, is knowing that I am doing all that I can to keep it running well, because of the information the you and others have provided here.
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:41 pm

DennisB wrote:
Over 2 years ago I lost my temp job at a local Tulsa electronics manufacturing company. Two years of looking for any work in this part of the country has led me down a path that no one wants to go.

Come to Austin ( http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/news/2010/11/03/austin-ranks-no-6-nationwide-for-job.html ) ... there have been a lot of people that I know or through our church that have been finding jobs in Austin.
Back to top Go down
DaveR
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider

Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-02-19

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Dennis,
I'm sorry to hear of the situation you find yourself in. Just a suggestion, but maybe you will have to leave your home there in care of a close relative ...wife? and go some place where there is employment. My father back in the early 40's had to do that . He left my mother and the five of us kids came to western Nebraska worked in the harvest of potatoes etc. and then made enough money to bring the family out west. Just thinking....I hope the Lord blesses you somehow and in some way that things will get good again. Sometimes life gets real tough but we have to be tough to survive. I know you can do that....You are in my prayers.....
Old Dave
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:06 pm

I feel terrible for you Dennis.

I know exactly how you feel. I lived in Oklahoma City in 2006 and was faced with the possibility of being unemployed when the GM plant I worked in was shut down. I had a couple of interviews but really there was nothing.

Lucky for me I found a job within my company and they paid for my move. (Although the move was to Tennessee and I hear it's horrible here.)

When I eventually did leave my company because they were bought by a horrible giant conglomerate that is one of the worst companies in the world, there was a lot more opportunity in Tennessee (even though it is just horrible here with the dirty restrooms.) I found a great new company that so far has treated me very well.

If I could make it happen I'd buy your Swing just for the gadgets and to help you out. Alas I have no way to get it to Tennessee and my wife would slit my throat as I slept if I bought another scooter. (Also I've heard the drivers here in Tennessee are so awful with their cell phones and whatnot that you'd have to be insane to drive a scooter here.)

My company manufactures electronic equipment so I'll PM you a link to our web site. They are usually hiring but they do not pay to move new hires anymore. I don't know what your particular area of expertise is so check the site out carefully as there are lots of jobs listed.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Dennis I cannot put into words how much I feel for your situation. I sincerely hope things get better for you.

I it a sad day indeed when we have to sell off those things that are dear to you.

I hope your situation improves soon.

Doug
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
matthew
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
matthew

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:41 pm

Dennis, as with many others here, I've got you in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
billc.
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
billc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2010-02-19

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Dennis, I truly hope and pray something good will happen to you VERY SOON! Your friendship thru this forum is always welcomed by so many people.
I wish you the best and believe your fortune will change soon. You have a great attitude and you cannot let this overwhelm you. If the Lord leads you to it, He will get you thru it!
Best to you...billc.
Back to top Go down
masscoot
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
masscoot

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Dennis, you are not alone. I am in the situation you were 2 years ago and have been on-the-bench for 3 months now. The widespread unemployment is worse than we have ever seen. The number of applicants per job posting is 5-10 to one, not great odds with even the best of skills and experience. I can't buy your scooter but I will get the word out and post the link where I can. Good luck with your sale and your search! Peace
Back to top Go down
DickO
Founding Member
DickO

Number of posts : 1018

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Dennis... no matter what.... Good Luck to you. If you wind up near the Topeka area, let me know and I'll do what I can. Not much of anything around here for electronics but the general job situation is "nominally" better compared to national rates.
Back to top Go down
"Hi Yo"
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale 510-80

Number of posts : 2940
Registration date : 2010-02-17

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:33 am

When I first read this, I looked to the calendar hoping it was April 1st. Alas, this is no joke and I can only wish you the best. I hope everything works out for you. I too have been there, but not when the economy is like it is now.
Back to top Go down
Tamjay
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
Tamjay

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-06-10

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:31 am

Dennis, I was so sorry to read of your predicament. Unfortunately, unemployment is a world-wide curse at the moment - here in the UK things are just as bad because of this recession. The banks have a helluva lot to answer for and our governments are stupid enough to bail them out, making the rest of us suffer.

I do hope that your situation improves soon and we'll be thinking of you.

Laurie
Back to top Go down
MikeO
Site Admin
MikeO

Number of posts : 3783
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 5:55 am

I can only add my thoughts and feelings for you and wish you the best of luck.
Back to top Go down
walmac
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
walmac

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:26 am

Really sad to hear Dennis just hope your situation improves,very best of luck.

Wal.
Back to top Go down
Winger61
Silver Wing Rider
Silver Wing Rider
Winger61

Number of posts : 452
Registration date : 2010-10-15

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:49 am

Dennis

Very sad to read of your unfortunate situation. In the short time I've been a member on the forum, I've always found you to be knowledgeable and friendly to all. I wish you well, and really hope that things turn out for the best.
I have a son in a similar situation, 36 years old, first time out of work since finishing school, and trying everything to get work. The trouble in the UK is employers will take on under 21's, 'cos they can legally pay them less. As with you Dennis, what happened to experience, job loyalty, the ability to actually turn up for work? Were I an employer, I would rather have an older worker I knew would turn in each day, than a young person who "can't be bothered".

