Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» New member from Europe
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby steve_h80 Today at 4:47 am

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Yesterday at 4:25 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

» Low charging
MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeby yammer Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:49 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

MPG Weirdness on a Majesty

Go down 
+3
yamascooter
Sweendog
Chinasaur
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

MPG Weirdness on a Majesty Empty
PostSubject: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:28 pm

Sooo.. Cathy and I rode all day Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday PM we gassed up both bikes. Both had been ridden the same number of city/town miles. The Wing got 54 mpg and the Majesty got 73!!

Sunday, we rode down I-5 at 65 mph in a massive headwind and a tailwind on way back. Majesty got 64mpg and the Wing got 57.

The Wing mpg I can understand as it was highway even with a headwind. The Majesty mpg # is baking my noodle. Is it's much lower mpg due to a wider front end and being a thumper? Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:55 pm

The Majesty will always beat the Silver Wing on mileage . A small price to pay for that power . Don't try to fix it there is nothing wrong with it .
Back to top Go down
Chinasaur
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2010-08-26

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:23 pm

Excell..I know it will.. The question is why the mpg went down on the highway when my mileage went up???

Was it due to the wider front end or the single cylinder on the Majesty?
Back to top Go down
Sweendog
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Maxi-Scooter Rider
Sweendog

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:30 pm

The smaller engine is going to be impacted more by the heavy winds than the Swing's. If it were streamlined well, you'd not see as much of a difference.

Check out http://www.craigvetter.com/ for some great streamlining info...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:54 pm

The Majesty will drop more if you push it hard .But it will still be better than the Swing .The small motor doesn't have enough power so the variator increases the RPM buy adjusting the pulleys .Thats where the gas mileage goes .
Back to top Go down
yamascooter
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-07-05

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:45 am

I also have an '09 Majesty.Excellent mileage and overall performance! I have considered trading up on engine size,but from all the posts I read I probably have the best scooter available in this size range!I have over 21,000 on mine and it hasn't missed a lick! Handles perfect in all conditions. Sturgis last year ....Daytona last two years...and counting!It will be hard for Me to change My ride. Ray Mac.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Ray,

I had the majesty for 2 years and it was a great scoot. It was very comfortable and took us up in the mountains 2 up.
Back to top Go down
XLS
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-12-31

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 am

Since you guys have and ride Majesty, what do you think about this:
Yesterday I visited a MC dealer and ran into a brand new never sold 2010 Majesty 400, MSRP $6900, dealer's lowest take so far $5800 + TTL.

NADA $5717
KBB. $4425

Is this a good deal?
Opinions appreciated.
Back to top Go down
JeffR_
Site Admin
JeffR_

Number of posts : 1103
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:47 pm

XLS,

I would talk them down quite a bit. They seem to be asking almost full price. Here is the Kelley Blue Book quote for retail:

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycles/yamaha/yp400-majesty/2010-yamaha-yp400-majesty/suggestedretailvalue/?categoryname=scooter

If you pay $5,800 you already have lost $1400 off of retail value. I would show them this quote from Kelley BB and see what they say. But you can find a new Majesty for that much I would think, with the economy being the way it is. I also think that they did a couple of improvements with the 2011 Majesty and newer. Just my thought.
Back to top Go down
XLS
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-12-31

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 1:58 pm

I did present the information to dealer and the following is there quoted response:

"Morning,
I would love to sell you that, but unfortunately I can't at that price. I understand if it was a used one but since it's technically still new with warranty that you won't find on another one identical I have to stick to the price I quoted you.
I thank you for the offer though.
Thank you
David"

Back to top Go down
honda_silver
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
honda_silver

Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2008-12-23

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 2:38 pm

XLS wrote:
I did present the information to dealer and the following is there quoted response:

"Morning,
I would love to sell you that, but unfortunately I can't at that price. I understand if it was a used one but since it's technically still new with warranty that you won't find on another one identical I have to stick to the price I quoted you.
I thank you for the offer though.
Thank you
David"

The Majesty that the dealer has most liking been in their stock (or another dealer's stock ) for quite a while, so they it is not likely to move quickly.

With Honda you can buy a used Honda with warranty and buy an extended warranty before the warranty expires. If you can do the same with the Majesty, then I would send a note back to David saying that you will start searching for used Majesty with active warranty and then purchase an extended warranty ... which provides two benefits

1) Lower price
2) Longer warranty then the dealer is offering

And more importantly less than what the dealer is offering.

If you can find any Majesty's with warranty on the internet ... then you could even show the dealer.
Back to top Go down
john grinsel
Curmudgeon
john grinsel

Number of posts : 3291
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:20 pm

this Majesty vs SilverWing mpg comparision is apples/oranges....400cc vs 600cc------bigger is always going to use more-----push smaller engine hard, it, too will use a lot----trans does not adjust at highway speed. Fugures given, indicate, they were not ridden hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MPG Weirdness on a Majesty   MPG Weirdness on a Majesty I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MPG Weirdness on a Majesty
Page 1 of 1