Honda Silver Wing Scooter Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» drive belts
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Today at 5:43 pm

» New member from Europe
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:55 pm

» New Silverwing owner, thoughts and questions
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby alex_at Today at 3:54 pm

» Will my 2002 Silverwing 600 fit in the bed of my F150 Ford with Tailgat up or down?
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby tedebr Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:56 pm

» Is this a good price for a Silverwing 2006
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby zrx212 Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:19 pm

» What were they thinking?
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:57 am

» Hello everyone
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby MikeO Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 am

» Sidelight Bulbs
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby Green7 Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:25 pm

» Voyager trike kit forsale
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby Mkdelay12@gmail.com Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:41 pm

» tiny oil leak
The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeby Loosemarbles Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:41 pm

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
free forum

The Russians have stolen our summer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Limey
Silver Wing Expert
Silver Wing Expert
Old Limey

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2010-06-09

The Russians have stolen our summer Empty
PostSubject: The Russians have stolen our summer   The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:00 am

Here we are on 14 August, and it is still raining. It has been raining nearly every day since the end of June. Iam wearing the same wet weather gear i wear in winter. We would expect to have temperatures in the 70's-80's and sunshine most days, instead it's in the low 60's and dark horrible clouds nearly every day. it has'nt stopped me riding but iam really fed up with it. Meanwhile Russia has had heat so bad it's effected their harvests and they have awful forest fires, iam sure the devils have pinched our sun. I also see you in America are having [trouble] with the heat. Some of you riding to keep cool, my god bring it on!. What a joy to have a good moan!
Somebody up their is watching this website,Sunday15 was SUNNY temp75. Monday 16was SUNNY temp86. I think that was our summer. I must try moaning more often[ if possible] If it gets results!!

Last edited by Old Limey on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MaxB
Touring Scooter Rider
Touring Scooter Rider
MaxB

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2009-10-06

PostSubject: Re: The Russians have stolen our summer   The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:38 am

it has been so hot here in Southern Indiana, that my tatoos are running.
I have been putting farkles on my Swing for a week, I quit at about 1 pm heat is over 95 deg F. and heat index over 100. i can't take the heat like I could when younger. (A/C makes me lazier)
i have almost all the plastic panels off to run wires, cables, relays, etc. Now I can't find one cable i ordered last fall and never installed. hahahhaha
I should finish this weekend.
Almost forgot that i have been working on a friends Bergman 650 also. (hers is done mine is not)
Lots of tupperware on scoots.

MaxB ( sweatin" to the oldies)
Back to top Go down
JeffR
Site Admin
JeffR

Number of posts : 2596
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: The Russians have stolen our summer   The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:13 pm

Here in the Bay area of California it has been a nice cool summer. One thing I liked about living in Illinois were the seasons and I love cold weather so this is a really nice summer for me. I have been following the weather and it seems to be very hot in the midwest this year so I don't miss that at all. Hope it cools down soon for all of you but maybe you will have a mild winter so you can ride longer.

As for England, it seems like we get your temperatures but no rain. It usually doesn't rain out here between May and November so the riding season is always nice. Not to rub it in but it is the best thing I like about California. I could do without all of the people and traffic, but at least we can split lanes here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.silverwing600.com
dickie
Super Scooter Rider
Super Scooter Rider
dickie

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-24

PostSubject: Re: The Russians have stolen our summer   The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Old Limey
I know this won't help you but I worked in the Czech Republic last week and the weather was pretty nice. Did get a few hours of rain but overall pretty decent.
It's pretty warm here in Virginia but I am one who preferes the heat vs snow.
We are headed out for 3 weeks on the GW next week and pray for decent weather. Will hit WV, MD, PA and NY just Lollygagging along. Will visit wife's folks in upper PA for a few days.
Hope your weather straightens out for you...Dick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Russians have stolen our summer   The Russians have stolen our summer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Russians have stolen our summer
Page 1 of 1