Dennis, I wish you all the very best, my thoughts are with you.

Graham
Back to top Go down
bigbird
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2387
Registration date : 2010-05-02

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:01 am

I too feel for your predicament Dennis.
All I can offer is encouragement.
Up here in Canada there are many jobs available for skilled and experienced people. I would think that with your skills you could get a job in a machine or manufacturing shop tomorrow. Would you consider moving north for a job?

Last edited by bigbird on Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marco
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2010-07-21

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:44 pm

Dennis, Ive not been on this forum long but do apreciate your imput on making this a great website.
I too was very sorry to read your terrible situation , why do these situations only happen to nice people??? I hope you can turn around this bad position your in, study all options, and dont give in!!,
Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 pm

I don't want to be negative, but I heard this on the news. "Employers want people who already have a job." That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. A business owner wants to get his labor as inexpensively as possible. They offer me a job. Sure. I need 12 an hour as I'm making 11 now. Oh that's too much? Then go hire someone who is unemployed. I bet they'd jump at the chance.

Anyhoo, I was very sorry to hear about your predicament, Dennis. I've been homeless, myself. It's not fun, not at all; and something I would not wish on my worst enemy. Hope things turn around for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:54 am

I would like take this moment to thank you all for your prayers and your honest and kind words. Since I'm alone in this world, without a family, you are my family. Each and every one of you has a place in my heart.

In these times, things are tuff for allot good people, here and all over the world. It seems that the more a person works hard the more a person is disliked by fellow workers. I like to get my work done and I'm not a timid person.

I have Dyslexia which has been a real burden on my working career my entire life. Which means I work 3 to 4 times harder then the average person to get my work done. Everything I do, or need to do, I study to understand and try to do my best.

Here's a list of Dyslexic people that you know and know that there are millions in this world, just go down the list: http://www.dyslexia-test.com/famous.html

Again....Thank you all for your support. sunny
Back to top Go down
CathyN
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert

Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2010-11-15

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Dennis,

I was sorry to here of your situation. We will keep you in our prayers. I have enjoyed your posts and I am impressed by the accessories and modifications you have created. You are a very talented person. Blessings this Thanksgiving.

Cathy
Back to top Go down
tonylumps
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
tonylumps

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:07 am

Dennis I hope things work out for you. You know I live in the Phila. area I am 67 years old and I drive a truck locally for a living I hate this job so bad But because of the economy I have to Bite the bullet Or get rid of my Toys And that is not going to happen. I know you tried to hold on to the Swing because Everyone needs an out Remember you are at the bottom There is only one way to go. Everything I bought off of you was First class So I know you will be up and Running sooner than later Best Tony
Back to top Go down
Hammy
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
Hammy

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:37 am

I'm so sorry Dennis. You've helped me out so much this past year; Tim (Cosmic Jumper), JeffR, Bill (Honda_Silver) and Dennis helped me out of a huge jam this summer when my belt snapped near Lafayette, IN; without all of you, I'd have been out a ton of money and probably been stuck for a week or so. I really hope things can get better for you, Dennis. You're a good man and I hope an employer will see that and help you out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ezridersscooterclub.com
biketrash
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
biketrash

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:39 pm

Dennis,

I just sent you a PM about your SW.

Linda
Back to top Go down
http://biketrashholiday.com/
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:54 am

Just picked this up Dennis - been away off line for a while.

I don't understand why someone like you with obvious talents is in such a dire situation. Sally and I hope that things really do pick up soon for you. As you said, by the looks of it the best thing to do would be to get the heck out of Tulsa and find a job with an employer who actually appreciates you!

Disability comes in all shapes and forms, dyslexia is 'unseen', but can impact massively on the person who has it.

After 246 individual job applications (of which only 3 were replied to - and they were rejections as well) I thought I'd never find employment again, but I kept at it and eventually got an appointment with B&Q. Not the worlds greatest job, but a job none the less Smile It did more for my confidence and self esteem than it ever did for my bank balance lol.

Never give up and remember - however bad it seems, you always have friends here you can rely on!

All the best from over the pond.

Skip & Sally.
Back to top Go down
Ishkatan
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Ishkatan

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2010-11-16

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:37 pm

DennisB,

Where do you advertise the gizmos you make and sell for the SW? Maybe if you create a free web site and you can bring up the sales rate to make some $$. Also, are they adaptable to other bikes?

I wish you luck and hope you can get focused on making some money.

