Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??

Go down 
+2
DennisB
ozbar
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ozbar
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
ozbar

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-08-15

Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? Empty
PostSubject: Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??   Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Just bought a low mileage 09 plate S.W with 461 miles on it from my local Honda dealer (Ex Honda UK Fleet bike).

Is there anything i should have specially checked or upgraded or installed before I get her on Fri next week (20th). I read somewhere that the stock sparks are crap, and that NGK ones will even give me alittle more power... Any advice would be very much appreciated. Can't wait to get her on the road, already smiling as I type this. I haven't told my s-wing 125cc in the garage though so keep it under your hat..lol

thanks for ur input.
Oz Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
DennisB
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru

Number of posts : 2778
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??   Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:47 pm

Hi Oz,

Welcome to the forum. What I think is, ride the beegeebers out of it and then think about all the cool stuff you can add. If you do your own maintance, you can save a bunch of money. Check out our pictorial section for some great information on getting things done on your new love. Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? Icon_cheers

Again, Welcome
Back to top Go down
hot shoe
Scooter Rider
Scooter Rider
hot shoe

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??   Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 3:45 pm

ozbar wrote:
Just bought a low mileage 09 plate S.W with 461 miles on it from my local Honda dealer (Ex Honda UK Fleet bike).

Is there anything i should have specially checked or upgraded or installed before I get her on Fri next week (20th). I read somewhere that the stock sparks are crap, and that NGK ones will even give me alittle more power... Any advice would be very much appreciated. Can't wait to get her on the road, already smiling as I type this. I haven't told my s-wing 125cc in the garage though so keep it under your hat..lol

thanks for ur input.

I have over 10K miles on my plugs and haven't even had to look at them so I don't even know what brand they are because they are firing just fine. NGKs are fine dependable plugs but any increase in power is a falsehood. If a plug fires the fuel/air mixture reliably what more can it do? Bottom line..the oems whatever they might be are fine until they fail to fire. As to increased power, some slight power increase can be realized with the addition of a K&N filter to flow more air, drilling the air box to increase air intake, pipe change, all of which accomplish the same thing, is about all that can be done without major engine work which could diminish the inherant reliability of the Honda engine. Ride it a couple thousand miles or so in various traffic situations & speeds to see what if any of these things are what you want or need.
Back to top Go down
buddy19520
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
buddy19520

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2010-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??   Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 4:12 pm

I agree with Dennis - just ride it a lot. The bike will be just fine with only 500 miles on it. As you ride it, you will begin to think of things that will make it more comfortable or convenient to use. Backrest, topbox, windshield, etc. Then look them up on this site because you can be sure somebody else has already come up with a good solution for every problem.

Mechanically, the bikes work fine completely stock. You can get some additional performance by using a J Costa variator, performance chip, aftermarket exhaust, but may not even want to change anything.

Go out and ride!

Welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down
Waspie
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
Waspie

Number of posts : 2392
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??   Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Hi Oz.

I have a near year old Silver Wing, completely stock. No problems with any part of the bike. Now have 5k plus miles on it now and no regrets.

Spend some time riding it, I'm sure you will anyway, but the riding position and such I found took a few hundred miles to adapt to after my previous Burgman.

Saying that I am never off the thing now.

Enjoy the ride and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Waspie41
jdeereanton
Silver Wing Guru
Silver Wing Guru
jdeereanton

Number of posts : 1995
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??   Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:44 am

ozbar wrote:
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.

ozbar wrote:
Is there anything i should have specially checked or upgraded or installed before I get her on Fri next week (20th).
Yes, you must have them install everything you've ever read that will improve its performance including a car tire. Just kidding - the SilverWing is a fine bike right off the floor and inspite of much of the "stuff" many advocate must be installed to make it civil - it is good just as it is.

ozbar wrote:
I read somewhere that the stock sparks are crap,
Find new reading material Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? Icon_lol Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? Icon_lol

ozbar wrote:
..and that NGK ones will even give me alittle more power...
Your bike may actually have them as NGK plugs are OEM. See my comment above.

ozbar wrote:
Any advice would be very much appreciated. Can't wait to get her on the road, already smiling as I type this. I haven't told my s-wing 125cc in the garage though so keep it under your hat..lol

thanks for ur input.
You're welcome
Back to top Go down
http://kimdaleanton.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??   Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just bought an 09 S.W...what should i do next??
Page 1 of 1