Back to top Go down
http://www.parklawnsailingassociation.org
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Hi Ishkatan, Try this thread. The only accessory I manufacture that fits another scooter is the GPS mount and that also fits the Honda Reflex. If you need any thing, please e-mail me at dennisberney@cox.net

https://www.silverwing600.com/for-sale-section-f22/things-i-manufacture-and-sell-t1564.htm

Thank You for asking. sunny
Back to top Go down
Opalsboy
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Opalsboy

Number of posts : 1288
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 5:49 pm

Dennis... Ishkatan has a great suggestion... we will have to work on that. My son in law might have some time to help. I think the web presence will help get you in front of folks and also make it easy to market your products.

Thanks Ishkatan.... we are all friends of Dennis that are just trying to get his feet on dry ground.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:15 pm

Denis,

I did send you an email, but it might have been missed! Sally and I are very keen to get hold of a pair of arm rests from you. Since her stroke she has rarely felt comfortable (or secure) on the back of any bike or indeed the Quike, but when I showed her your design she immediately said thats just what she needs.

So here is one firm order, sorry its not much for now, but its a start!

As soon as I get the 'rests' I can start showing other riders and gathering in orders for you! Like you, my only real option of a job is to now start my own manufacturing business - thankfully I invested my time during previous employment and went back to college and gained the proper qualifications in welding Smile
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 6:42 pm

Hi Skippy, I sent you a PM earlier today. I need to check on shipping costs to the UK.

I'm just finishing a set for Bill so I will be able to get a good, correct shipping price.

Thank you for your interest in the kit.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:02 pm

Ho Hum, didn't clock the PM Dennis confused Sorry about that, just opened it now....

Hmm, question?? Will your arm rest kit fit a standard SWing seat, as I don't have a Corbin item and tbh at the prices they ask I'm unlikely to get one any time soon...

If you're sending items over here for various destinations you could always send one large one with the kits then despatched locally to individuals (if it would reduce the cost significantly)?? Either way I'm not fussed, just let me know the total price and I'll transfer the money any way you like - just as long as its not Western Union or a bank in Nigeria LOL. (Advice from Ebay).
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Yes, The arm rest kit will work with any Honda Silverwing seat and all aftermarket seats like Corbin and others. The back rest shown in my pictures with the arm rests, works with the Corbin saddle only. GIVI makes a great Back Rest that will work for you.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:01 pm

Tnx mate much appreciated - as always!
Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

DennisB wrote:
I need to check on shipping costs to the UK.

I'm just finishing a set for Bill so I will be able to get a good, correct shipping price. .

Dennis,

If it will help you to sell another set of arm rests then please send him the arm rests you just made for me ... I can wait till you build another.

Besides I have been thinking of ordering the trailer hitch Smile
Back to top Go down
Jeff Rosenkranz
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Hi Ya DennisB..........Dang it....just found out about your predicament. Bad stuff just should'nt happen to good people.
DB.......some of my all time favorite positions had housing provided. Managed a KOA campgrounds, was a caretaker at a Y camp, the pay was never incredible, but without the expense of utilities and rent.....life was sweet. Someone always wanted you to try there BBQ too. If I hadn't run into some health probs, I'd be heading that direction myself. There are church camps, motel managers usually live on the premises, there is even a great web site, actually a newsletter called the Caretaker Gazzette. All kinds of "Take care of my Home/Yacht/Mother-inLaw" positions. In Australia for Petes sake!! Some churches have live in caretakers.
Well again I have wandered a bit, but when a friends having trouble you just gotta find some answers.
You know those Big City Housing Authorities are always looking for "live on premises" managers......but man that would be scary.
Well......I sure wish you better days DB..............your friend...Jeff.
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Skippy,

I found out what the shipping cost would be to send the armrest kit across the pond to the UK.

Here is what I found out. The lowest cost is the United States Post Service (USPS).

Priority Mail : $52.40 USD 6-10 bus. days
Express Mail : $69.50 USD 3-5 bus. days
Global Express: $138.00 USD 1-3 bus. days

These prices are allot lower then UPS and FedEx and don't forget to subtract $15.00 USD off the cost of the armrest kit to be shipped internationally.
Back to top Go down
Skippy
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
Skippy

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:20 am

Hi Dennis, thanks for the update - I think the $52.40 by Prority Mail is fine.

I think the easiest and possibley safest method of funds transfer is either by IBan or Paypal.

I would prefer paypal but am happy to use the IBan system if you like? I'll cover the cost of all transfer fees and currency exchange this end.

If you would like to PM me the relevant details I'll make arrangements for funds transfer asap.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 5:05 pm

Dennis, My prayers are with you my friend. You are one of the brighter spots on this forum. Jobs are very far and in between here in the Richmond area. I have 2 sons that are unemployed right now. I wish you the very best in whatever direction your life leads you. I have had to move several times with my family because of job losses and I feel your pain. Hang in there. God Bless......Dick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale   HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP!!!!! Silverwing For Sale
Page 1 of 1